Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- NOVEMBER 2017 CHALLENGE

Replies

• Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,373 Member
    Me 6
    LNS 0
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,821 Member
    @hellonew2015
    I started doing this challenge in April. I struggled every night at first. A 3 day streak was good. Things I tried:
    1. Brushing my teeth
    2. Saying that I could eat it in the morning if I still wanted it
    3. Going to bed earlier if the craving was really bad
    4. Having a cut off time. Mine is 7.30
    5. Posting everyday to the challenge.
    6. Being determined to succeed.

Having stuck with it, it has now become habitual. I look at the time and if it's after 7.30 I say no. It has become easy. If I slip up it usually because I didn't look at the time.

Good luck everyone!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Me: 6
    LNS: 0
  • hedyk
    hedyk Posts: 185 Member
    My goal is to stay under 1300 net calories & no alcohol. So if I meet both goals, then that's 1 for me. If I go off plan for either calories or alcohol, than that's 1 for LNS.

Streak: 6
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Me 4
    LNS 2
    Great job all! Can we please add what did we do to avoid LNS to help each other?
    Example: I drink coffee to help but it does not work everytime.

I like the idea of sharing ideas. I have tea or water at night which helps a little. Unfortunately my downfall is when I get together with friends in the evening and the snacks come out. I was able to stay within my calories last night, but did eat after 8:00 pm and ate back all my exercise calories :(
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Me: 1
    LNS: 2

Having a hard time here. I had such a great day yesterday, I ate well and exercised and had a healthy dinner, and then 10 pm rolled around. I feel like I am sabotaging myself. I exercise a lot and I love to exercise, and I like eating healthy foods. So why must I continue to find the night snacking so difficult? I am going to keep going with this challenge and am determined to do better moving forward. Still so motivated!!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    edited November 2017
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1

I got up at 10 pm after finishing a Netflix show and grabbed nuts :(, I am going to add a tbs of coconut oil or unsalted butter to my coffee tonight to make it a bullet proof coffee that may curb my appetite.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    135terry wrote: »
    Me 4
    LNS 2
    Great job all! Can we please add what did we do to avoid LNS to help each other?
    Example: I drink coffee to help but it does not work everytime.

I like the idea of sharing ideas. I have tea or water at night which helps a little. Unfortunately my downfall is when I get together with friends in the evening and the snacks come out. I was able to stay within my calories last night, but did eat after 8:00 pm and ate back all my exercise calories :(

Don't give up! This is a new day and it will be better :smile:
  • mrgmama
    mrgmama Posts: 8 Member
    Me: 2
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,534 Member
    ME: 6
    It's wonderful to read all of the positive comments and suggestions.
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Taa da!!

Me: 7

Streak: 7

I nearly didn’t make it tonight but knowing I’d be posting pushed me through. Big thanks go to every team member but especially our organiser.

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,821 Member
    ME: 6*
    LNS: 1(Friday 3rd Nov)
    Streak: 4
  • mielepiel
    mielepiel Posts: 20 Member
    Me: 1*

Streak: 1

I've just begon; the first night was a complete failure. I still had a bag of m&m's and couldn't resist it. Still had a few today, but I didnt overeat (cuz there weren't anymore :( ). My plan is to NOT buy all these delicious chocolatey treats... and don't go shopping hungry
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,373 Member
    Me: 7

I'm using the suggestion of posting in advance this evening instead of in the morning. I don't want to be untruthful either and hopefully this will help.

I started with this challenge in July when I was LNS almost every night. The accountability of posting has really helped me. I went to the doctor today and have lost 11 pounds since my last visit two months ago (51# loss total). I attribute the recent loss mainly to this forum. What has helped me not to LNS too is feeding my sweet tooth with a container of Halo Top as the last thing I eat in the evening. I have it incorporated into my calories for the day.

I love everyone's tips! Thanks for sharing!
  • chelle1114
    chelle1114 Posts: 15 Member
    Hiiiiiiii! Late start but I'm all in!!
    Me-1
    LNS-0
    LAST MEAL WAS AT 630
  • vanessadc64
    vanessadc64 Posts: 3 Member
    Me: 3
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Me: 7*
  • dawnmarie012015
    dawnmarie012015 Posts: 5 Member
    Me: 3
  • hedyk
    hedyk Posts: 185 Member
    My goal is to stay under 1300 net calories & no alcohol. So if I meet both goals, then that's 1 for me. If I go off plan for either calories or alcohol, than that's 1 for LNS.

Streak: 0

Just missed my goal yesterday with 1310 net calories
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Me : 7
    LNS : 0