Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today on my new journey to loose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. I am going to make for myself because I deserve it I wish all of you lots of luck!!!!!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

A new week is starting and I am already on my countdown to my trip to the US; I will strop briefly by house to check how everything is going and before that in San Francisco for about a week. My husband has to work, so I will be mostly on my own but hope to get a good amount of steps done by sightseeing and shopping ;)

I started my day by creating a menu for this week; I hardly do that, but I think organizing my self a bit will help me keep my daily calories within the limit and hopefully more weight will come off :) Lets see if I can stick to it!

@NewTnme good luck with your journey! 20lbs by Thanksgiving is a big goal to achieve, but if you organize yourself and are strict with your diet and exercise you can totally achieve it!

@tdunnegan Happy 24th anniversary!!

@cellosmiles how cute your dogs look with their jackets!! Congrats on staying within your calories and getting back on track!!!

@ihp2015 trips and family are always a great incentive! My dad is coming to visit mid November and I have not seen him in like a year, so last time he saw me I was at my heaviest, so even though he know I am losing weight, it will be a nice surprise for him to see me thinner in person.

@verybusybee well done!! Swimming is a great exercise and so relaxing. And it doesn't matter how fast you were before, what matters is that you are getting back to it .. step by step, you will get there!

@jam5660 WTG on your NSV! I just think its amazing as we lose weight how we get more confident to do other things that before we would not dare to ... congrats!!!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @tdunnegan Happy anniversary!!#
    @happygirlxxx meal planning is a life saver for me, both in weigh loss and saving my sanity with this family if 5!!! it took me about a month to get the hang of it, or in the habit I should say, now I plan out 2 weeks at a time, saving money by only grocery shopping 2x a month(except fresh fruit and veggies and things like milk) Good luck!!
    Welcome @NewTnme, work hard and stick to it and you can do anything. Just make sure to do it in a healthy way while you do!!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello folks, I just have a quick minute for a really short check in.
    @happygirlxxx just wanted you to know I'm praying for your friend/brother. Please keep us posted.
    @tunnegan Happy Anniversary
    @cellosmiles Love the dog pictures and that you and @ihp2015 are both walking in the rain!
    @jam5660 planning meals ahead is the way to go. Takes so much of the stress out of our daily lives. I try to plan each day or two, haven't gotten to a full week or more yet. I used to plan like you are, not to lose weight but to help with my budget. need to get back to that, thanks for the reminder. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @tdunnegan Happy Anniversary!!
    @happygirlxxx I hope your friend will be ok. Good job on your loss this week!
    @bapcarrier thanks for the tip on how to do bold. (here's hoping that's in bold when I post it! :)
    @NewTnme I hope you meet your goal by Thanksgiving! It's aggressive, but do it safely
    @ihp2015 Your dad is going to be sooo surprised. :) It's exciting.
    @verybusybee Swimming is great exercise.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. The birthday bash went off without a hitch and with the pre-planning, I was still able to come in under my calories. Today I have company coming for dinner and yesterday, I planned what we are having and my journal is already all filled out for the entire day so I stay on track. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    good Morning. I didn't update yesterday but I will now. I was on the ball field most of the day yesterday but I was able to get in a 25 minute walk between games. I paid attention to my body and when my leg began to hurt I stopped. I felt it a little last night but glad for the workout. After all my leg won't get better if I don't push a little.
    As for the food I stayed within my calories but I really need a way to stay below my allot fat intake.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In ... I'm down 1/2 pound from last Monday, which is actually up a bit from last Wednesday, and yet my calories this past week were the best average I've had in a long time. With only a few short months before the end of the year I need to ramp it up if I will make my goal to lose 10% of my Jan 1 weight by Dec 31 .... Getting close, but the pressure is mounting.

Today's Walking Project was hard on me. Maybe it's the wet weather, but I had to stop along the way twice to bend deeply at the waist and to stretch the muscles in my legs to get the numbness in them to abate. Thus, it took me 22 minutes to walk a route that should take 10 minutes. I got in just shy of 1/2 mile total. Here's a picture of why I turned around and retraced my steps home instead of continuing around the block ... these are all over the road back and some of them are not behind gates and are much larger ... LOL

q1nzvlein4zz.jpg
  • verybusybee
    Options
    Look at the positive you got in a walk. May I ask why you needed to stretch your legs. I ask because I was recently in a car accident and damaged my left hip, leg and sciatic nerve in my back. I am still on light duty at work and just met with the physical therapist today. I tried walking yesterday at a leisurely pace and only managed 25 minutes. I was sore but I focused on the positive of getting it done and you should do anything is better than nothing.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In - I went to the gym on Saturday and again today (Monday). Had good ab workouts both days. Plus I swam today. Tomorrow morning, I'm planning on swimming before work (as I set this goal for this week).

