Anyone read the latest research on Keto by Alan Aragon?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Where should it be hosted?
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member

Can it be submitted to maybe a medical site? How does hosting work?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

Medical sites don't really host this kind of information. They take recommendations from scientific boards to form opinions. They aren't research sites.
  • MinuitMinuet
    psuLemon wrote: »

Medical sites don't really host this kind of information. They take recommendations from scientific boards to form opinions. They aren't research sites.

That's a shame. I really like science and research and would like to see sites like this grow in popularity. It would go a long way if it could be shared as an objective based argument.
  • psuLemon

That's a shame. I really like science and research and would like to see sites like this grow in popularity. It would go a long way if it could be shared as an objective based argument.

Ironically, the ones that do exist tend to be very biased towards one particular diet and slow to adopt any new science. That is why it's important to look at research sites or universities as opposed to doctors sites. But also, you should note there are significant difference between PhD's and MD's. The majority of MD's have no training or education in nutritional sciences. This is why I would put little faith in most of their recommendations.
  • MinuitMinuet

Ironically, the ones that do exist tend to be very biased towards one particular diet and slow to adopt any new science. That is why it's important to look at research sites or universities as opposed to doctors sites. But also, you should note there are significant difference between PhD's and MD's. The majority of MD's have no training or education in nutritional sciences. This is why I would put little faith in most of their recommendations.

I agree. Problem is, not everyone does. Not enough dragons to slay.
  • psuLemon
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Whoever made that pyramid should be ejected into space..
    I tried fixing it, but the trapeziums aren't even the right size! Geometry has never been this triggering before.

3k32wenm297i.png

What do you expect from PhD's, lol? It's from Dr. Brad Schoenfelds site.

http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/evidence-based-practice-in-exercise-and-nutrition-common-misconceptions-and-criticisms/
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hold on....there is a web site called "lookgreatnaked.com"? Hawt dang! LOL!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So, like the obsessed ketoers, shaky sites. I agree that it's mostly nonsense, but the sites on both sides are.. questionable. You can woo me all you like but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm right. Anti-ketoers hate it and demonized it while ketoers evangelize it. I beginning to think you people just like to find something to fight about..like an old nagging couple. There needs to be a neutral group that can untangle this mess and show both sides that it isn't magic but it isn't ridiculous either. If it don't work for you.. try something else.. don't hate on those it works for. If it works for you, awesome, don't add pseudoscience to try and make it look better. Just leave it at CICO for those who binge on carbs.

and who are you again?
  • psuLemon
    Hold on....there is a web site called "lookgreatnaked.com"? Hawt dang! LOL!

I always struggle going to it at work, but it is filled with goodness.