• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Lanette, I don’t have LTC but have thought about it. Never looked into it. I too worry about how we would pay for one of us having to go into a nursing home for our “remainder years”. Maybe this is something I should check on. We are working on being debt free when we retire too. Next April our mortgage is paid off!!!!

Pip, I like the house though. Send pics of if in the daylight. I was like you when I met my DH. I didn’t feel worthy. I remember our first date and we had lunch and decided to take in a movie. Well, before the movie started I had to visit the rest room. So I got up and scooted by the seats thinking “He must think I have the biggest *kitten*”. Not my best feature and I weighed more then. Well years later we were talking about our first date and I told him how I felt he would never call me again because of my big *kitten*. He said “I was thinking what a nice *kitten*”. So just goes to show you that you can’t assume what people are thinking. I have a keeper too!

Penny, that’s too bad about the sushi place. We go to one once a week here. I don’t eat fish so I usually have a sweet potato roll and gyoza. Sometime Edamame too. Enjoy your last meal there.

Meg, glad you DH is better. Hope your friend’s house is ok. The fire is spreading so fast. Trees haven’t hit their peek yet so I haven’t sent any pics yet. I don’t think they are going to be as vibrant this year.

Katla, I hope your family out west is ok. Let us know. I really agree with your quote.

Can someone tell me how to make homemade yogurt?

Well back to work. Terry
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yeah it worked!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Terry

Nice wreath!

If you have an Instant Pot, you can find the recipes on line.

Question: I looked at the recipe and want to know if most of you use a thermometer to get the milk to the right temperatures or do you just guess?

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was booking a supermarket delivery for tomorrow so that we could get our pastis (the only place that sells it ) when I noticed they were announcing their pre Christmas delivery slots were open. You have to spend £60 to get free delivery and hold the slot. I just ordered three bottles of pastis. Nothing else for now. (Nearly every slot was already booked!) I can imagine them thinking, this is going to be a hungry, boozy Christmas! :o:D In reality we are going to my son's in Hove, but I knew if I didn't book it I would have to brave the chaos that is the Christmas rush just for normal shopping. I can add anything I like up until the night before. I've booked it for the Friday.

Rori - Have a fantastic trip! <3 I'm trying to get DH to tell me what he wants to do for his birthday next week. Grrrrrrrrrr! He doesn't seem to understand the concept of doing something he wants to do. He keeps asking me what I'd like. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

I think I have lost my mind. For some reason, I decided I needed to walk again in the afternoon yesterday. I am thinking the same thing today. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I'm not sure that it's good. My knees are really letting me know that I might not want to do quite so much. The afternoon walk is definitely at a slower pace. I really want to get to a normal BMI so more walking I will do.

Pip - sorry for your loss but happy you have a hubby that understands!

Have a great day ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Oh Pip That is such a poignant bit of your history. I see you as a self-confidant woman of self-worth. To know you had such low self-esteem for a time is touching. I am glad you somehow came through that time without messing up your relationship with Kirby. The two of you are inspirational.

Karen in Virginia

thanks ketone funny, everyone thinks i'm so confident. i cover it very well, i have always had low self esteem issues, even now... i still can't take a compliment but i'm just learning to shut up and say thank you.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Hello all: I started with MFP in August 2012. I had done Optifast program through a bariatric physician before that and lost about 75 pounds. Bad habits and that was creeping back on. Went to see outpatient dietitian who previously worked with that program and she is the one who recommended MFP. I liked the program and the slow weight loss because it is easier to keep off. I like being able to put in my own recipes. I tried with another dietitian later to do an anti-inflammatory diet with Self Nutrition Data but it was very complicated and just too much to deal with. I didn't see that it helped with the inflammation from the sarcoidosis much either. I just logged for a while but then tried the community. I found a little good information but quite a lot of snarkiness until I found this group of ladies. I have stuck with MFP and this group since. Thanks for being a group of wise, wonderful, amazing women.

Beth - Hope the little one is settling down.

NY Karen - Wow! Good deal on those pants.

Rori - Congrats on the condo sale and a good conference. Have a wonderful time in Santa Barbara.

My family in CA are south of the fires and I hope it stays that way. They may be getting smoke though.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »

Marcelyn: bucks in Houston?

Yup. While there are deer down in the city itself they are rare. Usually they are found in the areas that have large lots and along the bayous but they aren't seen in Houston proper too often. At our "city house" we see a lot of raccoons and possums and snakes as well as other random wildlife (a lot of water fowl) since we are located on a bayou. Our actual "home" is north of Houston, still in the area referred to as Houston but actually 35 miles from downtown Houston. This is where I do my early morning runs. I find the deer safer than the two legged creatures near downtown in the dark hours. We have deer here at home, as does the rest of the outskirts of Houston. If you are 25 miles out of downtown Houston you can expect deer. Our neighborhood has lots ranging from 1 acre to 5 acres and are surrounded by developments that are similar. We have about 16 regular deer in our neighborhood, two 8 point bucks so honestly I think they need to be thinned but convincing people that Bambi belongs in the freezer and not eating my garden is a tough sell, especially when they are putting out corn and salt licks for them. Some areas of Houston, even inner city areas are having problems with wild hogs. They are super destructive and thankfully people have no problem getting rid of them. Hog season is 12 months a year in Texas for good reason.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Had my follow up appointment with the GI Doctor after m colonoscopy. Didn't think I needed it but what the heck. So all she said was that I had two polyps, one was just a plus and the other an a denims which was precancerous. So they will contact me in three years for another colonoscopy. The only thing I liked was that my appointment was at 1:30 and I was done by 1:40 and out the door.

We see a lot of deer in ur area. People know the main areas they are in and most people drive carefully to avoid an accident.

Love you guys.

Joyce, Indiana
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sue in WA Did you keep your weight off after Optifast? How did you manage the transition to maintenance? Anybody else here who has done Optifast or Medifast?

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    We live near a park so deer are a problem. I did hit one about ten years ago.

A friend of mine niece lives near the fires in California. She says the smoke is bad. It makes her eyes water. Hopefully they will be under control soon.

:heart: Margaret
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    OK Becca's going nuts again! I am trying the no shampoo thing, because well, I'm just nuts. So the last time I shampooed my hair was on the 2nd, so this is day 9! Bought some hair wraps to sleep in so I don't have my hair in a ponytail at night, which can give me a headache sometimes. Bought some brightly colored clips, so at least I'm colorful as my hair starts looking interesting! My plan is to at least go a month. Evaluate it and continue on!

My Nuke son repaid us the money for sending his boxes. We insured them so they came to $157, which was a third of our medical quarterly premiums. He paid us $600 bless his heart. So we took out 2 of 3 insurance money mentally out of our acct and I went grocery shopping! Spent $150, kind of scary, but I bought mostly MY food. This is what I like!
    Olive oil
    Wasa multi grain crisp bread
    Yogurt
    Large curd cottage cheese
    Tilapia fish fillets
    Avocados
    Tomatoes
    Oscar Meyer natural turkey slices
    Spinach
    Double cream brie
    English cucumbers
    Zucchini
    Carrots
    Pink grapefruit

Pretty amazing huh! A lot of healthy items. My husband turned into a zombie just pushing the cart and whining that he didn't want to go down EVERY isle...

I am happy healthy girl!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Mmm
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies.
    Allie- glad you don't have jury duty so you can relax.
    Becca-looks like some healthly food you bought on your shopping trip.
    Played bridge this afternoon then went for a walk when I got home. Enjoy your evening ladies.
    SueBDew in TX