THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09

Options

Replies

• FletcherChic
    Options
    hey team! happy friday!!!!...well since i am not a "weigher" i am going to try to stuff my booty into an old pair of jeans...i'll let you know how it goes (that is if i don't pass out from the exhaustion of trying to get them past my knees :grumble: )...

cmr (aka "mystery lady", team captain, january girl - my goodness you have many names!) how are you feeling? are you over your stomach bug? i hope you're better and hopefully you're gearing up for a great weekend!!! :flowerforyou:

have a super weekend to THE team!!! woo woo woo
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Losingit - Thank you soooooo much - I printed out your routine - I'm totally gonna give it a try! I don't have access to a pool, but I'm calling around this afternoon to find one! I love to swim - so it would be a great exercise for me!! Thanks for sharing - you're da best!:flowerforyou:

And welcome morgolas- we're glad to have you! Your wife's a pretty smart cookie! A healthy low-fat kind of cookie.:bigsmile: My hubby's doing this with me too - it's makes it sooo awesome when we have a partner at home to get healthy with!!!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    didn't get you all but on my way out of town

Getfit-nice working out. Honestly, it amazes me how much endurance I have now.

Agapita- (I use to use agapetos-it meant beloved, so is yours love?) 1 lb less is something to celebrate!

Mandersen16- dang. Glad your looking at the bright side.

Marykay3-welcome. One day at a time.

Chantybear-do tell….how was the aqua class?

Wolfena-look forward to hearing your Saturday WI

Smontoya1-great surprise; great work.

Lulubar- you go girl! Way to work it.

Morgolis-Welcome!!!!

Loseitforgood-Awesome loss!

Fletcherchick- I like your progress method…the nonscale type. I hope it proves successful today in your britches.
  • andersonchristineg
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

Start Weight (1/28/09): 146 pounds
    Today 2/6/09: 136.6

9.4 freaking pounds down in 1.5 weeks? Hell yeah. Course I think I was retaining some major water weight from bad food and a visit from Aunt Flo when I weighed last. That's almost half my goal! But I know it will be slower here on out.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

9.4 freaking pounds down in 1.5 weeks? Hell yeah. Course I think I was retaining some major water weight from bad food and a visit from Aunt Flo when I weighed last. That's almost half my goal! But I know it will be slower here on out.

Holy Moly! Good for you! Yeah, don't get discouraged if it slows down. I figure that the week of Aunt Flo will be my "big" drop, too. That's about the only thing she's good for! :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

Holy Moly! Good for you! Yeah, don't get discouraged if it slows down. I figure that the week of Aunt Flo will be my "big" drop, too. That's about the only thing she's good for! :laugh:

Um, I hit post reply too quickly and then hit it again. Sorry!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

I'm feeling some serious jealousy rising in my throat :laugh:

Congratulation! :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    ~andersonchristineg WHOA NELLIE. You win so far! Woohoo-Dance.gif
    ~wanning ~get_fit2009 ~zano ~agapita1965 ~prayerfulmom ~markay3 ~smontoya ~Li4g & morgolis ~ and anyone I missed................ - Congrats on your losses! Impressive!
    I’m all better, thanks – had a gr8 day yesterday and got semi-caught-up with errands.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Welcome newbies!
    ~morgolis – Welcome! Li4g is a little worker-bee, huh? Zano will be glad for a little testosterone around here. Don’t mind chantybear and Kelleighanne: they like to start their posts with, “Hi Ladies or Morning Ladies.” They mean well. ::laugh::
    ~markay3 – Welcome to THE Team. 35 pounds lost already! You’ve been working. Good for you! I’ll message you.

Under my ticker, I have a link to the most popular helpful links we found last year. So many people have the same questions, so I stuck them together. It is a sticky thread in "General" too.

cmr - and YES I edit every post. :grumble:
    Fletcherchic - oh my gosh, I just tried to get into my "skinny suit" and I'm pretty sure I can log that as about 15 minutes of extreme aerobic activity!!:laugh: I was gonna take a pic of myself in that skinny suit and post the "before" in my profile - so I can compare later. But honest to goodness, I was laughing sooo hard and looked so incredibly HORRIBLE that I just could NOT get the courage to snap the pic - but it was good for a great laugh!!!:blushing:

How did your "fitting" go??
  • lulubar
    Options
    Thanks cm! I love to be the bomb! I'm soooo glad you're feeling all better!!

andersonchristine:noway: :noway: :noway: Sweeeeeeet! Good for you getting all those heavy nasty toxins out of your system! I dropped six my first week, slower going since then - but your all young and energetic:wink: so keep up what your doing and it will definately pay off for you!

