**!!** TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH -- AUGUST CHALLENGE WK 1 **!!

Options

Replies

• faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    100 push ups kicked their butt even with a pulled shoulder muscle
    under calories and over ten glasses of water
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh - that's better!!! Thanks to those of you who posted already!!!

Now only missing 10 reports.

Does anyone know of someone that wanted to be in on this that may have gone ahead and completed the jumping jacks and met all the other quals for today? LOL! We have one person that was real involved the first day - and then disappeared. :sad:

I know I'm asking for a lot - I just hate for our team to lose out on points!!

Here are the rest of the challenges for the week!

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*

I have seen a couple of posts from people that are moving things around... This has been cleared by Gary6030... as long as you complete all 6 extra exercise challenges - they are not worried about what day this week you do them! Obviously - you need to let me know still.

So - here is the link for the up/down exercise in case anyone wants to switch days...

It is the VERY FIRST THING the guy does... from like 1:45 to 2:00 (on the timer). OHHHH MY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks done.
    9 cups of water
    And under calorie goal.

This was all right? On to walk/jog 1 mile EXTRA! :)
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    100 Jumping Jacks completed!
    Under calorie goal
    16 cups of water!

sorry so late.. small crisis at home!
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....
    Did all 100 jumping jacks last night over and above my Julian Wii disc..
    Had 3.75liter water .. Was under my calorie in take.
    Feeling good.. Slept like the dead..

Hope you all are doing well and keeping up with the positive work..
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The Ups and Downs really isn't as scary as he makes it look in that link! You put your hands on the ground, pop your feet back so you're in plank, jump your feet back to your hands, and then stand up and repeat. You don't have to do it as fast as him......and it will still kick your booty!!!
    Let's kick the crap out of August 2nd! I'll be doing Shred with Weights and a mile jog this evening!! Come'on Team WAW - LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    I'm a first-time mommy wanting to lose additional weight in order to be healthier and live longer to enjoy life with my handsome husband and my beautiful daughter!

I live in DC metro area and I work for one of the military services. I enjoy exercising and I do it very often at work and at home. I am doing my own Jenny Craig diet.

I can't wait to reach my goal of losing 40 lb. I'm halfway there, though.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Day 1 (01Aug11)
    JJ: 200
    Water: 70 Oz
    Under calories.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am an early riser, trying to modify my sleep habits, go to bed when it gets dark and get up when it gets light. So far I have had 2 good nights sleep in a row.....

today: I know I will be under my calories, as I simply can not consume the volume of food needed to get in 1300 cal. Last year at this time, I would be "b ing" that I needed more food!

Exercise: One mile run to get hot and sweaty followed by 1 hour of water aerobics to stretch out and cool off.

Does fluid other than water count to water goal?

Hope everyone is withering a weigh this second day of the August challenge.....

Tonight is my walking club so will log another 2-3 miles, but pace is slow so we can gab, and the folks that are pre surgery can ask questions and walk at the same time. We usually have about 10-20 walkers so it is fun to finally be one of the thinner ones.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We wanted you to have this. You're doing a great job please enjoy!

MWRGift-1.gif
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Funny you should giving me a piece of Godiva chocolate. I am going to the Mall of America this afternoon and there is a Godiva store. I belong to the Godiva chocolate club and each month get a free piece of Godiva of my choice at the store. So thank you for the gift. A piece of the darkest chocolate they have will be consumed in Weapons of Mass Distruction's honor, and I will telapathically transfer all the calories to each one of your team members so they can realize the force you all are dealing with.
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    that looks good. Ur soooo mean!! I can resist!!!RESIST!!!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Don't MAKE me drop kick you Gary!!!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    1 mile walked....

Still will be doing my Zumba tonight - and once that is done I can mark today's exercise challenge as complete.

How is everyone else doing???

ARE YOU KICKING THE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST????

I have to say - I am VERY impressed with you all so far! Thanks so much for participating. Don't let things get you down. If something bugs you or if you need extra support and you feel you aren't getting it - let me know!! I try to catch everyone's updates and comment - but I may not get them all. I want to help however I can!!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Bounre - LiveLaughLose:heart: - MissWangle - pugs4eyes - ShannGall....

I need at least one thing from your reports for yesterday. Please post them here so that I have it all in one place.

MissWangle - I need to know about your jumping jacks!

Everyone else - I need to know everything! Did you do the jumping jacks? Did you stay under your calorie goal? Did you drink all 8 cups of water?

Thank you!!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    Water 10 + glasses under calorie goal

I am getting ready to strap my two yr old on in the ergo and go for a walk :)
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Walked 1 mile kicking the crap out of August the whole way!!
    Drank 10 cups of water.....and i'm not done yet!!
    I havent completed my diary yet, but I will not go over!! Consider me under calories!!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    I figured out the pic woot. Ok off to walk
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Water finished & 1.25 miles on treadmill.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Water - 100+oz

Cals - under net

Did 4 miles of intervals, about to do Shred too!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    walked a mile carrying My 25 pound two year old :sick: