10/24 - 1.5

Goal: 50
    MTD: 42.9

Upcoming Races
    10/08 - (5k) Run the Rocks
    10/29 - (10k) Kooky Spooky
    11/18 - (10k) Turkey Trek
    12/09 - (HM) Fa La La Half Marathon

After compression and ice and mostly rest yesterday, I took the niggly calf for a light run this morning. It was "ok," but I think I'm going to not run until the race on Sunday. At most a super light and short run on Friday AM is the most I'll do.

Now I feel like climbing up the walls since I can't/shouldn't/won't run. :(

I had to elongate my HM training schedule anyway, so worst case, I skip this race altogether to heal, but that would bum me out because honestly the Halloween-themed medal is super on point (and also my birthday is Halloween so this one was kind of extra special). I have another 10k mid-November as part of the plan, so it's not like I'd be ill-equipped for the HM...I just really REALLY want to race this weekend. OTOH--screwing up the work I've put in for the HM just for a clever medal is rather silly when you think about it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Did you find that people stopped for long at the Aide Stations at Duluth? Were they hella cool? I meant to ask you that the other day! LSU100 plays up their Aide as a selling point and I think that is super cool but I also spent all of maybe 1 minute all in at Aide for all of Whistler.
    It was kind kind of a party attitude at the turn around. I think most people spent maybe 2-3 minutes per aide station and that was it, depending on if Drop bags were there. I was at the turn around for like 5-10 minutes because I was bonked and needed food. It's different for most runners, we tend to just have fun and make the race secondary as long as we finish. I'm pretty sure if I was a fast runner it would be different. I know I'm back of the pack, so I don't sweat it unless I have a cut off to make.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB My back is better - still not perfect.
    Got a short - slooow 3k in yesterday on a perfectly flat trail as a test - a few little twinges near the end but nothing big. Feels okay this morning. Will see how it handles Adult Swim Club tonight.

This Saturday is our end of year 7 Peaks Challenge in PR.
    Not a sanctioned - formal race - no bibs, no clock, no official route ~35km and 7 hills ~1.2k of vertical - hate the thought of taping out ( DNS ) so it will be a roll out of bed call.
    Especially since my truck is the Cookie Truck/Aid Station at the bottom of Hill 3 & 4 which are on opposite sides of a creek this way you go by it twice. Hill 3 is the easiest and Hill 4 is the hardest.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Did you find that people stopped for long at the Aide Stations at Duluth? Were they hella cool? I meant to ask you that the other day! LSU100 plays up their Aide as a selling point and I think that is super cool but I also spent all of maybe 1 minute all in at Aide for all of Whistler.
    It was kind kind of a party attitude at the turn around. I think most people spent maybe 2-3 minutes per aide station and that was it, depending on if Drop bags were there. I was at the turn around for like 5-10 minutes because I was bonked and needed food. It's different for most runners, we tend to just have fun and make the race secondary as long as we finish. I'm pretty sure if I was a fast runner it would be different. I know I'm back of the pack, so I don't sweat it unless I have a cut off to make.

Did you run alone? Seems like a run like this would be good to have a partner.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    10/1 – 6 miles
    10/2 – rest day
    10/3 – 8 miles
    10/4 - 5 miles
    10/5 - 10 miles
    10/6 - 5 miles
    10/7 - rest day
    10/8 - rest day
    10/9 - 6 miles
    10/10 - 7 miles
    10/11 – rest day
    10/12 – 6 miles
    10/13 - unscheduled rest day
    10/14 - college visit with Skip
    10/15 - 3.1 miles for AIM
    10/16 - 6 miles
    10/17 - rest day - meet day so technically I ran 4 miles ha ha
    10/18 - 7 miles
    10/19 - 5 miles
    10/20 - rest day
    10/21 - 7 miles
    10/22 - life day too much going on
    10/23 - 5 miles
    10/24 – 7 miles

93 of 100 miles

exercise.png

@garygse Since Skip is an only child I think she knows I’m the only ally she has ha ha
    @PastorVincent if you started to pace with me and said do you mind if I run with you a bit, I would be fine. If you just started to pace next to me with no other interaction I would ask you what you want. Whizzing passed me with a good day would be fine with me, if you have a nice *kitten* you get extra points for being in front of me.
    @zdyb23456 I agree with @garygse I wait until people are there. I find it EXTREMELY rude when people RSVP and then don’t show up.
    @HonuNui beautiful trail. Love the turtle
    @MNLittleFinn I think you should try to get in the Barkley Marathon – the Marathon that eats its young. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkley_Marathons
    @JessicaMcB $300 that’s just painful!

Edited because well the paragraph made no sense ha ha
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent if you started to pace with me and said do you mind if I run with you a bit, I would be fine. If you just started to pace next me with me no other interaction I would ask you want you want. Whizzing passed me with a good day would be fine with me, if you have a nice *kitten* you get extra points for being in front of me.

HA! You would have to ask my wife about that, I really do not look at my "kitten" often. ;)

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent if you started to pace with me and said do you mind if I run with you a bit, I would be fine. If you just started to pace next me with me no other interaction I would ask you want you want. Whizzing passed me with a good day would be fine with me, if you have a nice *kitten* you get extra points for being in front of me.

HA! You would have to ask my wife about that, I really do not look at my "kitten" often. ;)

Ha ha! @PastorVincent

OMG I just realized my paragraph was barely English, glad you understood what I was saying ha ha I guess I can't multi task today, listening to a call and typing.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @7lenny7 That's pretty much my plan. Rest of This week is pretty much total rest. I'll get into some running next week, depending on how I feel, then start building into Zumbro training..... really thinking about going for the century.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That's pretty much my plan. Rest of This week is pretty much total rest. I'll get into some running next week, depending on how I feel, then start building into Zumbro training..... really thinking about going for the century.

Might as well, what's another 38 miles?
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Behind on the thread but I've scanned. I generally avoid people while running, but I like @skippygirlsmom 's idea of falling in behind somebody with a nice butt :-D I'll change my route for sure just to avoid people. I get annoyed when I go down our little trail and there's too many people. Speaking of which, Friday there was an old guy teaching his grandson about fishing and I swear that dude looked right at me coming toward him and cast his fishing line anyway. LOL I've had this happen several times with the fishermen.

Sunday I did walk .5 mi, run 3, walk .5 (but of course I take walk breaks in the run part too). Then yesterday I had to work until 10pm so no running. And my butt hurt all day and it hurts today. Right in the center of my left butt cheek. Definitely need to do more stretching and rolling. Sigh. Why can't my body just love me back for exercising?

Really hope to get my run tonight but I am also super busy tonight cooking for 50 people. So goes my life.....
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @cameronheel ! That is an awesome transformation. Congratulations!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Why can't my body just love me back for exercising?

Exactly! I often feel this way. And gosh, that's a lot of people to cook for. Good luck!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @eponine1984, for finishing the C25k program and getting in 3.6!

Nice 3.3 miles for me this morning.

Well, my monthly goal has been blown to smithereens by this piriformis issue. I have a whopping 39 miles out of a scheduled 115. :neutral:
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

Might as well, what's another 38 miles?

LOL. I guess that's one way to look at it. Part of me says I already have done longer than a 50, so why not go for the 100 at Zumbro? Superior 50 is the one I really want to hit for that distance, it's almost in my back yard. I'd go for the century on that, but it starts the friday of the first week of school, and teacher probably shouldn't miss that day.....