Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    @GOINSTD12 Tracy glad you are feeling better and to have you back posting! thanks for sharing your weekly data :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Friday Fitness ... Well, it is Sept 1 and my Premium membership has ended ... I didn't see that when I logged my breakfast, but did when I went to log my lunch. I'm going to try without it for the rest of this year as I didn't find it too awful when I logged in as my alternate NK1112 this past couple of weeks. Yes, my computer issues are slowly being resolved and I can now connect on that smartphone as well as the desktop.

Ok for Fitness ... I'm setting fitness goals for all of September today. It will take me that long to get everything done that I want to do. My fitness is in the realm of getting my home and myself ready for the cold season that is fast approaching. Just to do that will require me to do daily work around this place that will first require me to do extra stretches and strength moves so that I can do the work involved. That's one funny blessing of getting 'old' ... you need to keep up with mobility and cognitive improving/conserving maneuvers or you just cannot do anything at all :)

@bapcarrier ... Whoot! Whoot! Whoot! Thanks for stepping forward ... have you thought about the parameters of the challenge once you take over ... like ... name, duration, anything about reporting cutoffs, etc.. that you want to incorporate? I'll be looking forward to reading those when we get closer to the end of this challenge that @happygirlxxx (thanks Ana) has been keeping so well for us.
    <3 Niki
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    @lydiapassthedonuts - glad to hear you are ok. Like @bapcarrier - I am also from Florida (southern) and felt the wrath of Wilma a while back. No where near the water you are dealing with but I lost my roof and had no power for 2 weeks. Hurricanes are NOT fun!

@bapcarrier - I am so excited you stepped up for the next challenge. I'm with @newjax2017 - I like the challenges. It keeps me accountable! :)

@happygirlxxx - THANK YOU for all your hard work this past challenge. Even with your relo (INTERNATIONAL at that!) you stayed on top of everything! You are awesome!

@GOINSTD12 - I am glad to hear that you are on the mend! Take care of YOU!

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!

45398632.png
  • happygirlxxx
    Thank you all! Has been fun keeping track. I know with summer it's hard to be as focused on weight loss but I am really happy of our results ... well done!!! :)

@bapcarrier if you would like me to forward you my xls when done with this challenge let me know. It's very simple but It did the work ;)

Have a nice weekend everyone! Here is raining today, but had to take my dogs for a walk anyway ... and I got a new NSV, my rain boots are big now :D when I got them taking them out was an ordeal.. now they just slide out, guess my calves are slimmer B)
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    @pdrye5 - welcome. What you are doing is a great start. Try moving from your bed/bath to your porch or back yard. Sunlight is an important ingredient to improved mental and physical health and will encourage you to move more as well. Also, you should check out You Tube for chair exercise videos. There are tons of them and they're fun as well. They will help build your strength in preparation for more strenuous exercise.
    Tracy
    TX
  • vaned
    vaned Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, my name is Vanessa. I'm glad I came upon this thread because I'm struggling to lose 90lbs. I think the number just intimidates me feeling like I'll never reach that point. Just looking for support to help me along the way :)
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    @Vaned Hi Vanessa, the large number always daunted me too and I gave up.... a lot! Put that number away and just start! If you need a goal then make it 10 pounds! It is much easier to focus on that and I promise you every 10 pounds will amke a difference in how you feel! Start today! And just focus in one healthy day at time ! Good luck
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Hello @vaned - when I started my journey in April 2016, I weighed 305 and planned to lose 110#s. That number was incredibly sad and depressing to me and felt impossibly to reach. I started paying attention to MFPs "if every day were like today, in 5 weeks you'd weigh..." numbers. I'd pick a relatively low activity & high calorie day, (typically Sundays for me) and put that day's 5wk number in my calendar five weeks later. Then I strived to beat that number! If MFP said I could expect to lose 3lbs in 5 weeks, I made it my goal to lose at least 5! And often I ended up with a few extra pounds gone on top of that. It broke the process into manageable five week pieces and became a game I played with myself that I was determined to WIN! And win I did. I reached my goal a year later and blew right past that by losing an additional 10lbs. Have been maintaining for the past three months. Now I use those 5week numbers as a WARNING, and it works. Lol. You can do this - and we're here to help! You are worth the hard work!
  • birgitkwood
    edited September 2017
    @pdrye5 - Hello Pam! Yes, we here all know the struggle you are facing. You can do this, one day at a time. I agree with @GOINSTD12 - try to get outdoors a little bit every day, sunlight and fresh air helps! Then try to think of your body as a highly tuned engine that will work at its best ONLY on good quality fuel. With good, nutritious food in you, you may soon feel more energetic. Drink lots and lots of water (think of the exercise you'll get walking to the bathroom, lol). Add chair exercises, taking the longer route to/from the bathroom, walking around the house in circles. Put on music you like and DANCE! One day follows the next and you'll soon see improvement. We're all here with you to cheer you on - you can do this!
  • happygirlxxx
    I don't know what's gotten into me ... I can't stop eating!!! I do well at breakfast but as the they progresses I start eating junk and it's like my stomach had unlimited space ... just ate 8 toasts!!!! They are maybe like 4 of regular size bread but still!!

