New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried Halo Top's Candy Bar Pint and to my complete surprise I don't like it as much as I thought I would!
    I liked it A LOT don't get me wrong, but when I go to the store I'm still sticking to my favorites: sea salt caramel, cookies & cream, caramel macchiato, lemon, vanilla, and cookie dough.
    Here's what I thought on Candy Bar:
    Pros-I was expecting Snickers, therefore, when I tasted more peanut butter than I tasted in the chocolate peanut butter flavor they sell I was VERY pleasantly surprised! The chocolate swirl was also unexpected and delicious, and pint was very sweet. Definitely a nostalgic flavor that will remind you of leftover Halloween Candy or a McFlurry; this is the perfect pint for those going through PMS where you're craving everything at once and want it all at the same time.
    Cons-Not a fan of the base being milk chocolate, I would have enjoyed it more had it been white or dark chocolate. I also don't care for nuts at all so the fact that this pint had plenty of nuts was a deal breaker and is pretty much the only reason I'm sticking to Halo Top's other flavors unless I get a craving for this one again. Everyone was saying this is like nougat and I didn't taste any nougat, I was really hoping for a chunk of it somewhere!
    I would love to see Halo Top do an Almond Joy flavor or Butterfinger ;) Would also like to see this chocolate swirl amplified and added to the Strawberry for maybe a cute Valentine's special edition flavor!
    axrbyl0jv2xd.jpg

Butterfinger would be awesome, it is my all time favorite candy bar. Halo top upsets my stomach, but if they made a butterfinger it would be worth it LOL.

Probably the only person who likes Heath Bars, but this would be an A+ flavor haha

ALSO I take it back: my FAVORITE candy bar is the Nut Goodie Bar! May just be a Midwest thing...

Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch was one of two flavors I lived off of (back in the day).
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Butterfinger candy pop

@Noreenmarie1234 :p
    Now that looks tasty.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

OH MY GOSH I NEED THIS
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I know Buff Bake cookies have been out for a while, but I just tried the Chocolate Donut flavor for the first time. Has anyone else here tried this one already? If not, get it. It's by far their best one - especially microwaved! It has chocolate chips inside of the rich chocolate base with a nice, crunchy icing to top it all off. Perfect PMS breakfast/snack right here.
    i9bo7p4c6g73.jpg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...I love Heath Bars. Like more than I probably should. Toffee stuff in general, like Almond Roca (OMG), is my favorite. But when I hear Maple Nut Goodies, I think of these:

81het3MXSFL._SY450_.jpg

I...may need to make a trip to the store at lunch.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I know Buff Bake cookies have been out for a while, but I just tried the Chocolate Donut flavor for the first time. Has anyone else here tried this one already? If not, get it. It's by far their best one - especially microwaved! It has chocolate chips inside of the rich chocolate base with a nice, crunchy icing to top it all off. Perfect PMS breakfast/snack right here.
    i9bo7p4c6g73.jpg

I just tried my first buff bake cookie, snickerdoodle and it was ok, but I didn't think to microwave it! I'm going to try that tonight! I haven't seen the donut one yet around.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

OH MY GOSH I NEED THIS

It sounds amazing.... I love choc/caramel popcorn!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried cinnamon oat Kodiak pancakes and they are my new favourite. Although a serving is 1/3 cup instead of 1/2 so it was quite a bit smaller than regular.

Where are they in a grocery store? I've been looking for them.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I was reading my advertising textbook and it mentioned "KoolStuf Oreo Toaster Pastries." I had no idea what this was, but it sounded good so I googled images and found this. Was this actually a thing that existed? Does it still exist anywhere? I need this ASAP.
    ho1jqbaqbpdo.png
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was reading my advertising textbook and it mentioned "KoolStuf Oreo Toaster Pastries." I had no idea what this was, but it sounded good so I googled images and found this. Was this actually a thing that existed? Does it still exist anywhere? I need this ASAP.
    ho1jqbaqbpdo.png

I hate to say it but it was a very very cruel April Fool's joke last year. This was the reply from Toaster Strudel on Facebook:

Toaster Strudel - Unfortunately, this flavor is not available. It was posted by a fan on April Fool's Day. Sorry to disappoint!
    5 · April 8, 2016 at 8:53am
  • hgycta
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    ho1jqbaqbpdo.png

I hate to say it but it was a very very cruel April Fool's joke last year. This was the reply from Toaster Strudel on Facebook:

Toaster Strudel - Unfortunately, this flavor is not available. It was posted by a fan on April Fool's Day. Sorry to disappoint!

NOOOOOOOO! They should DEFINITELY create that flavor I don't know a single soul who wouldn't buy it!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    ho1jqbaqbpdo.png

NOOOOOOOO! They should DEFINITELY create that flavor I don't know a single soul who wouldn't buy it!

