What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Bra folks - I feel you. I haven't seen my lap since I was 15 and every shirt has a stain right on the boobs. Once I'm to my real final size and have maintained for a while I will be getting a reduction. But, for the bras that fit in the cup but not in the band if you need just a few inches there are extenders for a few dollars at places like Target. They are in white, tan, black and in two hook and three hook. I'll try to get a link. I'm guessing craft stores would have them too.

My problem is the opposite. Most plus size brands I used to wear reliably not longer fit because they don't carry smaller bands, and I'm not even talking about an unusually small band size. I started having problems with some models when I went down to 36 (from 48), and now that I'm between 34 and 36 every single model I liked doesn't have that band size. Most of them start at 38 and up, at least the ones I know that are reasonably priced. I haven't worn a bra that fits properly in so long I don't even know what my cup size is now (The last bra that fit reliably used to be 36 J and I'm currently wearing a 36 DDD because it's stretchy enough, it's very comfortable for the price though, here it is for those interested). What narrows the selection further is that I rarely wear a wired bra because I spend a lot of time in bed and it's uncomfortable and breaks easily.

If only I can find one model that is comfortable and fits I'll be very happy because that would be it for a long time since I believe I have reached my final band size and I won't be going any lower.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited October 2017
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    That swimming gets harder, not easier. Because I don't flippin' well float anymore.

Yeah, I had to learn to swim again. I was always good at swimming, and loved it. I rarely go these days as it's so hard (and the cost is rather prohibitive as well).

• EmPersson
    EmPersson Posts: 768 Member
    Chiming in on the bra convo - I have found Panache to be great. You can get them from Amazon, some boutiques, herroom.com, and many other places. They have several options for my small band size with large cup (32FF), and are very supportive. Not sure about issues with underwire - perhaps talk with a doctor? When my mom had chemo for breast cancer the doctor was able to recommend a few good brands without underwire for her.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Bra folks - I feel you. I haven't seen my lap since I was 15 and every shirt has a stain right on the boobs. Once I'm to my real final size and have maintained for a while I will be getting a reduction. But, for the bras that fit in the cup but not in the band if you need just a few inches there are extenders for a few dollars at places like Target. They are in white, tan, black and in two hook and three hook. I'll try to get a link. I'm guessing craft stores would have them too.

If only I can find one model that is comfortable and fits I'll be very happy because that would be it for a long time since I believe I have reached my final band size and I won't be going any lower.

http://www.brasizecalculator.tk

This website has helped me find a more accurate suggested size, which then helped me find a better fitting bra. It recommends U.K. sizing which seems to be finer tuned, if that makes sense. I've had good success ordering from Bare Necessities online, which carries several U.K. sized lines of bras and has a great search engine for narrowing down what you are looking for.

Good luck!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2017
    aeloine wrote: »
    That you hate buying cute clothes.... because you know you won't be able to keep them!

Or clothes in general!

I found some cute shorts on clearance at Walmart last week, I wanted to buy them, but even for Texas short season is pretty much over. By next year those shorts are going to be WAY too big, and I can't buy shorts now for next year, because I have no idea what size I'll be! A friend gave me a big bag of clothes that are in my size (I thought they'd be too small, but most of them fit), and while they aren't really my style, they fit and are free. I'll wear them anyway, because that's a whole bunch of money I don't have to spend.
    Most plus size brands I used to wear reliably not longer fit because they don't carry smaller bands, and I'm not even talking about an unusually small band size. I started having problems with some models when I went down to 36 (from 48), and now that I'm between 34 and 36 every single model I liked doesn't have that band size.

This is my fear. I have large breasts as I've said, very long and skinny - and sadly saggy as well. So I suspect that while I'll probably shrink several cup sizes, I may well shrink into an equally difficult size to find. I would love to shrink into a reasonable size, but I was a DD when I was a teenager before I gained so much weight (I was overweight even then, but not a whole lot), I've always had large breasts. My grandmother was the same way. I because of their length/narrowness/overall squishyness I can fit into a DDD cup without spillage, or discomfort, but they look better/better supported in a cup that fits.

I'm hesitant to get a boob reduction when I lose the weight, because that is expensive, I don't have a lot of back pain, and I don't need to impress anyone, my husband likes me the way I am now.

I'll just have to wait and see how my body changes over the next 100ish pounds.

Why is it so hard to buy bras? You can buy custom pants, you can take other clothes to tailors, but no one is really offering custom bras to your measurements, especially in plus sizes. I think I have seen one bra maker on Facebook claim to do custom sizes, but I can't remember who they are, and of course they don't have a wide range of sizes either. If most women wear the wrong size bras, why aren't they making more sizes?

And why don't women's pants have pockets yet?

I know that according to upper management, the reason most Catherines brand pants don't have pockets is because they are too cheap to add them to their already expensive pants. I worked there for two years, and every quarter we added "customers want pockets" to the survey they sent us, because we lost sales over that, and so our district manager asked a higher up manager at a meeting. They answered that adding pockets would cost $5 more per pair of pants, so they don't add them.

Sheesh, so increase your prices by $5, you've got a captive audience, women will pay it. They WANT pockets. You know how many times I actually made a sale when the pants DID have pockets? A lot.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    That you hate buying cute clothes.... because you know you won't be able to keep them!

SAME ugh
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    On the bra topic your cup size can go up. I have gone from a 38c to a 34D probably should be a 34dd.
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    The dark patch on inner thighs gradually disappears. Also helps when you wear pants more regularly.

My nails grow slower. I must admit they were growing at a rather fast pace compared to my friends, but now it's definitely slower.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!