Any advice of how to get my focus back?
  • MyBeth1
    MyBeth1 Posts: 30 Member
    Ready to make changes with people who understand. After 2 years of dealing with medical issues and the meds, I gained a lot of weight on top of the weight I had. I have a great hubby and a darling daughter (DD). And we spent the summer Reprioritizing life! Meds changes were made and life has been getting better. Now time to get healthy!

September's goals: loss of 10lbs, increase exercise time and days. And decrease carb in take., since I love to make homemade breads.
  • birgitkwood
    @happygirlxxx - yeah, had a day like that yesterday. Happens to me every so often. I find that when I make EXERCISE my focus, and do it first thing in the morning, it gets the day off on the right foot and my eating usually stays on track for the rest of that day. So on good days (most of them) I clap my eyes open, drink a cup of coffee, hitch up the dog to her leash and head out the door for a 4 mile walk. Gets the endorphins percolating and screws the head on straight. Most of the time... Sending hugs and best wishes, B.
  • birgitkwood
    @MyBeth1 - welcome! You've found a good place. We're all happy to have you and are here to help support your journey. To health!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2017
    Just reading thru the posts and realized tomorrow is another week gone! I have to admit my mind hasn't been on my food/exercise etc. since the weekend. As many of you know I live in SW Florida, I also live in a very nice 55 plus Golf and Country Club community BUT it is mobile homes and here comes Hurricane Irma!! Getting ready to evacuate in the next couple of days, many have left already. The problem being, no one knows where this hurricane is actually going...east coast, west coast, up the center of the state, out in the Gulf or all of the above!!! Our store shelves are empty, there are lines for gas and all they have left right now is Premium. Thousands are on the interstates heading north. That's the disadvantage of living in Florida, when fleeing a hurricane like this one, you can only go one way, north! It normally takes me about 7 to 8 hours driving to get to the state line, I can't imagine what it's going to take now! At this point, I am planning on only going as far as Kissimmee, FL (near Orlando) to a friend's site built, "hurricane proof" (if there is such a thing) home. Hopefully, that will be a safe place to be. I'll try to check in over the next few days, it's not suppose to hit here until the weekend. I have a lot to do around the house before I can leave, bringing in all the small items, patio furniture, empty the lanai, empty the freezer and refrigerator, etc. etc. I didn't empty freezer/frig for Charlie and came back to the awful mess of rotten food. I lived on an island that got a direct hit from Charlie and we weren't allowed back on the island for over a week and didn't have power back for almost two weeks, thus the lesson learned about emptying the frig! Don't expect any problems until Saturday or Sunday and I'll be out of here before then. I'll keep you posted! Hate to see what my weight will be in the morning- I stress eat!! :(