The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• jwallo73
    jwallo73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    44, how the heck did that happen!!!! Well, I feel like this is a good place to make a decision on how I want to spend the next half of my life, enjoying food, or enjoying being alive and active. Feel free to add me
  • tgail10
    tgail10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've turned a corner in my life, and I want to take care of myself better than I have. Lots of fun people on here. I plan to be on everyday and get serious. Add me if you want!!
  • Fit_B4_Forty
    Fit_B4_Forty Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I just turned 38. My goal is to be in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 40 :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    jwallo73 wrote: »
    ... I feel like this is a good place to make a decision on how I want to spend the next half of my life, enjoying food, or enjoying being alive and active.....

With some planning, you can enjoy both!

• chattyabbey80
    chattyabbey80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    37 here...starting over, target to lose 20 kgs in a years time. looking for encouragement and advice. Started running 1 month ago but joined this app last week.started runnign 2kms a day and now running 4+ a day 4 days a week
  • ToriMalt
    ToriMalt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In my 30's and starting over again running! Add me!
  • rileycat1971
    rileycat1971 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    45 ... almost 46. Dealing with PCOS, insulin resistance, and smack dab in the middle of being the sandwich generation -- I am a wife, mother, stepmother, daughter and data scientist all in one. Looking forward to meeting you!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Just here to say thanks for not including 30 year olds in your definition of middle aged. :)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I must say, I think some (most) of y'all must be fibbin' cause none of y'all look to be late 30s and 40's. Y'all have to share y'alls secrets. And ain't nay one of y'all claiming to be forty look past y'alls mid 30's at the most.

I agree! I'm on the upper end of this "middle-age" group, and alot of these folks look the same age as my kids! Maybe I need an "over the hill" group instead! :D
  • pinysmile3736
    pinysmile3736 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, add me
  • TheMayze
    TheMayze Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey all 42 and working at it!! Please add and let’s do this
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I must say, I think some (most) of y'all must be fibbin' cause none of y'all look to be late 30s and 40's. Y'all have to share y'alls secrets. And ain't nay one of y'all claiming to be forty look past y'alls mid 30's at the most.

• Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    47 here! I guess 50 is the new 30!?!? Getting back into shape really does make you feel younger. Add me if you’d like I’m serious about losing 40 lbs, lost 5.6 lbs so far, slow but steady wins the race!!
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Im 39, want to be in the best shape i can for 40, add me please
  • SwissDave
    SwissDave Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been using MFP on and off for 6 years now, I've just turned 50.
    I started here to help with losing some belly fat and to track my protein intake as I had started weight training.
    I work hard at the gym and I have become stronger and fitter than I have ever been, lost a fair bit of fat and grew a little muscle, I thought 40 was over the hill when I was in my 20s, now I know different.
    Over the next few months I want to lose a little belly chub from the summer holiday, I have an open diary, and I plan to log every day 'till Christmas, like minded friends wanted.
  • Melanie79SO
    Melanie79SO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and have been on here almost two years. I've lost 66lbs and am focusing on maintaining and toning. I enjoy hiking and running. Feel free to add me!
  • lettucebug
    lettucebug Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    36 going on 37 soon, looking to get support as I kick my butt into high gear =D
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Options
    I'll be rolling up on 43 in April... :/:/:/