Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mmompoint8708
    mmompoint8708 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am a mother of five children and I am 30years old. After seeing photos of myself at a family function I have decided that I need to lose some weight. Currently I weight 232.8 lbs and my goal weight by December 30th (which also marks my 31st birthday) is to get to 200 - 210lbs and then ultimately reach a satisfying 170lbs.

I am looking for people in my area to keep motivated, provide suggestion and advice. This is about to be a hard uphill battle but I believe it will be completely worth it!

Also I am in the Peel region. Let me know something about your journey and where you are in it. Let's get healthy together!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi @mmom
    Why don't you post and join our Fall Challenge? I find them very helpful!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Well ... my goals seem to roll over from one Tuesday to the next with not much change ... housework, housework, housework! I need to focus on my homemaking skills as well as my food intake ... and speaking of food intake, I saw a good video from the National Institute on Aging ... it's a US Government site and this is a good video about choosing nutrient dense foods instead of calorie dense foods ... appropriate for us all on here.

https://youtu.be/dfYfwNXgYAQ
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: naomi
    Height: 170cm (soz no idea in ')

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 109.2kg
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 102kg

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 109.7
    2. Sept. 27:
    3. Oct. 4:
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week: +.5
    Total weight -/+ challenge: +.5
    Total overall weight lost: 14.8kg

Omg. I'm so frustrated with myself. Got to keep my bathers in mind lol.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 hey I have always struggle with the house work too and last year in February (the month of great change for me, because I discovered MFP Feb of this year.) Anyway this wonderful blogger at aslobcomesclean.com dana white, or aka noni and I read her blogg from the earliest post to the newest and read her book and listened to her podcasts and it has been life changing!!!! Reality bases cleaning and organizing, she is a self proclaimed slob and does not have natural tendencies toward housework and she shares her journey and discoveries how to over come that and she is funny to boot!!! Anytime I hear someone struggling I love telling them about my beloved Noni!!
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    newjax2017 wrote: »
    Welcome back Linda !
    Thank you :)

• tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    kengholson wrote: »
    I am a new member. I have a question. I am a 57 year old male 6'2" with every health issue you can name. On July 27 I weighed myself at 591.4 pounds. I have put myself on a diet the best way I know how without a wholFrch 15th, 2018. Here's my question, I am now at 548.4 pounds. I've list 43 pounds in seven weeks. My question is, is this to fast? Can it be dangerous to loose to much to fast like I read. Thanks in advance

First off - congratulations for losing weight, for qualifying for the surgery. I use the my fitness pal food tracker to track my food. The nice thing about it, is it is setup to tell you how much protein, fat, calcium, carbohydrates you should be having in a day. But it does rely on the individual to set the # of calories you want to consume. I'm no expert, but it seems your doctors would be able to give you a calorie/day goal??? And I would think they would guide you in terms of the right pace to lose weight. I am sorry that I don't have a better answer for you. But welcome aboard! Looking forward to the journey with you!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Niki
    Height: 62.5 inches

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 234.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 229.9

1. Sept. 20: 235.2
    2. Sept. 27:
    3. Oct. 4:
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: +0.8
    Total weight -/+ this challenge:+0.8
    Total overall weight lost so far: -42.8

Wednesday Wish ... that I hadn't eaten a snack late last night cause now my weight is up this morning ... and on weigh in day yet. Here's wishing for a good loss to report after a full week into this challenge. Still, it is a pound down from last Wednesday so I just need to buckle down.

Thanks @jam5660 ... I'll look her up. One of my issues with housework is that I can only stand up still for a very short period of time before my legs go numb because of a nerve impingement in my back/hip joints ... and so stuff tends to pile up around me. Another issue with it is that I am now at that stage in life that if it's not in my sight then it's out of mind so I'm always surprised when I enter a room and remember I forgot to clear something up before I left it!
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Linda
    Height: 5ft 2ins

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 294lbs
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 276lbs

1. Sept. 20: 291.5
    2. Sept. 27:
    3. Oct. 4:
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.5lbs
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -2.5lbs
    Total overall weight lost so far: 30.5lbs

Good start, only because I have come off my "break" and stopping stuffing my face with chocolate after dinner. What's with that? I can usually stick to my calories until I have cleared up after my evening meal, then it all goes to "kitten", as seems to be the saying on MFP.

Also, I have knuckled down to lots of small chores outside and gardening, so more exercise - and still gearing myself up for that dreaded decorating. It means sorting out my pile of brushes, rollers, old paint etc to see what I need to buy, plan how to move the furniture about in my small flat so I can actually work...and use the stepladders. Hate that last bit most of all! Needs must though.

Anyone know why the MFP mobile app lets you record half pounds lost or gained, but in the web version, it's rounded up to the last whole pound? Eg, today I am 291.5lb, but on the web version it insists on 292! So annoying, those 8ozs count, "kitten" it! :D As an ex system admin/web nerd, it really annoys me.

Good luck for this week, everyone!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 210 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 209.6
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 199.6

1. Sept. 20: 207.2
    2. Sept. 27:
    3. Oct. 4:
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.4
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: +2.4
    Total overall weight lost so far since 1/12/17: 50.8

Hopefully, I'm back on track! Now to restart my exercises on a more regular basis and get that water consumption back where it should be. It's amazing how a change in routine can upset your normal habits. Well actually maybe they haven't become habits yet if I could lose them so quickly! I have to work on making drinking more water and exercising, as well as controlling my calorie intake, a habit that comes naturally whatever the circumstances. Then I know this will really be a life style change and the start to a healthier me!! :)
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @pneschich great to hear from you. I'm sorry for all you and your family are going thru with clean up and loss after Harvey. Thankfully, it sounds like you are all safe. I'm sad that the challenges have caused you to lose some interest in the thread, they are helpful to many of us. Did you have a chance to read some of the back posts? There is a new poster (can't think of his name right now) who is also on the journey for surgery, you might be able to give him some insights. It sounds like you need to regroup and start taking a little better care of yourself, i.e. dehydration and eating slower!! You have worked so long and hard to get where you are, now TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! Yes, you're being hollered at by your friends on MFP LOL but only in a concerned and caring way. :smile: We missed you, keep us updated, please.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Sept 16th): 249.2
    Goal Weight (Nov 18th): 239.9

1. Sept 20: 249
    2. Sept 27:
    3. Oct 4:
    4. Oct 11:
    5. Oct 18:
    6. Oct 25:
    7. Nov 1:
    8. Nov 8:
    9. Nov 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov 18:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.2
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -0.2
    Total overall weight loss: -36.8

I am very happy this week didn't show a gain! I fully expected as much. I am still reeling trying to get back on track since Irma blew through town. I haven't been shopping yet because we weren't sure if Maria was going to stop by too. So, many meals have been, um, quick and convenient (translate: fast food!)

Every Wednesday when I close my food diary and MFP gives me my predicted weight in 5 weeks time, I go out 5 weeks and record that prediction in my Food Notes. Looking at that "Note" for today, I am about 10 pounds MORE than what that prediction was 5 weeks ago. A bit depressing! :( But, I can't dwell on that! I have to move forward, nay DOWNward!!

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!

45398632.png
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6ft

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 182.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 180 to 185 (goal is to MAINTAIN!

Barb, my goal now is to maintain, not loose. So no need to include my (daily!) fluctuations - I don't want to scew the group's overall stats. But I'm happy to join you all in this challenge as it's really helpful to me and keeps me accountable.

Good luck, All!

1. Sept. 20: 182.2
    2. Sept. 27:
    3. Oct. 4:
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight -/+ this challenge:

Total overall weight lost so far: 120+ lbs since 4/4/16. Maintaining since June 2017.

@psenich - I've been thinking of you and your family, wondering how you're all doing. Sounds like everyone is at least relatively ok, even if majorly rattled. So glad to hear it! The cleanup will take time, but WILL happen...

Personally, I've been finding the challenges helpful despite being in "maintenance." I make it my own personal challenge, and the weekly group postings keep me accountable to something outside of myself. Whatever works, right? Sending best wishes, B.
  • jam5660
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @pneschich glad you checked in too! I've been thinking about you, not sure where you were but had a worry you may be in TX. My brother is a Marine in the Houston area and is reporting the same as you. Praying for relief from the mess! And yes, please take care of yourself, you can't do if you're not around to do it!
  • jam5660
    Options
    @Nikion901 I understand the physical challenges you are dealing with and that is why I love "Noni", it's all about finding ways to work with what you can do, whether you have physical limitation, work full time, stay at home, chronic illnesses, ect. And she has names for the forgetting "time passage awareness disorder" and "slob vision" both totally made up but describes what goes on in our brains and life that makes that happen and how we can combat it. My SIL has lupus and other chronic and physical limitations that make it very difficult for her but she has found a lot of help with noni as well! Hope it can help you too but I sooo understand everyone is different and can't always do the same things. Good luck to you! And I too had a late night snack and am robbing peter this morning to pay paul!!
  • jam5660
    Options
    Wednesday wish: that I had found MFP sooner instead of the fad diets and things to complicated for me to stick too. Some being: WW, cabbage soup diet, slim fast, not eating, pills, pills, pills, major food group eliminating, low carb. But I love MFP because it's easy to just start, and learn as you go. Then using knowledge, dedication and time weight loss does happen!!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: LaDana
    Height: 5' 2"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th):271
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 260

1. Sept. 20: 270
    2. Sept. 27:
    3. Oct. 4: