Tour de France CHALLENGE!

167891012»

Replies

• CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    and in for August 1...31 miles...and good night
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Short ride this morning; only 9 miles. 44 for the month. Have to head to the hospital two hours away where my dad has been hospitalized, after he went into shock from hemorrhaging last night. They will try to determine the cause today. This will probably effect my riding schedule for the month...
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    *hugs* for TD and TDdad

8/1 - 20 miles
    8/2 - 20 miles (it's already 95 at 10am when I finished my ride, we are going to roast today at 112... I've NEVER see 112 before!)

I've switched to the road bike. I feel slightly more comfortable on it each day. I seem stuck at 12.1 mph for that particular route (one major hill and a few small ones in the route, otherwise just undulating slightly) but I don't think I can push it much harder in this heat.
  • Hawkeye, AWESOME JOB!! Don't know how I missed that post. My friend from CA was at RAGBRAI too.
  • TDSeest
    Road 9 more miles tonight; total of 53 miles for August. Keep on riding...
  • nerdieprofessor
    Yesterday's record high was 113. Today is expected to be 115. Mr. Wonderful and I have decided to take a day off the bike today. Bleah.
  • TDSeest
    Road 17 miles tonight; 70 miles for the month. Suppose to be more cool the rest of the week, so that will help.
  • TDSeest
    Road 20 miles this morning; 91 miles for the month, thanks to the miracles of rounding. Much cooler today; hoping to ride another 15 or so tonight.
  • TDSeest
    Road 14 miles this afternoon. 135 miles for the month. Hope to ride again tonight.
  • TDSeest
    Road 18 miles this morning; total of 153 miles for August...
  • TDSeest
    Road 18 miles tonight; total of 171 miles for August.
  • TDSeest
    Really cooled off nicely tonight. Rode 15 miles; 186 miles for August.
  • nerdieprofessor
    I'm back! I had a week off the bike because of the conference, then rode three days in a row near Denver. The first day of riding at 6000 ft was tiring. <pant pant pant> but not bad. I did 20 miles yesterday and didn't really feel the elevation. We are back home (at 400 ft of elevation) tonight. Woohoo!