What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    tomteboda wrote: »
    No one tells you that if you're tall and more slender it's REALLY REALLY REALLLY REALLY hard to find clothes that fit. Like, insanely hard. My local stores have stopped carrying tall pants in any regular sizes (4-16) whatsoever. There's a petites section for short women. There's a juniors section for short women. While the womens' section is also for short women, you can make up for some of the lack of length by going up in size. But not so much in the regular department.

I wear a size 6 L now, and I really need that extra length.. but criminy heck is it hard to find.

I didn't look - are you from MN? I've lived around the country but only in MN have I heard "criminy heck". :)
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    timtam163 wrote: »
    skymningen wrote: »
    Nobody told me that it can be harder to find fitting dresses which flatter your waist if you are a short and skinny but relatively blessed in the bust area. It worked better when I was not annoyed that the dresses matching my bust don't flatter my waist.

Nobody told me I'd no longer be blessed in the bust area... :(

Yep i went down a cup. Boohoo
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2017
    jesslla wrote: »
    Nobody told me that it can be harder to find fitting dresses which flatter your waist if you are a short and skinny but relatively blessed in the bust area. It worked better when I was not annoyed that the dresses matching my bust don't flatter my waist.

I'm really hoping for that to happen to me! I'm a 46HH UK sizing, because US sizing just didn't go up that big really. It's very hard to find bras that fit right. I'm usually wearing bras that are technically too small in the cups because I break the underwire ones too quickly. :'(

I'd love to have small breasts when I'm done, I could actually buy cute bras.

You might size into a size that has cute styles. I still wear UK bras because I came to prefer them, and even in FF cups, I can find some pretty bras. I wear either a 30 FF or a 32 F. I started out in a in a 38K.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member

I'm really hoping for that to happen to me! I'm a 46HH UK sizing, because US sizing just didn't go up that big really. It's very hard to find bras that fit right. I'm usually wearing bras that are technically too small in the cups because I break the underwire ones too quickly. :'(

You might size into a size that has cute styles. I still wear UK bras because I came to prefer them, and even in FF cups, I can find some pretty bras. I wear either a 30 FF or a 32 F. I started out in a in a 38K.

That's fine too. I know as my band size goes down I'll be more likely to find cute bras. There aren't as many women with my size breasts and ribs as there are smaller sizes, so I get why styles are limited. Still sucks. As does paying $60 for a bra only to have the wire pop out two months later.

I'll also be happy to size down into a point where I can get sports bras. Even if the cups are too small, right now I haven't found *any* sports bras in a 46 band, even online in the plus size sections. I think the highest one seen is a 42 or 44.

I don't need one for support, the most I do is walk right now when my knee lets me, but underwires are just not comfortable all the time and the sweat means I have to wash them more often.

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

That's fine too. I know as my band size goes down I'll be more likely to find cute bras. There aren't as many women with my size breasts and ribs as there are smaller sizes, so I get why styles are limited. Still sucks. As does paying $60 for a bra only to have the wire pop out two months later.

I'll also be happy to size down into a point where I can get sports bras. Even if the cups are too small, right now I haven't found *any* sports bras in a 46 band, even online in the plus size sections. I think the highest one seen is a 42 or 44.

I don't need one for support, the most I do is walk right now when my knee lets me, but underwires are just not comfortable all the time and the sweat means I have to wash them more often.

Try this link. I got several sports bras that I loved. Their sizes go up to 50G.

http://www.justmysize.com/shop/justmysize/plus-size-intimates/bra-styles/sizes-f-to-k/glamorise-no-bounce-cami-bra-21811?fromSearchResult=true&cm_vc=justmysize_desktop_OnsiteSearch
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member

Try this link. I got several sports bras that I loved. Their sizes go up to 50G.

http://www.justmysize.com/shop/justmysize/plus-size-intimates/bra-styles/sizes-f-to-k/glamorise-no-bounce-cami-bra-21811?fromSearchResult=true&cm_vc=justmysize_desktop_OnsiteSearch

And they are cheap! Thank you so much! I'll be ordering some soon.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

Ugh.. I got excited thinking I finally found a wire free bra I could buy. I didn't know it would be much harder to find bras once the band size goes down. Most of my usual plus size brands don't carry my band size. I'm having to make do with cup sizes that are way too small but stretchy enough to work. What makes it worse is that I don't know of any place that reliably carries my size so I'm always having to order online with international shipping and whatnot, so returns are not an option (I would be paying more in shipping than the tag price itself and no guarantee it would arrive within the return period)
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    Bra folks - I feel you. I haven't seen my lap since I was 15 and every shirt has a stain right on the boobs. Once I'm to my real final size and have maintained for a while I will be getting a reduction. But, for the bras that fit in the cup but not in the band if you need just a few inches there are extenders for a few dollars at places like Target. They are in white, tan, black and in two hook and three hook. I'll try to get a link. I'm guessing craft stores would have them too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!