Sober October 2017

Options

Replies

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    While I certainly understand your decision @purplelavender7, your positive encouragement & uplifting voice will be sorely missed here. Thank you for starting this thread!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @purplelavender7 - I agree with the above few posts and will miss you! These threads have been so helpful. keep being awesome!
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Chiming in. Thank you @purplelavender7 for all of the support and leading the way here! I'm sorry you had to deal with that - stressful and scary! Thinking of you.
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you @purplelavender7 for creating this awesome group. Reading these posts has really kept me grounded. I leave on a 10 day cruise on Monday; hopefully, I can resist the temptation and stay on track.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @crazykatlady820 - yes, we welcome people joining at any time! There's a lot of great support on this thread.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @whitpauly for me nightmares, too. Hope Friday was good.

I didn't drink this weekend and it feels good.

Hope all is well everyone!
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I completely relate and am working on getting my "fix" out of system
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So I lost my strength. Ugh hoping to gain it back. Very hard *kitten*!
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You will find that strength...and even if you lose it...we need to continue to push ahead
  • ILove2Crochet
    ILove2Crochet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You will find that strength...and even if you lose it...we need to continue to push ahead

I agree!!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol up again. Drinking does it and the extra junk I eat while drinking. Which equals extra pounds and that is just another reason for the higher number, too. All the more reason to cut DOWN.
  • ILove2Crochet
    ILove2Crochet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know I am starting late but you know the saying. This challenge is harder for me than keeping my food intake down as I am used to having as little as 2 beers to as many as 6 beers a night almost every night. It is a pattern I've inherited from my family (a large portion obese) that at the end of the day 2 beers help unwind you from a stressful day. In that "tradition" I have developed a beer pouch. So I am in, I want to at least reduce to only weekends. Hopefully it'll enable me to see some difference.

Good Luck. You can do it!!