Update Stronglifts and Kettlebell transformation! Pictures!

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    yw3cjrmebjfv.jpg

Non flexed!

I just took this picture to show how well the Kettlebell routine that I do works. I am two sizes smaller than the last picture that you see even though it looks like I am wearing the exact same outfit. My arms are toned they are not big so your husband does not have to worry about you getting bigger if you go with heavier Kettlebells. It's your body not your husband's!

You are looking great!!!

My husband is otherwise a very intelligent man, but he gets his pet peeves and has certain outdated ideas lodged in his brain...
    I know and you know I'm not going to get all "swole," but he's unwilling to take the blinders off for now. He got real pissy last time I brought it up. I don't get it. But when you love someone...

I'm cutting right now so I'm looking to just maintain strength for the moment. I may push the issue again when I'm ready to start progressing again.
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    yw3cjrmebjfv.jpg

Non flexed!

I just took this picture to show how well the Kettlebell routine that I do works. I am two sizes smaller than the last picture that you see even though it looks like I am wearing the exact same outfit. My arms are toned they are not big so your husband does not have to worry about you getting bigger if you go with heavier Kettlebells. It's your body not your husband's!

I've been following ur post. 60 soon!! Omg I just Love seeing ur progress thanks for posting updates.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    bnovak226 wrote: »
    yw3cjrmebjfv.jpg

Non flexed!

I've been following ur post. 60 soon!! Omg I just Love seeing ur progress thanks for posting updates.

Thanks! Quite frankly I can now eat whatever I want without reservation most of the time.
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2017
    ha2xqnl9kk6t.jpg

I know it is hard to tell but the skirt in this picture is way too big to wear now! If you compare the stretch of my shirt you can tell that in the second picture it is not stretched out as much.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member

[/quote]

I have modified the five-week program because I also do strong lift 5X5. If you do not weight lift I would suggest doing the Russian kettle bell swing and the goblet squat M/W/F. GobletSquats and the press T/TH. Unless you have a pull-up bar and want to do pull-ups or negative pull-ups. I myself am not strong enough to do a pull-up yet.

Pavel Tsatsouline Author and coach of Olympic athletes wrote the book simple and sinister. He states that you can do kettle bell swings's every day unless you don't want to. Also you will burn approximately 20 cal per minute because it is a HI IT work out combined with strength building. You will get the muscle after burn. Make sure you take your measurements

I have my own equipment at home. I love the Kettlebell because I take it whenever I'm on the road which is often![/quote]

I plan on starting this next week doing what you suggested on M/W/F, and T/TH so could you post a video on how to do the press that you are suppose to do on this program for me. Thanks and how long should it take to do day one with only the kettle bell swing and squat? I don't see how it would take 30 mins. to do like it says on his site. Thanks for all of your help.
  • fanncy0626
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WO2JPxGCsnU

See if this helps. Or go online and watch StrongFirst videos on each lift. The reason that it takes up to 30 minutes for the squad and kettle bell swing is because you have one minute intervals for each set so you swing for approximately 15 seconds and you rest for approximately 45 seconds. Get the swing timer app on your phone for setting intervals. Your first few weeks are not going to be 30 minutes in length because you only do three minutes on squats and 10 minutes of swings on the first day then you add three every day, follow the five-week program. Good luck let me know how you do!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Thank you for getting back to me so fast. What do you think about adding a dead lift to one of the workout days? Or should I wait until I finish the 5 weeks first.
  • fanncy0626
    Thank you for getting back to me so fast. What do you think about adding a dead lift to one of the workout days? Or should I wait until I finish the 5 weeks first.

I think that would be a fantastic idea. I would do it on the overhead press day.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Absolutely amazing transformation!! :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2017
    Kettlebell Swing
    Morning workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing- 22X7X 35
    Evening workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-16 X7X 35
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2017
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2017
    Here is the actual program that I follow and have for the last 2 years.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/5-week-whole-body-single-kettlebell-workout

I have modified it to fit me. I actually only did the goblet squat and the kettle bell swing and would do those every day. I did that because I had my weightlifting bench and would do the chest press and modified pull up every other day.

Day 1
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35 means three sets of five squats with a 35 pound kettle bell. At one minute intervals. I use the swing timer app to monitor this.
    Russian kettle bell swing-10 X7X 35 means 10 sets of seven swings with a 35 pound kettle bell. Use whatever size Kettlebell you want.

