WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Thursday! Gotta make it quick! Got into bed late, so slept in a bit this morning!
    Beth- Yes! Pants to weddings! My sister in law NEVER wears dresses or skirts and she wears the loose flowy pants with a dressy top and beads and looks very chic and cool! I still wear dresses, but I have veiny legs and will sometimes wear a nice dress pant with a flare bottom. Nice top or blazer and I am set.
    Lenora- I no fillings; but I found out that when storms/lightening is close, I will get a very metallic taste in my mouth. Weird, but I take it as a warning to get inside, if I am outside, and that the storm is about to get intense.
    Machka- Love the Tasmania Devil pics. I grew up watching wildlife programs and continue to watch and read about that stuff today. I think the fascination for the animals of Australia is for the simple fact that most of them can't be found any place else (unless in zoos).
    Wendy- I have always been the tortoise when running. A stately, 11 1/2 minute mile. But it always got my heart rate up and made me feel better.

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    She is Gloria Panos Nelson on Facebook. Look up her page and see if I'm reading this right.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Facebook messages make me think that Gloria has passed away. I am waiting for someone to answer my message there.

GOOdness I saw those posts too! Prayers!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a pure strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the deep water class.

In a few I have to leave to volunteer at the Green Room.

machka - thanks so much for the info about the Tasmanian Devil. It was so very interesting. Is this jaw tumor something babies are born with?

Felicia - if we left everything up to Pete and Denise, I'd never see her again. The one and only time he came to our house in the 10 years we've been here was 4 years ago, and that's only because my husband was going in for major heart surgery. I tell you, the mother is going to run the marriage. Also, I think inviting his grandmother and mother to my house is like offering an olive branch, getting us together. Besides....I'm really not crazy about going to PA in December....lol

Sharon - I'm so glad to know that you have support.

Lisa - the wedding is October 27. You know, I'm feeling so much at peace about this situation right now. I just keep saying to myself "it's over and done with and can't be undone" and somehow that is helping me to let this all go. I'm so glad the Contrave is working!

Carol - I, too, hope you are mistaken. I'm not friends with Gloria on facebook either. I just checked and the last time she logged in here was 3 days ago.

Regarding Gloworm: I think Carol might be on the right track. Here's the post on facebook:
    I love you mom with every piece of my heart and soul. You were beyond amazing with the soul of an angel. You were my Mom, dad, bluebird leader, softball score keeper, confidant, teacher and everything in between. I know God has a plan, and that makes the pain somehow a little lighter. I am certain you are celebrating Greek style with grandpa, grandma your brothers, sister and belly dancing with Jill. I will wait for God's plan for me to see you again, so save me a seat and some Ouzo. OPA
    The words "were" "and see you again" lead me to believe Carol's right. So very very sad. There's another post that says "rest peacefully my friend".

Michele in NC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Ah, that does not sound good, about Gloria. Such an amazing person, raising her grandsons. Looked for obits online with her full name, all over Washington State. It can take time to get them up online.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Facebook messages make me think that Gloria has passed away. I am waiting for someone to answer my message there.

I found something - Gloria Nelson, 71, passed away after being struck by a car while walking her dog in Lacey, WA (suburb of Olympia). Happened at 8:20 pm on Sunday.

Is this our Gloria? I just checked FB and didn't see any current posts.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options

Oh nooooo
  • pipcd34
    Options
    It is her. There was a post on FB using her name in in past tense :0(
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about Gloria. I didn't know her long, but she was very kind.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry ladies. My heart goes out to you all.

Rye
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about Gloria. I didn't know her long, but she was very kind.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

I agree ... very sad to hear this.

M in Oz
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options

Oh no!!!! What was said? Please let us know ASAP.

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol Thank you for alerting us about Gloria. I am sick at heart, as I am sure many of you are. I grieve for her grandsons. I wonder what they will do. If anyone finds out about a memorial fund, please post it. I suspect the family will need money for funeral expenses, bills, etc.

Karen in Virginia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh my I'm crying. I feel we have lost a beloved friend. Praying for them all.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Gloria's daughter messaged me back. They think she was walking her dog and it got away. She got hit when she was trying to get it.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I'm posting the link to the story about Gloria being struck by a car: http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article172626801.html

Let's think about what we can do to help.

Karen in Virginia