Sober October 2017

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Well last night was a reminder of WHY I wanted to cut back.

Met some friends in the pub, during the second beer I was starting to feel the effects, thankfully we wisely left to start cooking some food.

The downfall came when waiting for the meal to cook. An hour and a half with more than one gin and tonic. Whose idea was it to follow beer with gin and tonic?!!

So I switched to red wine once we’d fonished the meal. An even worse decision, as then came the nausea and as anticipated, some ‘praying to the bog god’ (being sick whilst drinking excessively is quite a common experience for me).

So today I started with a hangover. We went for a walk up a hill to work it off which really helped, but not sure the burger fries and enormous milkshake helped at lunch!!!

A classic reminder of why restricting drinking (it was an expensive Bordeaux which was wasted) is the plan for me.
  • izzygone
    izzygone Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for this thread! I've been following and it's very inspiration for me. Completely sober October didn't happen for me (had only 1 over indulgent night though!!) but I'm all in for November!
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? The month is almost over.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Did ok for October but I want a completely free month from drinking so honestly can't wait for the Nov thread!
  • cmeride
    cmeride Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Did ok for October but I want a completely free month from drinking so honestly can't wait for the Nov thread!

November group has started. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123400-sober-november-2017

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    cmeride wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »

November group has started. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123400-sober-november-2017

Thank you
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Had a very small glass of wine with Sunday roast today, but was perfectly happy to stick at one.

Will carry on in November, this thread is helping me to reconsider how I approach alcohol.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a mostly sober November. I just hopped on the mindful moderation bandwagon a week or so ago and have been doing better than I expected. Made it until Friday night alcohol free. Had one pint of beer after work Friday (I tend bar at a local brewery part time). Saturday was a bust, went out for a mug or two with the hubs Saturday, ended up taking a growler home and polished that off. Oddly enough, that was considerably less than we usually drink on a weekend. Still ended up with a helluva headache Sunday a.m. Sunday, which is usually beer and wine soaked, was actually what I would consider a success, compared to my norm. Two beers with friends in the afternoon, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, then called it quits. So, while not the best weekend, definitely way less booze than typical, and I'm rethinking about my habits. I'm planning on a better week this week!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi all - thanks to salleewins for starting the November group. I started the November discussion so people can start bookmarking.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10611652/sober-november-2017#latest
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I missed this for October but I can start now, this has all been very inspiring.