Sober October 2017

Options

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I made it without drinking.. but binged on food. Ugh. Where's the balance?
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    I made it without drinking.. but binged on food. Ugh. Where's the balance?

The balance will come. Baby steps!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    cmeride wrote: »
    Day 39 for me. I spent last night with friends, who got polluted. We played darts and I was the only one who could add the scores. It was quite funny in a sad way. Water is my friend. It was so nice to wake up this morning with a clear head and know I made the best choice. I didn't miss a thing. Stay strong people, you're really not missing anything either.

Congratulations Purplelavender and bootyrubsan.. It feels great, doesn't it?

Congrats to you as well!!!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    no44s4me wrote: »
    Does anyone use a "something in the hand" substitute at the end of the day? My go to is a bottle or 2 of IBC Diet Root Beer, but was curious if anyone else has the mental hangup of wanting something in your hand. When I quit smoking 30 years ago it was lemon drops, the more sour the better!

Sometimes I have sparkling water in a wine glass.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    One weekend in October almost behind us, three more to go!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »
    Just checking in with all you lovely people. Started this challenge on 8/29 and have had a grand total of 3 drinks. Cravings subsided after the first couple of weeks, but still feel very tempted in certain situations. I have to have a little internal dialogue to talk myself out it and remind myself why I'm doing this - better sleep, increased energy, weight control, etc.

Also, I have to admit I don't want to end up like my friends/family who made a hobby out of drinking. They all look pretty rough and far older than they are. Some died prematurely or in a very sad, dependent way. Sorry to be a downer! It just helps me to remember there's a big price to pay for drinking heavily.

That's a good incentive.. sometime vanity is ok. I too notice a few friends and relatives that haven't aged well or sadly died early due to alcohol.

Unfortunately I drank last night (my goal is to be AF during the week..which I did) but I also ate too much and I feel like crap today. I was at a party and wasn't driving so I gave into the cold beers.

I've got a wedding next weekend but will be AF til next Friday.
  • ILove2Crochet
    ILove2Crochet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm looking to cut back.

Me too. I finally got a handle on it and want to continue having maybe just a few on the weekends if at all.