Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    It’s 4.15 am here!
    I’m so hungry lol! I’m making soup!

I hope this isn’t where my middle of the night pregnancy snacks start!
    Feel like I don’t get enough sleep as it is. But if I don’t eat I won’t sleep. Got rumblies in my tum!

I was thinking it must be awfully early there!!! It's 10:18 p.m. here! I'm just getting ready to go to bed! :blush:

I’ve been awake since about 2.45.

Then I remembered from my last pregnancy (after like 2 hours) it’s for food haha and I won’t sleep at all til I get some!
    I hate lying there wanting to sleep but can’t
    I’m actually starting to feel tired again!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Is it me or are weekends always quiet on here?

Clearly you all have fascinating lives haha .. unlike me..

I am silent this weekend because I am fighting headaches... and I will be then next two because I will spend them closer to you, staying with my bf. And I will use every single minute of those. But usually I use this post to unwind in-between tasks. Or to avoid said tasks. Whatever. :-P
    I guess for many people weekend is time for all the housework/gardening/family dinners. And because many of our friends here are in a very different timezone to us, it feels even more quiet during weekends where they (hopefully) can sleep longer and spend the evening doing nice stuff with their family.
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Stick with my pre-logged food to make up for yesterday. :( hubby called after work so we went out for dinner. Still was close to maintenance.
    2. Don't buy junk at the grocery store. :) stuck with the list
    3. 5000 steps. :neutral: 4992 close enough right?
    4. Get that laundry done. :) finally!
    5. Start reading for school this week. :) read until I started falling asleep. Accounting isn't exactly exciting.

Today:
    1. Log meal plan for week.
    2. Finish at least one chapter for school.
    3. Straighten house to start week off right.
    4. 3000 steps. It's raining so we're stuck inside today.
    5. Plan out week and write it all in planner.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am done with any alcohol drinks
    I will Be ready for every meal
    Less nuts
    No bread
    Log everything
    Meet more the people I care about
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @junodog. Lovely picture--you don't look as if you need to be dieting--lol.
    Friend loved the macarons I bought for her birthday at a French bakery that was a little out of the way, but worth the trip.
    Organ lesson went well--prepping for a concert next Sunday ---Reformation Sunday in the Lutheran world.
    Back in the 50's, just barely.
    Goals are brief:
    Stay in the green
    Exercise for at least 15 minutes
    Get some planting done
    Write at least one or two notes that have been sitting on the desk for two weeks.
    Have fun on this beautiful day here in western PA.
    I agree with many of you that this logging in of goals, does keep you accountable, and that's a very good thing.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Weekends are usually the times I get all my homework done, grocery shop and clean the house. Now I usually just relax and enjoy time with my family and my husband. Sometimes we do fun things, or times we are productive it just depends what is going on.

10/22/17 Sunday JFT:

Yesterday ended up being an ALL day event. We left the house at 9:30 am and we didn't return home until around 8 pm. I ate a fresh sandwich and fell right to sleep. Therefore, today is going to be pretty relaxing.

Breakfast w/ family
    Enjoy a mid-morning movie
    Laundry
    Plan weekly meals
    Organize some more boxes for storage
    Maybe clean out my office
    (Since I found out about the pregnancy and dropped some classes, my desk has become a storage place for paperwork :D I still need to use my office so I need to clean it up. Now that my morning sickness is going away, maybe I can start studying for my MCAT and prepare for the remaining classes next fall.)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fellow JFT'ers! It's a rainy, windy, chilly day here so I'm glad it's football Sunday! I don't have to feel guilty if I stay inside today. Packer game and doing some baking this afternoon. I have to do something with all the apples my husband and I picked in Door County a few weeks ago. And I need to get ready for the week, so that means meal planning, grocery list, laundry, plus I need to find something to wear for an interview tomorrow. 2-day weekends are never enough! Should always be 3 days off in my opinion! :mrgreen:
    Just for Saturday
    1. Make healthy food choices :)
    2. Drink 85 oz of water ;)Not 85 but more than normal, so that was good!
    3. Stay away from grandson's birthday cake! (plan to eat before I go) :) Just a tiny taste so he didn't worry about "grandma not getting any cake".
    4. Get outside on this beautiful fall day. 70 degrees and sunny! :smile:
    5. Body groove video: see if I can get further than yesterday; or else a walk outside. My knees will only let me do one or the other! :/Not today. We weren't home most of the day so I did get a lot of walking in.
    6. Practice patience. I tend to be very irritable lately. It's not fair to my family. :)Had a great day!
    7. Listen to podcasts - Optimal Health Daily; Optimal Living Daily :#Moving this one to today while I bake.
    8. Make a list of healthy meals for next week and make grocery list for tomorrow :)Started this but need to finish it up today.
    9. One random act of kindness :)Lots of small things that I normally do anyway but paid more attention to yesterday. We need a kinder world...

Just for Sunday
    1. Healthy food selections
    2. Measure & Journal food
    3. Drink more water than yesterday...shoot for 85 oz
    4. Bake apple crisp, apple pie and pumpkin bread for freezer
    5. Cheer on my Green Bay Packers!
    6. Listen to podcasts
    7. Meal plan and grocery list
    8. Be in the present moment. Be grateful and kind.
    9. Prepare for tomorrow
    10. In bed sleeping by 10 pm
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Starting all over again. I went to check on things at our cottage and found a major bug infestation that totally flipped me out. I stopped paying attention to what I ate- this took all of my energy and i am still dealing with this. I have taken some days off work to hopefully get this taken care of. My goal for tomorrow is to get back on track
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 59
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    October Goal: Reach 165

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I love appliances - just like I love my vacuum. Tell us what you get!

