Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @RobinB0812 haven't seen you on in a few days, praying that Irma didn't cause you any problems. I know it hit some of the East coast realty hard and I couldn't remember exactly where you are located on the coast..

I just received word that my place was spared any damage. The power is already back on (we were without power for over two weeks after Charlie) . The flooding has receded also, things are definitely looking up! I plan to head on home, leaving NC around 3 am to hopefully avoid a lot of traffic! What should have taken 11 hours to get here took a little over 20! That's a lot of driving straight thru, but there weren't any rooms available anywhere so I just kept going. At one point I went 35 miles in THREE hours that's almost 12 mph! Wow! Sure hopge the trip back is easier.

I will still volunteer to record for our next challenge. I need these challenges for the accountability. Do you want to add anything besides weight? Looking at the calendar a 10 week challenge puts us ending the Saturday after Thanksgiving. What would you think of a 9 week challenge OR may a 15 week one that ends on Sunday, December 31st? Can we do this over the holidays or do we stop on November 18th and start again Jan 1st with a new challenge?

Sorry, no weigh in since I got here, no scales available, that may be a blessing as I'm sure my weight has probably sky rocketed!

@happygirlxxx just saw where you were goig to delete some, I think it's safe to raise my weight by 3 pounds for today and I'll be home and get an official weight for Saturday. Also, yes I would love the template you used. Thanks
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier I am glad there your place didn't get damaged with the hurricane; you were lucky! My family is also in Florida and all they got was no power and a fence that felt ... so very lucky too!

For the next challenge I am open to a 9 week challenge, just because I can see will get complicated for everyone with Thanksgiving or maybe extend it a couple weeks after (12 weeks in total) so people can make up for all the turkey and gravy :D I would not suggest to do a very long challenge because people with the year end holidays might drop out half way through because everyone will get busy with social events and then might be like with this challenge that half of the people disappeared due to summer.

Having said that ... I will join the next challenge and follow what the majority of the group wants.

Forward me your email and I will email you my xls this weekend once we close the challenge.

Please submit your weight-in for this week!! I will post all results this Sunday!!!
  • KayTay612
    KayTay612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the next challenge and getting more involved! I think a 9 week challenge would be great :)
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name: Jackie
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (July 5): 260
    Goal Weight (September 15): 244

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: 258
    2. July 19: 256.5
    3. July 26:254
    4. August 2: 254
    5. August 9: 252.5
    6. August 16: 252
    7. August 23: 251.5
    8. August 30: -
    9. September 6: 251
    10. September 13: 250
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight loss so far -15
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am always worried about guilt and attitude (for myself) so my vote is 9 week challenge ending before Thanksgiving (even though we dont have that here: ) because the holidays in General will be challenging.... Perhaps a good 9 week run that will move us strongly forward (hopefully) and then some sort of challenge to get us through the holidays maybe by maintaining or making a smaller goal?
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    Options
    I'm late posting! Sorry!

Summer Challenge

Name: Lydia
    Height: 5'8"

Start Weight (July 1): 254
    Goal Weight (September 15): 244

1. July 12: 253.4
    2. July 19: 251.8
    3. July 26: 249.4
    4. August 2: 248.8
    5. August 9: 246
    6. August 16: 245.8
    7. August 23: 245.2
    8. August 30: 240.8
    9. September 6: 240.6
    10. September 13: 240.2

Weight -/+ this week: -0.4 lbs
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -13.8 lbs
    Weight loss so far: -19.8 lbs

I went to the doctor about my back last week. I am feeling a bit better since then. I haven't had a day off of work to get any rest or any activity. But, I'm still making a bit of progress.

My goals for this week is to get back to the gym and DRINK WATER!
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    Options
    I'll join the next challenge no matter what is decided. I'm up for anything!

Welcome to all the new people. Hope to see you all in the next challenge.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

Start Weight (July 5): 185.8
    Goal Weight (September 15): Stay within 182-185lbs, MAINTENANCE

1. July 12: Can't weigh - camping/hiking in the woods
    2. July 19: 183.2
    3. July 26: 181.4 Probably means I didn't drink enough water yesterday
    4. August 2: 182.8
    5. August 9: 184.0
    6. August 16: Can't weigh - camping/hiking in the woods
    7. August 23: 183.6
    8. August 30: 179.6
    9. September 6: 180.8
    10. September 13: 183.8

Weight -/+ this week: +3.0
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -2.0 (the goal is to MAINTAIN)
    Weight loss so far: 120+ lbs lost since 4/4/16

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier, I like the idea of a 9-week challenge to end before Thanksgiving. That will leave 6 weeks until the last Saturday of 2017 ... and my suggestion for those last weeks would be to focus on something that contributes to either weight loss or weight maintenance because it is so hard to not gain weight during the holiday season. It could be something informal and "on-your-honor" for reporting. I also like your suggestion to pick up a weight-loss challenge again with the new year ... we will need a leader for that so folks can start thinking about it.

Thursday Truth ... today I had an appointment for blood work and was really worried about going out in public what with having Shingles. I called my doctor and spoke with the PA and was assured that I could go with no concern for spreading the chickenpox virus because the blisters had started to scab over by the day I called. Then I was talking to a friend who suggested I just ask if the technician was pregnant because I was still being a worry-wort over exposing someone. .... Well, I did ask, and the technician said "no, but you shouldn't be here anyway because I have small kids at home". Then I was sorry I brought it up because I gave her a stress that didn't really exist any longer. So today's truthful lesson is that sometimes I over-think things. Including why the scale would not budge yesterday morning but dropped nearly a pound today!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I too like the idea of a 9 week challenge ending before thankgiving and break until new years.
    And thank you @bapcarrier for being willing to track this next challenge.
  • jam5660
    Options
    Truth thursday: I can't stand to see food go to waste, so I have a very hard time not finishing the food my kids decided they are no longer hungry for. I have no problems saving it for them for later if at all possible, but anyone with kids knows a left over pb&j kept on the fridge will not be consumed by them the next day!! And if I do eat it I almost never remember to log it!!
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    @jam5660 you need a dog in the house. I never have food leftovers. Nor does my sister if i visit during a mealtime. My two dogs graciously accept all leftovers. And much better for them...then me.