Day 2
    Alternating press- 4X5,4,3,2X10 means 4 sets of five reps of single arm press then do it with your other for five reps. Rest are usually a one minute rest period so for this I would have one minute rest with 30 second worktime so a total of 1 1/2 minute intervals set on my timer. The next set would be 4 reps of the single arm press then your other arm. The next set would be 3 reps of the single arm press then your other arm. The next that would be 2 reps of the single arm press then your other arm.

Pull ups- 4X5,4,3,2bodyweight this means 1 set of five pull-ups rest one minute, 1 set of 4 pull-ups rest one minute, one set of 3 pull-ups rest one minute, one set of 2 pull ups done! I did modified pull ups on my weight bench. You can do many different types of modified pull ups and there are a lot of them online to look at. I suggest using two chairs and a broomstick across the top of both of them. You lie on the floor with your body tight if you can pull your whole body off the ground. Modified chest off the ground.

Day 3-add 3 more sets of swings. 13 sets
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-13 X7X 35
    Day 4 same as day 2.
    Day 5-add 3 more sets of swings. 16 sets
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Day 6- same as day 2
    Day 7- rest day
    Week 2
    Day 1 goblet squats-3X5X 35 this stays the same for 4 weeks.
    Russian kettle bell swing-13 X7X 35 notice that instead of going up from 16 sets you went back down to 13 sets. This becomes a pattern!
    Day 2-never changes always the same only thing that would be different is if you added weight to the pull up. See above for description of day 2 presses and pull ups!
    Day 3-
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Day 4- same as Day 2
    Day 5-
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-19 X7X 35
    Day 6- same as day 2
    Day 7-rest day
    Week 3
    Day1-
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Day 2 -
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35
    Pull ups-4X5,4,3,2X bodyweight
    Day 3-
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Day 4-
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35
    Day 5-
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-21X7X 35
    Day 6-
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35
    Pull ups-4X5,4,3,2X bodyweigh
    Day 7- rest day
    Week 4
    Day 1-
    goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Day 2-
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35
    Day 3-
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-21X7X 35
    Day 4-
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35
    Day 5-
    goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25 5X7X 35
    Day 6-
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35
    Pull ups-4X5,4,3,2X bodyweigh

Week five is a De-load week kind of like a rest week. I don't usually do this week because in normal life activities I may have to take a break here and there and use that. Remember you can make your exercise fit for your lifestyle. Usually at this time I Add weight go up 5 pounds to a heavier kettle bell. Or, if that is too much for me which it usually is I will add swings and start the program over again from week one.

Week 1
    Day 1-
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35, this always stays the same!
    Russian kettle bell swing-10 X 10 X 35 noticed that I have added three swings I went from seven swings up to 10 swings.
    Day 2-
    Presses-4X5,4,3,2 X 35

Then I would continue all the way through the next four weeks. After that 4weeks I would probably start using a 40 pound kettle bell.
  • fnelson_41
    fnelson_41 Posts: 4 Member
    Excellent job, you look great! I am 57 and I just started my journey to better health. You are very inspiring.
  • fanncy0626
    Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X 35
    Alternating press-4 X 5,4,3,2X35
    Modified pull-up-4X5,4,3,2Xbodyweight
    Evening workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-18X7X35
  • Its_thetime
    Its_thetime Posts: 18 Member
    Wow you look amazing! Your hardwork and dedication is so inspiring!! <3
  • fanncy0626
    Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-14X7X 40
    Alternating press-4 X 5,4,3,2X35
    Modified pull-up-4X5,4,3,2Xbodyweight
    Evening workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X35

• Wow .. checking out the videos. The Goblet Squat looks very powerful and I think it will take some time to master!
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Am glad I found this thread! I am 55 and I LOVE my kettlebell!! I have been struggling using it because I have a horrid internet connection and trying to follow along with you tube videos is a nightmare! Hello 5min rest times while the video buffers!! Ugh!

Thank you for writing down what you are doing and when you increase your weights and reps. It's helped me get a clear picture of how to do this for myself.

I started following how you are doing it this week and am loving it! I am doing MWF and cycling T/TH. It may end up being M-F as the time change and my work schedule may not allow me to cycle.
    Riding in the dark is not my idea of fun! LOL

You look fabulous and congrats!!
  • fanncy0626
    Wow .. checking out the videos. The Goblet Squat looks very powerful and I think it will take some time to master!

They are! They are very effective at tightening your glutes and stretching in preparation for the swing! I don't do any other warmup.
  • fanncy0626
    @Catawampous thanks! I absolutely love the results of the Kettlebell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!