Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In:

I think this is my first time! I'm normally working on Monday's. I don't have access to any technology while at work. So, this is nice. I had a good weekend, but, I made horrible food choices yesterday while at work. I normally have it under control at work but we had a special event that I participated in. A little too much. lol
    Today is a new day! I woke up and went for a walk before I even made coffee.

I am also at 1200 calories. I have my settings set to losing -2 lbs a week. I normally can eat more if I need to because of daily activity levels. I'm 5'8" ish ...

@anneshields001 I understand using weather as an excuse. The heat does make it difficult and unmotivating. But, it feels great once it's done!

@tdunnegan hope your back gets better soon. Having back issues is definitely no fun and really gets in the way of life. I'm also dealing with a grown son moving back home and the stresses that come with it. Hope it gets sorted soon.

@happygirlxxx Congrats on the downsizing! Woohoo! Oh, and those food photos ... omg. I'm drooling over here. The Suspiro Limena looks AMAZING. Right up my alley!

@birgitkwood My husband and I love to travel. We are shopping for a travel trailer and a new truck to pull it. I can't wait for the RV show!

@Nikion901 Have fun with your "Walking Project". That sounds like a fun goal to have.

@karenleona We all have days like that. Tomorrow will be a new day, hope it will be a better one for you.

@b_lisieux I also love ice cream. I used to eat it almost every night for my nightly snack. I have since replaced it with a fruit smoothie or Halo Top "ice cream". I just need something sweet to end my day. What ice cream are you eating?
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @ lydiapassthe...I had been eating Halo Top but found it a bit icy/gritty, not sure how to describe it other than not creamy. It was a mouth feel thing but the calorie count was great. I've recently been using Edy's Slow Churned which is more calories but is exactly "texture-wise" like full fat ice cream. The flavor I love is the Slow Churned double chocolate chip cookie dough, but it's a limited edition. It's 130 calories per 1/2 cup so even though it is more than Halo Top, to me it's fabulous and creamy. My new Margie-ism is that I won't eat anything anymore unless I am enjoying it so I've given up on Halo Top and thoroughly love every bit of the Edy's.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    @ lydiapassthe...I had been eating Halo Top but found it a bit icy/gritty, not sure how to describe it other than not creamy.

Some of the flavors are like that. I found a few of them to be really good (much nicer texture) once you let them sit on the counter for about 5 minutes and then dig in.

Nothing can replace the real thing though. :smiley:

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    @jenjen65jr ... glad you found our thread, hope you stop back again, often. I'm certain we have posters who no longer need to loose 100 pounds, but the majority of us did at one time, or still do. I'm down about 50, but still have that much to go to just be 'overweight' ... LOL!

@lydiapassthedonuts and @b_lisieux ... your talk of ice cream gave me such a desire to eat some. Actually, I've been wanting ice cream for several weeks but won't buy it ... So I whizzed together some yogurt and a small frozen banana and am now enjoying something that tastes remarkably like ice cream! Thanks!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 Sorry to have made you want that nasty stuff (LOL). I've put frozen strawberries and frozen banana in my food processor already and make it super fine and smooth and it was yummy. I've never tried using yogurt but that should be good too! Thanks for the idea!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    So far so good today. Not going to eat after my allotted time to I can make it on my post it note in my phone!!
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    After a very tough weekend, the last two days have been going well again. I wasn't feeling 100% from Friday - Sunday and couldn't really get myself to log my food intake. Luckily, the scale didn't show a gain, so that's good enough for me.

A little bit about myself: I'm Dutch, living in Denmark, but I've also lived in the UK and the US (Ohio). I have tried WeightWatchers before, but after the last time they changed their system it no longer worked for me and it was becoming an obsession. I'm now working with a dietician and learning a lot more about food than just eating fewer calories. This way, I not only eat fewer calories, but I also eat the right kind of calories. Anyway I need to lose a total of 120 lbs, but setting smaller goals, because otherwise it just seems hopeless.

I have my own company, so that sometimes can give a bit of stress. Especially with all my network meetings, which tend to include food and very inconsistent eating hours. However, I'm trying to book my meetings, so that they work with my new eating schedule.

Anyway, I enjoy reading all your stories and definitely like the inspiration, even though I don't always have the time to respond.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals ... Have a lot on my plate today because, as is typical ... when did I get so slow at performing tasks? Today is Sr Discount Day at the grocery I mostly shop at so I need to straighten out the fridge and adjust my shopping list before I go. Also on the radar for today is cutting the lawn in the back yard ... I did the front lawn yesterday and as we're supposed to have rain later in the day this needs to be done as soon as the dew dries off the grass leaves. It's also a cooking day today.

@ihp2015 - It wasn't until I changed my attitude about food that I was able to start losing weight. Now it's all about food as medicine and fuel instead of gratification. My favorite WW format was the one they had back in the mid-1970's ... you didn't count calories, but you had to eat certain foods x number of times a week/mo. It was basically seafood 5 times a week, a lot of vegetables, meat boiled/stewed/broiled but not fried, and once a month us women-o-a-certain-age had to have liver. I looked forward to my monthly liver with spinach and tomato; and still occasionally make it for myself to this day.

@b_lisieux ... if you process yogurt it will turn watery so you will need to put it in the freezer to set up.

@karenleona ... glad today is better for you.
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So odd...i posted a long monday truth yesterday and it isnt in here. Lol well no use rewriting my thoughts...today is a new day.

tuesday goals:
    - stay up at 6 glasses of water or more (last week i had dwindled down to 3-4)
    - keep eating a good amount of veggies each day
    - dont let my stomach win over my brain...binge eating is not good!