Forgot to tell you we bought a Shark vacuum. Fantastic on pet hair, we love it!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    B)
    Recap Sat. 10/21 - Gorgeous weather & wearing shorts! B)
    1) Farmers market (2nd to last of season :'( ) = done :smiley:
    2) Walk dog = 3.28 miles / happy dog B)
    3) Yardwork: stuff into shed, planters, etc. while hubby mows = cleared 2 feet of rock garden, planted sedum, cut back backyard roses, grill / patio table &. chairs / yard art / hose reel all in shed...long active day & dog exhausted but very happy :sunglasses:
    4) Wash dishes = nope, focused on outdoor tasks while weather allowed :D
    5) Brother #1 (he's oldest of 3 brothers / I'm oldest of 5 siblings) coming at 5:00 / supper at home / prep for Sunday brunch before noon Packers game (brother & I going with friends) = chicken & wild rice bake with strawberry banana smoothies for supper and brother / hubby both helped with brunch prep :)

10/22 Sunday = Attended Packers game with brother and friends. :) Rainy gloomy day and flyover cancelled. :( Packers lost but still fun. Drank no beer at game. Trying to stay w/i 100 green calories, not much day left.

JFT Monday 10/23
    1) Walk dog before work
    2) Call bank and make appt. for box
    3) Use Calm app, pause and pray
    4) Net calories green
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23
    Good job! You are now a motivator. Checking in on this site I have learned is crucial to staying on task and it was wonderful to read your story
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Log meal plan for week. :)
    2. Finish at least one chapter for school. :) and started on a second one!
    3. Straighten house to start week off right. :neutral: got some progress made but not where it should be
    4. 3000 steps. It's raining so we're stuck inside today. :) over 4k
    5. Plan out week and write it all in planner. :) working on it now!

Today:
    1. Stick with pre-logged food.
    2. 15 minute workout.
    3. Finish billing without getting on Facebook.
    4. Go to bed by 10pm.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JFT, Sunday
    1. Get to the gym :/
    2. log ALL food :/
    3. drink water - 2 glasses with each meal :/
    4. eat planned meals - no skipping meals just because it is the weekend. Thats when I get into trouble :/
    5. get back on here tomorrow - and be accountable :)

My only happy face today was getting on here and being accountable! I had a terrible day - food wise. It was a rainy, dreary cold day today. First mistake -- I didn't go to the gym. Second mistake --- I didn't plan any real meals. So the day was spent "grazing", and I "grazed" on things that would only feed the cravings.

But tomorrow is a new day......

JFT, MONDAY
    1. log all food
    2. eat only planned foods. Lots of veggies, and protein, and just 1 piece of fruit
    3. drink 2 glasses of water with each meal, and 2 more glasses after dinner. aim for 80 oz of water (10 cups)
    4. go to the gym in the morning - start the day out positive
    5. try and get minimum of 8 servings of veggies in
    6. drink v8 juice when I am hungry, or eat some protein - a hard boiled egg or cheese stick. NO more potato chips - in fact - send them home with my daughter tonite.
    7. Brush and floss my teeth after dinner -- this keeps me from snacking! @tretan - thanks for that reminder with your retainer! I had forgetten that this really helped me to break the habit of nitetime snacking.
    8. get back on here - be accountable

@PrincesseAly23 -- SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!! Thank you for sharing that. You've got this girl! And .... I love your profile picture!

@asclepsia -- do you plan organ music??? That is my all time favorite type of music to listen to -- so relaxing and beautiful!

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Joan6630: Yes I do play the organ, and have been playing for many years. I was fortunate enough to attend a high school that offered organ lessons. In college, I played occasionally for dinners, gatherings, etc. Much later when my sons were ready for college, I took a part-time organ job with a nondenominational church, and I've been playing every since. It is very relaxing for me to play--I lose all track of time when I'm alone at the church playing -it's also a very spiritual time. I'm so happy to hear that you appreciate organ music.
    Give yourself a break about your terrrible "food" day--it was only one day, and tomorrow you'll be back on track!
    @PrincesseAly23: What a wonderful testimony--you have every right to be proud of yourself, and I'm sure that all of us are very happy for you. Lovely picture, as well.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 So proud of you! Now on to all the victories to come, I am sure life has more in store for you.

I am off to my half work week (I fly out to bf on Thursday). I kind of do not want to. But at least lunch is prepared, fruit snacks are available.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weekend was terrible - stayed at friends' and they had bought in every unhealthy food imaginable. Totally fell off the wagon (and yesterday was bad too as I was overtired/hungover so craved fat and sugar).

Today is a new day! Going to get back on track now - otherwise there is no way I will meet the 5 pound challenge.

2 weeks till my holiday - going to be healthy across those two weeks!! (Reward will be not looking chubby in my swimming costume)

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita if HUNGRY
    - One water for every alcoholic drink
    - G & slimline T only

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Only check emails at selected intervals
  • validationmail1
    validationmail1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    today: