Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member

About 400 calories worth of popcorn. It will fill a mixing bowl, and it will be all mine.
    I adore popcorn! When I'm grumpy and don't feel like cooking I will eat a crapton of popcorn with some real butter and YUMMM.

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I pop my own 1/3cup in the microwave pretty much every night and top with nutritional yest as I watch an hour of tv before bed.

Do you use anytjing to get tje nutritional yeast to stick? Mine always ends up at the bottom of tje bowl.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    It wasn't as fancy as what @maisiba pulled off (or nearly as pretty) but a huge supper for 400 cals. One whole roasted cauliflower, one half roasted spaghetti squash, 100g roasted mushrooms and 200g chopped tomatoes. A dash of balsamic and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. Phew, I'm stuffed.
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    maisiba wrote: »

** Potato fiber is awesome. I initially bought them as fiber supplement as I had trouble meeting my goals for a while but couldn't really find any use for it until I "discovered" using it like this and I just LOVE it. As someone who loves potatoes I find it makes certain veggies taste awesome and it has great macros and is easy to use. A lot of low-carb people use it for baking bread but I don't do that so I needed to find other uses. Potato fiber is what remains when you extract most of the starch and water from potatoes and then grind it. They contain nothing but potatoes; no additives. Macros for 100g are: Calories: 193 kcal (809 KJ), Fat: < 0.1g, Carbs: 8g (Sugar: < 0.1g, Fiber 65g), Protein: 9g

I seem to suck at googling. Can you provide a link to potato fiber please? I just get answers on how much fiber in a potato....
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    miratps wrote: »
    maisiba wrote: »

** Potato fiber is awesome. I initially bought them as fiber supplement as I had trouble meeting my goals for a while but couldn't really find any use for it until I "discovered" using it like this and I just LOVE it. As someone who loves potatoes I find it makes certain veggies taste awesome and it has great macros and is easy to use. A lot of low-carb people use it for baking bread but I don't do that so I needed to find other uses. Potato fiber is what remains when you extract most of the starch and water from potatoes and then grind it. They contain nothing but potatoes; no additives. Macros for 100g are: Calories: 193 kcal (809 KJ), Fat: < 0.1g, Carbs: 8g (Sugar: < 0.1g, Fiber 65g), Protein: 9g

I seem to suck at googling. Can you provide a link to potato fiber please? I just get answers on how much fiber in a potato....

I get mine here but I assume you're in the US so that unfortunately won't really help you. They only ship to European countries.

Potato fiber is probably most popular in Scandinavia from what I get and they seem too have one fairly popular brand: Semper Pofiber. I would look around in low-carb shops for them - you might get either that brand imported or perhaps they have a different supplier. Searching for pofiber might also help as it's often used as substitute. Most likely you will find them at shops which have a lot of low-carb substitute flour - perhaps others from the US here can give tips for good online shops for this type of stuff. Sorry, I don't have a direct US link for you.

Side-note: Speaking of fibers and great ingredients I can also recommend cacao fibers. It's the grinded skin of the cacao beans which has about 1/3 less calories than cacao powder and much better macros with basically the same taste (perhaps a little bit less intense). 100g of cacao fibers have 258 kcal (1081 KJ) with 7.82 g fat (of which are 4.5g saturated), 2.5 g carbs (of which are less than 0.5 g sugar), 59 g fiber and 17.3 g protein. I substitute cacoa powder in most recipes with them.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I forgot to take a photo but lunch yesterday was a substantial bowl: some corn, broccoli, kale and a serving of egg whites all quick cooked off on the stove, add to a bed of butter lettuce with some Bolthouse balsamic, cup of minute rice, small can of tuna. Suuuper filling 414 cals, 60c - 6f - 28p.
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2017
    deleted my second reply because the first one didn't show up until 90 minutes later
  • widgit808
    widgit808 wrote: »
    I pop my own 1/3cup in the microwave pretty much every night and top with nutritional yest as I watch an hour of tv before bed.

Do you use anytjing to get tje nutritional yeast to stick? Mine always ends up at the bottom of tje bowl.

Yes.

Popcorn kernel goes into mounth, fingers are wet, dip in the bottom of the bowl, lick fingers clean, repeat :)

Lol, thats the technique i'm already using
  • widgit808
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I put a little hot sauce on my popcorn. Nooch sticks to it. Someone once said it is the doritos of popcorn. Truly is.

Ohhh...I like that idea....thx!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I put a little hot sauce on my popcorn. Nooch sticks to it. Someone once said it is the doritos of popcorn. Truly is.

Ohhh...I like that idea....thx!

Yep, like Cholula w/ lemon...so good
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    1vlcg0rb4cv0.jpg
    Best breakfast ever. Protein fluff ice cream (combo of salted caramel and cinnamon crunch) topped with one toasted Van's protein waffle, 50g sliced banana and one tbs of Cary's sugar free maple syrup. With a strong black coffee. I'm off to work!

This looks AMAZING
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I dunno what happened to my post. Sorry if this has already been discussed on here......I usually just lurk on here, but I was wondering if you can please post the recipe you used to make this fluff
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I dunno what happened to my post. Sorry if this has already been discussed on here......I usually just lurk on here, but I was wondering if you can please post the recipe you used to make this fluff

I'm still eating this nearly every day it's so darn good......

1.Cover blades of food processor with ice and run until you have snow
    2. Add 1/2 scoop salted caramel and 1/2 scoop cinnamon crunch, squirt Splenda, squirt vanilla extract.
    3. Add 4oz unsweet almond milk and mix until consistency of soft serve
    3. topped with one toasted Van's protein waffle, 100g sliced banana and Smuckers sugar free syrup
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Lunch of the week. Tip: when roasting veggies for meal prep, slightly undercook them so they are perfect after heating in the microwave:
    200g butternut
    200g zucchini
    200g bell peppers (yellow, red, orange)
    100g eggplant

Could add broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower or whatever you like to mix it up

I roast 4 days worth on Sunday, pack in large ziplock bowls then add a different protein every day. Today was spicy roasted chickpeas. Next few days might be black beans, salmon or shrimp.

Follow with an apple and Dannon yogurt. Big, colorful and filling meal for under 500 cals.

Those measurements are for one serving, yes?
  • IsMeliFitYet
    IsMeliFitYet Posts: 10 Member
    I love this post... exactly what I came to the boards looking for. I don't have anything to add, but thanks for posting lol