New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's been 3 years since Braum's has been mentioned on mfp, so I believe this will be a revelation. Yesterday we were traveling and stopped for lunch at a Braum's in Bowie, TX. Braum's are very proud of their new shake milk, providing 24 grams of protein in their shakes.

Braum's was mentioned recently in a thread copied below about the best fries. Wish we had this near me so I could try their food/drinks.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10594122/what-restaurant-do-you-feel-has-the-worlds-best-fries-poll/p1
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried Starbucks' maple pecan latte. All I tasted was steamed milk, espresso, and only a faint note of something sweet. Nothing about it reminded me of maple or pecan. Very big disappointment and waste of over $5 and 340 calories... I could have used that on another caramel macchiato halo top pint! Next time my priorities will be in the right place.
    e0wo8hw2088z.jpg
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried Starbucks' maple pecan latte. All I tasted was steamed milk, espresso, and only a faint note of something sweet. Nothing about it reminded me of maple or pecan. Very big disappointment and waste of over $5 and 340 calories... I could have used that on another caramel macchiato halo top pint! Next time my priorities will be in the right place.
    e0wo8hw2088z.jpg

i just finished one and thought the same thing - so boring!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    IHOP'S NEW PANCAKES ARE SO DELICIOUS I don't normally care for their plain buttermilk pancakes so I was worried the salted caramel wouldn't have enough flavor but both turned out INCREDIBLE and sosososo satisfying. Today is national pancake day and Friday is national coffee day so I guess I can get them twice this week and have a good excuse. If you like coffee (or even Texas Roadhouse's cinnamon butter which the coffee butter sort of tasted like) or brownie batter run to IHOP and get these ASAP
    gt79cgaslc10.jpg
    o06o0c73xtla.jpg

Tried the espresso ones this morning,absolutely amazing! Thanks for the post or I'd have never known about them
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Stonyfield Organic double cream fruit on the bottom yogurts. Pretty tasty.
    977lbn481wza.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Tried Halo Top's Candy Bar Pint and to my complete surprise I don't like it as much as I thought I would!
    I liked it A LOT don't get me wrong, but when I go to the store I'm still sticking to my favorites: sea salt caramel, cookies & cream, caramel macchiato, lemon, vanilla, and cookie dough.
    Here's what I thought on Candy Bar:
    Pros-I was expecting Snickers, therefore, when I tasted more peanut butter than I tasted in the chocolate peanut butter flavor they sell I was VERY pleasantly surprised! The chocolate swirl was also unexpected and delicious, and pint was very sweet. Definitely a nostalgic flavor that will remind you of leftover Halloween Candy or a McFlurry; this is the perfect pint for those going through PMS where you're craving everything at once and want it all at the same time.
    Cons-Not a fan of the base being milk chocolate, I would have enjoyed it more had it been white or dark chocolate. I also don't care for nuts at all so the fact that this pint had plenty of nuts was a deal breaker and is pretty much the only reason I'm sticking to Halo Top's other flavors unless I get a craving for this one again. Everyone was saying this is like nougat and I didn't taste any nougat, I was really hoping for a chunk of it somewhere!
    I would love to see Halo Top do an Almond Joy flavor or Butterfinger ;) Would also like to see this chocolate swirl amplified and added to the Strawberry for maybe a cute Valentine's special edition flavor!
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Tried Halo Top's Candy Bar Pint and to my complete surprise I don't like it as much as I thought I would!
    I liked it A LOT don't get me wrong, but when I go to the store I'm still sticking to my favorites: sea salt caramel, cookies & cream, caramel macchiato, lemon, vanilla, and cookie dough.
    Pros-I was expecting Snickers, therefore, when I tasted more peanut butter than I tasted in the chocolate peanut butter flavor they sell I was VERY pleasantly surprised! The chocolate swirl was also unexpected and delicious, and pint was very sweet. Definitely a nostalgic flavor that will remind you of leftover Halloween Candy or a McFlurry; this is the perfect pint for those going through PMS where you're craving everything at once and want it all at the same time.
    Cons-Not a fan of the base being milk chocolate, I would have enjoyed it more had it been white or dark chocolate. I also don't care for nuts at all so the fact that this pint had plenty of nuts was a deal breaker and is pretty much the only reason I'm sticking to Halo Top's other flavors unless I get a craving for this one again. Everyone was saying this is like nougat and I didn't taste any nougat, I was really hoping for a chunk of it somewhere!
    I would love to see Halo Top do an Almond Joy flavor or Butterfinger ;) Would also like to see this chocolate swirl amplified and added to the Strawberry for maybe a cute Valentine's special edition flavor!
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

@hgycta Candy Bar could definitely be improved! The chocolate swirl is a great addition, but agree that it is lacking something... Maybe a stronger caramel swirl or caramel flavor?
  • hgycta
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

@hgycta Candy Bar could definitely be improved! The chocolate swirl is a great addition, but agree that it is lacking something... Maybe a stronger caramel swirl or caramel flavor?

I'll never say no to more caramel, but it could be saltier (and I don't mean that just to make it like salted caramel)! My favorite candy bar is Take 5, so maybe my brain was trying too hard to interpret this as being that but the missing piece was the pretzels? Either way, it's still a phenomenal flavor! Just wish it had a darker cocoa base to it because I looooove the contrast of bitter/sweet in desserts ^-^ Tomorrow will definitely be the cinnamon bun flavor so I can't wait, but it's going to take a lot of willpower not to eat the caramel macchiato instead :')
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

I'll never say no to more caramel, but it could be saltier (and I don't mean that just to make it like salted caramel)! My favorite candy bar is Take 5, so maybe my brain was trying too hard to interpret this as being that but the missing piece was the pretzels? Either way, it's still a phenomenal flavor! Just wish it had a darker cocoa base to it because I looooove the contrast of bitter/sweet in desserts ^-^ Tomorrow will definitely be the cinnamon bun flavor so I can't wait, but it's going to take a lot of willpower not to eat the caramel macchiato instead :')

@hgycta my favorite candy bar is 1,000 Grand bar so I feel you on the salty factor! Cinnamon Roll doesn't disappoint :)
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Here are some I enjoy but of course not daily and always in moderation:
    Halo top ice cream (240-360 calories for the pint) is a high protein low calories all natural ingredients.
    Quest protein cheddar chips (140 calories per bag)
    Fiber one chocolate chip granola bar (140 calories per bar)
    Chobani Flips (190-250 calories) I love key lime and another good one is mint chip
    Kodiac Power Cakes flapjack/pancake mix (one serving 190 calories for 53 grams-makes about 2 nice sized yummy pancakes)

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

Butterfinger would be awesome, it is my all time favorite candy bar. Halo top upsets my stomach, but if they made a butterfinger it would be worth it LOL.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ok Candy Bar was the only flavor I was considering trying after the waffle pancake fiasco, so I'm just going to save my money now. Thanks for the review!
  • pancakerunner
    edited October 2017
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

Butterfinger would be awesome, it is my all time favorite candy bar. Halo top upsets my stomach, but if they made a butterfinger it would be worth it LOL.

Probably the only person who likes Heath Bars, but this would be an A+ flavor haha

ALSO I take it back: my FAVORITE candy bar is the Nut Goodie Bar! May just be a Midwest thing...
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Probably the only person who likes Heath Bars, but this would be an A+ flavor haha

ALSO I take it back: my FAVORITE candy bar is the Nut Goodie Bar! May just be a Midwest thing...

I love Heath bars and I would be all over a Halo Top or Enlightened version of coffee toffee!
  • hgycta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

My mom LOVES Heath bars, they're her favorite! I've never heard of a nut goodie though o:

I tried the Cinnamon Roll flavor just now. I love it, but I love cinnamon and I can definitely see where some people might not like this flavor since it's VERY heavy on the cinnamon and has a more noticeable sugar alcohol taste to it. My only complaints are that the dough pieces aren't a little bigger and there's no swirl of cinnamon roll icing anywhere. It beats Enlightened's Snickerdoodle flavor since theirs lacks any mix-ins, and I would definitely get this again! Not my favorite but it grows quickly on you ;) If the dough pieces were crunchy and not soft I'd swear this was Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavor, @katadx you said you wanted a cereal flavor, did you try this one yet?
    41ev7556a4ok.jpg
    jenn_zimm wrote: »

I love Heath bars and I would be all over a Halo Top or Enlightened version of coffee toffee!

YES! If toffee was added to Halo Top's caramel macchiato flavor I would be in HEAVEN.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

My mom LOVES Heath bars, they're her favorite! I've never heard of a nut goodie though o:

I tried the Cinnamon Roll flavor just now. I love it, but I love cinnamon and I can definitely see where some people might not like this flavor since it's VERY heavy on the cinnamon and has a more noticeable sugar alcohol taste to it. My only complaints are that the dough pieces aren't a little bigger and there's no swirl of cinnamon roll icing anywhere. It beats Enlightened's Snickerdoodle flavor since theirs lacks any mix-ins, and I would definitely get this again! Not my favorite but it grows quickly on you ;) If the dough pieces were crunchy and not soft I'd swear this was Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavor, @katadx you said you wanted a cereal flavor, did you try this one yet?
    41ev7556a4ok.jpg

YES! If toffee was added to Halo Top's caramel macchiato flavor I would be in HEAVEN.

@hgycta

http://pearsonscandy.com/candy/nut-goodie

b3an3tbipn2l.gif
  • hgycta
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

41ev7556a4ok.jpg

@hgycta

b3an3tbipn2l.gif

I've never seen that a day in my life! Maryland must be missing something good!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

41ev7556a4ok.jpg

@hgycta

b3an3tbipn2l.gif

I've never seen that a day in my life! Maryland must be missing something good!

It's a maple nougat covered in chocolate and peanuts. SO GOOD. There's also a sea salt caramel variety...
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    We routinely have tastings at work and I got to taste the new bottled Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and the Salted Caramel Mocha today. I liked the Salted Caramel Mocha the most.

5xl73hx7ha66.jpgifxupsjwb28g.jpg