I LOVE T.H.E. Team - you are all big WINNERS!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi again,

Take a look at what these members do. I think they each add their stats and then copy/paste the entire updated list on to their post on their thread. Then they have running totals.

If anyone wants to do that, start with your stats, and invite others to "add on". Then you can update when you want. Some of you expressed an interest in Running Totals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39178-sixers-love-yourself-challenge-week-5
  • chantybear
    Options
    My aqua fit class was different! It was good, but the water has never been my friend:noway:! I went on the elliptical for 25mins after that, and I feel so tired now! I am not going to weigh in this week or right now, because I did a weigh in and measurements on Tuesday, and the scale said the same thing today. Some how I think all the calories I burnt are going to be taken away with light beer tonight, have to reward yourself sometimes eh?:laugh:

I wish I lost 9 pounds this week!:smile: Good job Christine, and everyone else!!!!!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Hi again,

Take a look at what these members do. I think they each add their stats and then copy/paste the entire updated list on to their post on their thread. Then they have running totals.

If anyone wants to do that, start with your stats, and invite others to "add on". Then you can update when you want. Some of you expressed an interest in Running Totals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39178-sixers-love-yourself-challenge-week-5

cm - you just are so on top of it!! i really like this idea:happy: So I'll start - and anybody that wants to can add on. Post starting weight "sw", goal weight "gw", current weight "cw" and progress....:drinker:

lulu - sw205/gw145/cw197/progress -8 lbs.
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey T.H.E. (The Hot Elite) Team.

My weightloss for the week is 4 lbs and in the last 12 days I am down 12lbs. The first week was awesome and Im trying to stay motivated. You guys are great. Kudos to andersonchristineg for the major weighloss, I know it was difficult. For the rest of you, this support group is to help us all and we will ALL get to our goals.:drinker: Just let us help motivate you.:flowerforyou:

My finaly goal is to be at 150 by September. Not October, not December, not 2015.

Lulubar you are too funny. Love what you said about the skinny suit and I agree. I wore some one-size-fits-all leggings today and they must have lied on the tag cause (I) wasn't staying in them. I had them stupid things rolling all down my tush all day at work. :angry: :laugh:

Goooo T.H.E. Team

SW 257
    CW 245
    GW 150

Week One weightloss is 4 lbs!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Great job renayeb!!! You are rockin'!!!!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

lulu - SW205/GW145/CW197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
  • chantybear
    Options
    lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    I"m going to wait and post my weight loss (gain) tomorrow... I'm just hoping that it's lower LOL

andersonchristineg~ OMG! 9 pounds!!!! That's excellent. What are you doing?

My problem is that I should cook healthier, I just don't know how. I cook the cheap "southern" way and sometimes (ok most of the time) it's not the best. So I stay within my calorie requirements, but not in my 'healthy' requirements. kwim?

Congratulations on all the weight loss this week, team! That's awesome!
  • cmriverside
    Options

nice!

Kelleighanne: go to Recipes here on the boards. Just eat all whole foods - from the perimeter of your grocery store. Keep it simple. Don't cut fat completely. Eat lowfat dairy. Nothing from a box (well, cereal - but I've even switched to Steel-Cut Oats)

renayeb :laugh: I love the leggings story.
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5

I am looking forward to the day the CW matches the GW. :smile:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options

nice!

Kelleighanne: go to Recipes here on the boards. Just eat all whole foods - from the perimeter of your grocery store. Keep it simple. Don't cut fat completely. Eat lowfat dairy. Nothing from a box (well, cereal - but I've even switched to Steel-Cut Oats)

renayeb :laugh: I love the leggings story.

Thanks. I ate pizza tonight. not very nurtitional, but I didn't go but 35 over my goal for the day (which I plan on working off anyway.)