Also i have been walking the dogs either on lunch break or after work about 2 km in 30 min or so. I want to stay motivated to continue doing this at least about 3-4 times per week....until it gets too dark to do so.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:
    Take a deep breath and reset myself four times a day..
    Make healthy choices at night when I get home
    Swim one morning this week before work (my after work routine is not happening... need to shift)
    Praise myself for each success

ihp2015 - I have family in Denmark - on the Mainland.

lydiapassthedonuts/nikion - I'm gonna try that yogurt/fruit combo too. Ice cream is a serious weakness for me. Thanks for the idea! and the freezer note!

karenleona - Ready your so far so good today post... and first thought I had was, wonder what time it is? 7AM? Hee hee!!!

jenjen65 - Welcome and congrats on the weight loss! Come here with success and challenges... it helps keep focused and there are great ideas too.

b-lesieux - Don't eat it if you don't like it.... I like that. It is worth it to hang out in the food aisle and compare foods and sample different choices. 100 calories cut from a daily snack adds up big time over a week!!

• jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Got the house back in order yesterday!! But I have been completely mentally wrappend up in my nephew's life these past 2 weeks. He is wrapping up therapy with one provider and changing to another so I feel I'm missing tons of time because I'm having to process so much and plan what's best for him and deal with the backlash when what that is differs from what the other parental figure wants. So all that to say I'm not logging great this week and haven't been able to catch up or respond to any posts. I will be back, fully focused soon, just a few more days!!
  • Phiori45
    Phiori45 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In:my goal is to stay consistent with my workouts and meals. Meal Prep for the week on Sundays and workout at least 5 days a week.

Week 1, Day 2: Back, Butt and Abs.
    So far so good. I've been keeping within my calorie range, eating right and avoiding temptation. Of course the time I start eating better, everyone offers me bad stuff, smh. Gym was good, did a 45 minute workout but missed the squats cause the machines were taken :( Overall a successful day.
  • ihp2015
    Options
    @tdunnegan: I live about 45 minutes drive south of Copenhagen, and have lived here since 2012.
  • ihp2015
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Irene
    Height: 5' 8"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 12th): 278.9
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 250

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 276
    2. Sept. 27: 273.6
    3. Oct. 4: 271.4
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.2
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -7.5

Total weight loss so far - since sept 6, 2017 - 10.8 LBS

Although I didn't log all my food during the weekend (wasn't feeling too great), I still managed a nice weight loss for the week.

Yesterday I decided to go visit my parents at the end of November (they live in Malta), so I have a new incentive to lose some more weight over the next few weeks ;)B)
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish!

I wish I would not undo all my hard work during the week when the weekend comes >:) ... its like I take a step forward, two back :/

I need to re - focus because right now I am just going in circles and not moving forward much. Some months back I had set some mini goals for the remainder of the weight loss and now I think I am behind and wont meet them :o I know I will lose the weight eventually, but a bit later than expected ... my goals were / are as follow:

1. Lose 88lbs / 40kgs by October 2017- my weight would be 141.6. I think maybe I will be like a size 8/10
    2. Lose 100lbs / 45kgs by December 2017 - my weight would be 129.6. Size might be about a 6/8
    3. Lose 110lbs / 50kgs by February 2018 - my weight would be 119.6. Size might be about 4/6
    4. Lose 120lbs / 55kgs by April 2018 - my weight would be 109.6. Size might be about 2/4

# 1 for sure I wont meet within this month because I am like 12lbs behind .... but I hope to reach it in November because my dad is coming to visit so would be nice to have lost a bit additional weight. He has not seen me in a year anyway, so for him its the same but mentally sounds nice to say I lost 40kgs (88lbs).

What do you do during the weekend to keep you from messing up? :D
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What is going on with MFP!! I just posted a whole thing and it vanished!

I don't feel like writing it back again :/ but my Wednesday wished were to not mess up during the weekend all my hard work of the week :#
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I know I binged for 5 days... I take full responsibility, but is it really possible to gain 6 pounds in a week? I certainly don't ever lose that quickly .
    On a positive note, yesterday I ate slightly better than the previous 4 , and today I plan to be slightly better yet :)
    I will post later .
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 4.5"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 210.8
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th):  LESS

1. Sept. 20: 209.4
    2. Sept. 27: 207.4
    3. Oct. 4: 207.4
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total overall weight lost so far: 47.6

Wednesday wish: that I had been able to do better these last few day to stay at my low point of 205 and have a great loss to show.

Plan: nothing going on today (that I can remember)and I should go to the gym and get back into routine but I am taking a mental health day (as much as I can as a stay at home mom) to rest my brain so I am mentally prepare for a very stressful meeting tomorrow. I'm Going to eat light, healthy foods and drink a lot of water and rest, rest, rest.

Looking forward to seeing everyones weigh ins, good luck everyone!!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 209.6
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 199.6

1. Sept. 20: 207.2
    2. Sept. 27: 204.8
    3. Oct. 4: 204.4
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -.4
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -5.2
    Total overall weight lost so far: -53.6

Excited to see another loss, even if it's not a lot. I'm still going in the right direction. From the middle of July to the middle of September I seesawed up and down, up and down, even though there were outside influences affecting me (vacation and hurricane) it still got me down. After all, there's always going to be some kind of outside influence as none of us live in a bubble. I need to learn how to incorporate my good habits into all phases of my life, not just when times are easy. I know a lot of you on this journey have so many things to deal with besides the weight, i.e. illness, family stress, job stress and other things. I am amazed at how well you all handle your different situations and still work on losing weight! I give us all a lot of credit for what we are achieving. Keep up the good work everyone!