But i know how you feel because sometimes...i do gravitate to my nephews leftovers when dinner was exceptionally yum! Its just hard to resist sometimes.

If you just must eat it...have some sort of quick meal calorie add button on your meal logging...that logs like 100 or 200 calories etc. Then you dont have to remember everything you grazed on.
  • jam5660
    Options
    @cellosmiles I do have a dog, but he is a beloved outside dog. ( he has a very deluxe cusome built, heated dog house, just so I dont have to deal with the hair and smells) and other than random meat scraps and bones he doesn't get many scraps because I worked in an animal shelter for 2 years and was "brain washed" into not feeding dogs table scraps and I am so scared of feeding them something that might be poison to them like chocolate. But that is a great idea about the "100 calorie quick meal" I did that for "tastes" when I'm cooking but only at 25 cal. I am also working on kid portion sizes as well, learning that once they get to about 2, they can tell if they want more and are willing to wait for seconds, " the other half of their serving".
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: TRACY
    Height: 5-2 1/2"
    Start Challenge weight: (7/5) 188
    Goal for this Challenge: 175

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by

Wednesdays)
    July 12: 186.3
    July 19: 182.3
    July 26: 186.6
    Aug 2: 186
    Aug 9: 185.5
    Aug 16: Hospital
    Aug 23: Hospital recovery
    Aug 30: 178
    Sept 6: 175.5
    Sept 13:176.2
    Final weigh Sat., Sept 16th:

Weight +/- this week: +.7
    Weight loss since 07/12: -10.1
    Total for challenge: -11.8

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would

like to achieve this summer:
    1. Minutes exercised/day: 60 (d/wk) FAIL 7/7
    2. No late-nite snacking not prev. Allowed

(d/wk) PASS 5/7
    3. Sodium below 2000mg (d/wk) Meh, 4/7

Tracy
    TX
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    SUMMER HEAT CHALLENGE!

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (July 5): 166.3
    Goal Weight (September 15): 150

1. July 12: 162.6
    2. July 19: 165.0
    3. July 26: 165.0
    4. August 2: 163.8
    5. August 9: 160.0 (happy birthday to me!)
    6. August 16: 162.0
    7. August 23: 160.1
    8. August 30: 158.9
    9. September 6: 159.1
    10. September 13: 157.2

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.3
    Weight -/+ challenge total: - 9.1
    Weight loss so far: - 72.4

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals to achieve:
    1. Drink 8+ glasses of water - sort of ....
    2. Remain at the calorie level 5+days a week and keep carbohydrates max 20% - sort of ....
    3. Workout 4+ times a week and 10K step daily - sort of ....
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    It's too early! My math is terrible and I am sleepy ;)

It's -1.9; not -1.3 ....

Looking forward to our final results this Saturday!!!
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    Friday fitness
    I have really made an effort this week to bring back dog walks. Now that the weather is cooler.
    Me and the dogs are both loving it!

And tonight is our annual Mennonite relief sale. And i am a volunteer at collecting money from the booths. So lots of walking planned all evening!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    No Friday Fitness to report, except normal walking/moving around at home and work. Tomorrow, I will try to take my dog for a walk. I say try because he's a big boy and since I've lost so much strength and stamina, I don't know if I can take him pulling at me whenever we pass other dogs. He's normally fairly well behaved but not so much when other dogs challenge him. But I have to start somewhere and poor Colonel is getting flabby too, so we both need it.
    I'm in for the 9 week challenge ending just before Thanksgiving.
    May I suggest a challenge for over the holidays? I know everyone is busy, and I'm not talking about a weight loss challenge but more of an accountability challenge. It would help me, and I'm sure others, if we make a challenge to ourselves to log at least once per day, and check in on this thread as often as possible. This wouldn't be something anyone could keep track of like with the other challenges, but maybe individually, we could post our results for the week (i.e.: Tracy, logged 6 of 7 days, check in 5 of 7) or something like that. It will help us keep in touch, and might curb our excesses a bit. I know if someone is expecting to hear from me, I'm more likely to show up. And God knows I need every bit of help I can get to curb the excess, especially at work. My Lord, this place is the most fattening place I have EVER worked, a party somewhere every week it seems. Lots of food around. And sedentary as well......
    NSV: I can no longer wear my size 18 pants, unless I'm willing to walk around tugging up the waistband all day. I am trying to clear my closet (small, need room) so I have removed any pants above size 16. Also, I purchased 2 skirts online last year size 18, but when I got them they were way, way too small. Well, I tried one of them on the other day and it fits very nicely, so I will be adding it to my wardrobe this fall. Now, if I can just make myself weed out the old favorite blouses and tees, I might have some room in the closet. Oh, and I have a vacuum packed storage bag full of clothes I haven't worn in at least 2 years, so probably all of that will be going to charity.
    @susan2396 - I don't know if you are still around, but I saw your facebook post today. I'm so proud of you, and we miss you on here.
    Tracy
    TX
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 one of my dogs pulls really hard when i walk too amd i have a tough time hanging on. Otherwise she is just the gentlest thing. So i bought her something called a halty (sorry if its the wrong spelling). But its the most wonderfulest type of dog collar that allows me to walk my dog with so much ease now. Good luck with your walk!