What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I was told that women's pants don't have pockets because it would bulk up the look of the pants. Uh huh. Suuurrreeeee

Gotta give a shout-out to the brand that DOES women's pants with pockets. Added to that, the quality of both the service and product is outstanding.
    DuluthTrading.com

Hmmm weird. Every pair of pants I've ever bought always had pockets lol.
  • LovelyMsLuna
    LovelyMsLuna Posts: 6 Member
    YES! Exactly! Thank you for saying this! I have learned the hard way that everyone's body is different, and their weight-loss will be different, too. Some people don't have to watch what they eat, or exercise, but those people are very few. Most of us HAVE to work out AND eat as healthy as possible!
    How much it annoys me when someone says, "oh, you don't have to watch what you eat!" or, "oh, you don't have to work out!"

I feel like they're disrespecting the discipline and hard work it takes to be healthy ...

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    swebb1103 wrote: »
    tomteboda wrote: »
    No one told me how much more aware of the negative impact of excess weight on daily life I'd be. In my own life, and in other's lives. Not in a judgey-better-than-you way, but in kind of a sad, "I wish you would have this revelation too" sort of way; the way you see someone doing something self-destructive and know you can't say anything and know there's avoidable tragedy going on. It's actually heart-breaking.

So much this with my husband, who is T2D and more than 100 pounds overweight. Every time I watch him overeat, I feel this way. And scared, because with his Type A personality, family history, T2D, and high stress career, he is a waliking heartattack waiting to happen. I'm scared to lose him, but he is not ready to do anything about his weight.

Tell him how it makes you feel.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    -
    - I'm having to cart masses of food into work with me every day.
    -

This^^^

For me, it's getting things out of the wardrobe I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years.

And WANTING to go to the gym instead of feeling like I should.

But I hate people trying to "feed me up" because I'm smaller now. I've realised how many people are feeders!

I love your profile pic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!