They should have jumped at hiring the fan for their research and development department cuz...yeah...!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    i9bo7p4c6g73.jpg

Didn't even know that flavor existed! I like buff bake way better than any other brand. Lower calories, better tasting imo.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Stole this from Junk Banter's instagram, it was spotted at Target. I'll probably feel compelled to try it and regret wasting my money on it when Halo Top's and Enlightened's versions taste a lot better. I'm surprised Breyer's website doesn't say anything about it. I wonder what other flavors they have hiding out there! If there's a cotton candy flavor I'll take back everything bad I've spoken about them and become brand loyal like no one has ever seen. I really want it that badly. It's a problem.
    zbuusa6vexg9.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Stole this from Junk Banter's instagram, it was spotted at Target. I'll probably feel compelled to try it and regret wasting my money on it when Halo Top's and Enlightened's versions taste a lot better. I'm surprised Breyer's website doesn't say anything about it. I wonder what other flavors they have hiding out there! If there's a cotton candy flavor I'll take back everything bad I've spoken about them and become brand loyal like no one has ever seen. I really want it that badly. It's a problem.
    zbuusa6vexg9.png

I might try that. The ones I tried didn't have that annoying aftertaste that HT and Enlightened have.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    2bassets wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried cinnamon oat Kodiak pancakes and they are my new favourite. Although a serving is 1/3 cup instead of 1/2 so it was quite a bit smaller than regular.

Where are they in a grocery store? I've been looking for them.

I got them at Meijer store right next to peanut butter and jam section. I think there are other pancake mixes there like Aunt Jemima.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in utter amazement right now. Halo Top's Chocolate Covered Banana pint is actually my favorite out of all their new flavors (well, I still have rainbow swirl to try)! The caramel macchiato was FANTASTIC and a close second, but this one is a lot better than I expected! Normally I'm not a big fan of banana flavored products, but this tastes like Banana Split flavored Dippin Dots (my favorite by them)! I'm glad I waited until tomorrow to go back to Shoprite, I thought I was pushing my luck by getting two but I guess I didn't push it far enough I'm obsessed! 10/10. I always loved when the Dippin Dots started to melt a little and clump together on the spoon, so as this got even softer I made the connection immediately. @pancakerunner I can't believe you didn't push this flavor harder! They could've called it banana pudding, banana split, whatever they want, it's phenomenal and there isn't a single thing I would change. I'm so glad my favorite ended up being one of their lower calorie pints, too! I really don't taste any erythritol or stevia in this, it's one of their most well-balanced pints, another plus.
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

Also, I had this weird urge today to put these cotton candy pop rocks (34 calories) I had sitting on hand in my white hot chocolate (80 calories). I love the flavor of pop rocks, but not the actual pop (I know that defeats the purpose). Surprisingly, it didn't explode when I mixed it. It's really good! Solid cotton candy flavored hot chocolate for only 114 calories!
    p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

YES. Personally I love this flavor but it is always hard telling what people's tastes are... I love it mixed with the Strawberry. Is that weird? Totally feel the banana split vibes.
  • hgycta
    Options
    OK, I'm in utter amazement right now. Halo Top's Chocolate Covered Banana pint is actually my favorite out of all their new flavors (well, I still have rainbow swirl to try)! The caramel macchiato was FANTASTIC and a close second, but this one is a lot better than I expected! Normally I'm not a big fan of banana flavored products, but this tastes like Banana Split flavored Dippin Dots (my favorite by them)! I'm glad I waited until tomorrow to go back to Shoprite, I thought I was pushing my luck by getting two but I guess I didn't push it far enough I'm obsessed! 10/10. I always loved when the Dippin Dots started to melt a little and clump together on the spoon, so as this got even softer I made the connection immediately. @pancakerunner I can't believe you didn't push this flavor harder! They could've called it banana pudding, banana split, whatever they want, it's phenomenal and there isn't a single thing I would change. I'm so glad my favorite ended up being one of their lower calorie pints, too! I really don't taste any erythritol or stevia in this, it's one of their most well-balanced pints, another plus.
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

Also, I had this weird urge today to put these cotton candy pop rocks (34 calories) I had sitting on hand in my white hot chocolate (80 calories). I love the flavor of pop rocks, but not the actual pop (I know that defeats the purpose). Surprisingly, it didn't explode when I mixed it. It's really good! Solid cotton candy flavored hot chocolate for only 114 calories!
    p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

YES. Personally I love this flavor but it is always hard telling what people's tastes are... I love it mixed with the Strawberry. Is that weird? Totally feel the banana split vibes.

I swear my brain made me taste strawberry because everything else about it was like Banana Split! Even the creaminess reminded me of whipped cream haha I can't imagine how it's possible for anyone not to like this flavor, I really wish I would have tried it sooner! It's so weird how it's always the flavors you don't expect to like that wind up driving you crazy!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

I swear my brain made me taste strawberry because everything else about it was like Banana Split! Even the creaminess reminded me of whipped cream haha I can't imagine how it's possible for anyone not to like this flavor, I really wish I would have tried it sooner! It's so weird how it's always the flavors you don't expect to like that wind up driving you crazy!

Random but I think HT needs a bubblegum flavor... haha. And I agree about the flavors that catch you by surprise. Could just be the placebo effect!