What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @crazyravr _Your egg salad looks good. What's in it, if you don't mind?

1 leek, white part only, cut in half then finely diced, blanched and dryed.
    2 hard boiled eggs chopped up
    1 medium sized pickle diced
    half a stalk of celery finely sliced
    3 tbsp of my cottage cheese mayo or real mayo
    3 tbsp chopped cilantro
    salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together.

Yum.
    is cottage cheese mayo just cottage cheese blended up? I haven't thought of this possibility until now. I really am not a mayo person and an always looking for an alternative binder.
  • FutureShawn0058
    FutureShawn0058 Posts: 14 Member
    I feel like I just cracked the worlds greatest secret by combining sweet potatoes and eggs. Apparently I’m a little late on recognizing the combination........I could eat this every day!zzz6wftdhmqh.jpeg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    @smccardle58 - l love sweet potatoes and eggs. Try making sweet potato hash be shredding your sweet potatoes with a cheese grater or food processor. I add in peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, eggplant...basically any left over veggies I have on hand. Then top with fried eggs. I also love to season with smoked paprika. So yummy!
  • FutureShawn0058
    FutureShawn0058 Posts: 14 Member
    @lporter229 I will definitely have to season with paprika next time. I always use sea salt and cinnamon on my sweet potatoes and it’s just starting to get boring. Thanks!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 wrote: »
    @crazyravr _Your egg salad looks good. What's in it, if you don't mind?

1 leek, white part only, cut in half then finely diced, blanched and dryed.
    2 hard boiled eggs chopped up
    1 medium sized pickle diced
    half a stalk of celery finely sliced
    3 tbsp of my cottage cheese mayo or real mayo
    3 tbsp chopped cilantro
    salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together.

Yum.
    is cottage cheese mayo just cottage cheese blended up? I haven't thought of this possibility until now. I really am not a mayo person and an always looking for an alternative binder.

Place 250g cottage cheese, one hard boiled egg, pinch of salt and pepper, 1tsp mustard, 1/2tps lemon juice and let it rip for few minutes until the mixture warms up. Place in the fridge and it will set just like mayo. I myself love it.

Thank you I will defiantly try it.
  • lporter229
    @lporter229 I will definitely have to season with paprika next time. I always use sea salt and cinnamon on my sweet potatoes and it’s just starting to get boring. Thanks!

Smoked paprika adds a whole new dimension. I get it at Penzey's spices. If they don't have a store near you, you can order it from their website. I love all of their products, but this particular spice has seriously changed my cooking.

mw62ka48747k.jpg
  • raymax4

Smoked paprika adds a whole new dimension. I get it at Penzey's spices. If they don't have a store near you, you can order it from their website. I love all of their products, but this particular spice has seriously changed my cooking.

mw62ka48747k.jpg

Thats really good stuff. I get Spanish smoked paprika in the bulk ben at Central market It really is a wonderful addition to the spice rack.
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    uFPQOgl.jpg
    xDOSzJO.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    n9whoh7rwqr9.jpg
    pfua3gs75lzm.jpg
    xat45nsy74d4.jpg
    jivu1v3vyafh.jpg
    78isxjy42iuj.jpg
    3zqkczjyi3x0.jpg
    n3cw9itcc4t0.jpg
    4lcprirqoddh.jpg
    cwocwu6t8m9b.jpg

• JL2513
    u7j77212rxm6.jpg
    pom5vhgljpfl.jpg
    qihzpuyo76o6.jpg
    r0yfzwv4tst5.jpg
    o0nf4prhhi81.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    5444ubqae0z6.jpg
    Yumm ham salad..
  • JL2513
    Finally ate all the cake jars :)
    bs4axzuma735.jpg
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Meal prepped lunches for the week like a MoFo!!! :)

You're the best kind of bad *kitten*!!! :smiley:
  • lporter229
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Feeling on the simple side tonight: slow cooker "french lentil soup" and homemade, no-knead "french-ish" bread.

Why "french lentil"? Well, besides the fact that the recipe writer calls it that, it's basically just lentils with mirepoix, flavored with herbs de provence. no curry, dal, tomatoes, etc. i used chicken stock, but veggies could use a veg stock for a vegan treat. partially pureed with my immersion blend to retain some chunkiness, it's pretty hearty. the bread shape is boule-style, baked in a cast-iron skillet.

looks delicious. Especially the bread.
  • JL2513
    qxax0iglvpbm.jpg
    vwei2jyqy4zc.jpg
    uel2uoykrlp3.jpg
    bi313bbc9bnu.jpg
    mpwzaa0rnixe.jpg
    xz16xlbw6yjw.jpg
  • JL2513
    qr4cn789yhgx.jpg
    uc9oi0pgc8bs.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Baked stuffed eggplant boats (chicken sausage and mushrooms). Glad a busy pre-Holidays weekend left some room in my daily macros for this treat. Family enjoyed, also.

eb02hsbembiy.jpg
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    uh1q9hhhx87k.png
    I made cilantro lime chicken and homemade corn tortillas. It was so tasty I kept going back for more.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Oat 'n Buckwheat Porridge with Cranberries. Steel cut oats and buckwheat groats; about 2:1. Don't care much for buckwheat alone but seems to improve the oats.
    9e660jdjagyp.jpg
    My pictures stink. Trying to get better at that.