Nikion901 - Numbness in legs is not normal. May I suggest taking the spanks off -- LOL!!! Seriously, though, I wonder if you've considered consulting a doctor about leg numbness? Are shoes good? I tend to get numb hands alot and have been given certain stretches which really helped.

Well, you're the only one on this page, so rather than lose this post, I'll call it a day!!

• verybusybee
    Options
    So today I stayed under my calories. I chose to do a workout in my fitbit. Burned about 300 calories. Still going slow due to my injury but I'm getting it done.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 love your idea for pictures when walking. I went out tonight, walked a mile! :smiley: Took this picture, love the evening sky!qmbl76b3q3bh.jpg I wonder why the house on the left looks like it's leaning? It's not! Probably the way I was holding the camera. I'm not the best picture taker but I do love this shot.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Look at the positive you got in a walk. May I ask why you needed to stretch your legs. I ask because I was recently in a car accident and damaged my left hip, leg and sciatic nerve in my back. I am still on light duty at work and just met with the physical therapist today. I tried walking yesterday at a leisurely pace and only managed 25 minutes. I was sore but I focused on the positive of getting it done and you should do anything is better than nothing.

I have nerve impingement in my spine and hips. This makes my legs go numb when I am upright. One of the reasons why is Spinal Stenosis ... and one way to relieve the impingement on the sacral nerve from this condition is to lean forward ad the waist with your head down low, another is to place you legs far apart, one in front of the other, in a pose like the Archer in yoga. This helps to flex the muscles that cramp up. It's a condition I will eventually need to have surgery on, if I don't wait too long. It's been ongoing and progressive for over 40 years now.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    tdunnegan wrote: »
    Monday Check In - I went to the gym on Saturday and again today (Monday). Had good ab workouts both days. Plus I swam today. Tomorrow morning, I'm planning on swimming before work (as I set this goal for this week).

Nikion901 - Numbness in legs is not normal. May I suggest taking the spanks off -- LOL!!! Seriously, though, I wonder if you've considered consulting a doctor about leg numbness? Are shoes good? I tend to get numb hands alot and have been given certain stretches which really helped.

Well, you're the only one on this page, so rather than lose this post, I'll call it a day!!

Thanks for your concern @tdunnegan ... The numbness is a neurological issue. I get hand numbness also... especially when I hold a phone in my hand, or grip a package with my hand.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @verybusybee great job getting in some movement when you can and sticking to your calories!
    @bapcarrier @Nikion901 thank you for the peek into your adventures!!
    And Niki way to go getting out there and walking even though it didnt seem up to par, but par used to be not at all! kept at it, you're doing great!!
    I remember when I was about 9, my diabetic grandmother(think sweet tea thats like syrup, and snack cakes are a meal type) came to spend the summer with us, and she one day started walking the walkway in from of out house, about 15 yards one way. She was barley able to do 1 lap the first day but she kept at it and was able to do many laps by the end of the summer and dropped about 15lbs!!! Its amazing how little improvements can have such big results!
  • lil_moniQ
    lil_moniQ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday here. :)

I'd like to lose 10 kgs in several months time. My body was doing great when I wasn't this heavy! XD Haha
  • keke48
    keke48 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new what I read about the group was very helpful thank you
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: so the last 4 days, I managed to walk more than 10,000 steps each day. I've never managed that before, so my goal is to walk more than 10,000 steps each day at least for the rest of the week, but hopefully I can make that a new habit. :)

@keke48: welcome
    @bapcarrier: beautiful pic of the evening sky
    @verybusybee: well done with the calories and the exercise
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals!

My goal for this week is to remain within my max calories for food without having to use my exercise calories ... Monday done!

Love <3 the photos!!!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all of you!

So Sorry I am not around much. I am really busy at this time so I haven't read the past pages of posts.
    I did however really enjoy Barb and Niki's walking photos. They are lovely. Thank you for sharing.!

Tuesday goal... is to get on track after terrible eating during pms and period. I am already on track for Wednesday's weigh in, because I was really ashamed of last week and I am going to make up for it!

And once more I want to repeat (for myself and anyone who needs to hear it) ... pms and hormones and weight fluctuation are terrible BUT they are not the end of the world. Just stay/get back on track and it all comes off again!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier Love your photo. Question though...if the house was not crooked, were the trees? LOL I guess what 'm saying is that if the house wasn't leaning/crooked, then the trees would be. (just teasing ya) That was a beautiful picture. Welcome @keke48 and @lil_moniQ.

Tuesday Goal is to be very mindful and have lower than my max calories this week. WI is Friday for me and then the weekend is going to be scary calorie wise. Too many events (3) only 1 of which I will have control over. Yikes!