11/3 12miles
    11/4 4miles
    11/5 rest
    11/6 6.62miles
    11/7 5miles
    11/8 7miles
    11/9 4miles
    11/10 14miles!

I survived 14miles! I PR’d but it doesn’t really count because I rested at red lights. Still, I take it :smile:

Oh and it ended up being warmer than I expected. Parts of my run felt too warm for how I dressed.

Careful not to do too much - remember rest is key to progression. It's when your body adapts to the strains you're putting it through.
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Wanted to have another run under my belt at this point in the week, but almost half way to my goal.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB me? Inspirational, I'm a foul-mouthed (not at work) special needs teacher who runs because it's better than eventually going to rehab like several coworkers have..... on US sizing... Don't get me started. I can wear a kids large, and finding pants for a short runner is a nightmare.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    November 1- 18+8
    November 2- 22
    November 3- 20
    November 4- 42
    November 5- 20
    November 6- 18
    November 7- 18
    November 8- 19
    November 9- 18
    November 10- 28

231/500km
    That's a fuch ton of running.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB I can definitely see why they were hard to convince. You definitely look much younger and your frame size doesn't look the same! @Orphia had similar results with her weight loss, she now looks like a daughter of her former self.

A very nice example of discipline and determination , you are!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    11/1- 25 minutes strength training (legs)+ 3.7 miles treadmill intervals
    11/2-5.3 miles
    11/3-5.1 miles
    11/4-10 miles +2.8 miles pub crawl
    11/5-rest day (dog walking, but that was it)
    11/6- 5 miles + 1.5 miles with Stella
    11/7-4.4 miles + 1.1 miles with Stella
    11/8-4.9 miles + stretching
    11/9-30 minutes strength training

43.8/120

No running last night. I had a strange numbness in my left foot and leg from when I woke up in the morning and it sort of lingered all day. Since I had a 6:30 appointment with my trainer, I decided to make it a non-running day. She had me focus on upper body and core yesterday, but she did not take it easy on me. We started with alternating sets of 10 assisted pull-ups and alligator walks across the racquetball court and back. I am down to using the lightest weight for the assisted pull-ups and can actually bang out 10 straight which is major improvement from where I started. Maybe soon I will get brave enough to see where I am unassisted. And gosh, those alligator walks are killer! For those that don't know, these are alligator walks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCH8ook4yk

And it only got harder from there. I am pretty sore all over today. I am contemplating an after work run, but I also decided to do a half marathon on Sunday. It's called the honor run and it's in support of housing for veterans. You can write the name of a vet on your bib that you chose to run for. I am going to run for my father who passed away in 2012.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic I have bone conduction headphones called Trekz Titanium. They aren’t uncomfortable at all, and let you hear everything around you, but like PastorVincent says, it’s like hearing background noise so would probably not be good for listening to audiobooks or podcasts (I only listen to music). I only use them for running, so if you are looking for headphones that you can also use at home or in the office, I wouldn’t recommend.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think I am finally caught up really all the way! Whoo! Being busy at work is really hurting my MFP running challenge reading. This is rough. LOL. Work has been really busy. Awesome day so far though. Last night, I actually slept all night without being in pain and so far today, I am pain free!!! It has been a month since I have been able to say that. I really want to run. Dr says it's ok, just wants me to do a big warm-up routine beforehand. I'm still a little nervous, but I think my need to run is taking over the feeling of nervousness. I just know that if I am hurting after, I am really going to suffer tomorrow as I have to take the boys to the zoo. ACK!!
    AND!!! I am going to miss my triathlon training bike ride tomorrow! Because of the zoo. Boo. LOL. I thought it was Sunday and then looked at the calendar and it overlapped. What was I thinking?? So, I am going to try a quick, short run tonight, zoo tomorrow and ride on Sunday. ooohhhh, AND, I got all my new swim stuff in today. Box is waiting at home. Next week, I will start swimming laps.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Probably will have to try and catch up on Monday.
    @JessicaMcB See, you really are Wonder Woman. You lost weight, found an exercise that you love dearly and you inspire a large group of us to challenge and better ourselves. Seeing you were like the rest of us is truly inspiring! I would love to meet you in person, because I know you have an amazing spirit and heart!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 I'll be in Dallas Monday. Can I come swim with you??? Haha! I have all my stuff ready.

I want to run today after being in less pain... I haven't decided what to do. I really enjoy not hurting and am sure if I go run I'll be achy sore again. But really wanna go run. I'm afraid if I wait until tomorrow to go, I'll go after 6 miles. Maybe I should start with 2 today? LOL! And do 6 tomorrow? And ride Sunday? Then run again Monday morning? Hahaha!
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    11/1: 2.68
    11/3: 2.77
    11/6: 3.2
    11/9: 2.79
    11/10: 2.75

Total: 14.19/50 miles

I was sick last week and that put me a few days behind... here’s hoping I can make up some miles the rest of the month
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @seanevan10 I'll be in Dallas Monday. Can I come swim with you??? Haha! I have all my stuff ready.

I want to run today after being in less pain... I haven't decided what to do. I really enjoy not hurting and am sure if I go run I'll be achy sore again. But really wanna go run. I'm afraid if I wait until tomorrow to go, I'll go after 6 miles. Maybe I should start with 2 today? LOL! And do 6 tomorrow? And ride Sunday? Then run again Monday morning? Hahaha!

@Elise4270 This is how I feel!!! I am going to do my big warmup when I get home and then try just 1 mile. And then come home and do the rest of my PT workout/stretches. Then I will see how much farther I can go. Then ride on Sunday. I am doing a lunch swim on Monday if you want to head over. I work in Irving!!!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    So after my long run this morning I hop in the shower, towel off and notice my lips are blue - like really blue! I almost took a picture. Crazy right? It was 59 degrees with a chilly breeze. For most of my run I felt quite warm, so I’m a little weirded out by it. I feel ok.

Any one else experience this weirdness?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @seanevan10 you are so sweet <3 . If you are ever in Alberta and want to suffer for several hours drop me a line- I'll find a way to rope @juliet3455 into it ;)
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    November 1- 18+8
    November 2- 22
    November 3- 20
    November 4- 42
    November 5- 20
    November 6- 18
    November 7- 18
    November 8- 19
    November 9- 18
    November 10- 28

231/500km
    That's a fuch ton of running.

Lol I mean it's still short of what my distance spread was in September :D . I was hoping to be at 255 by the 10th so I'm behind in reality (I worked out that if I hit 700k in November and 700k in December my annual km count will land a hair over 5000...yes I'm shooting for it on the DL, shhhhhhh!!! lol).

What time are you hoping to run at Firenze @Dazzler20? I feel your photos are bound to blow the group away!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Nice deadlift @hanlonsk Well done!!!

I’ve just started crossfit, but am keen to join their barbell club when they let me. Tonight we did front squats and overhead squats. Oh my muscles are going to hurt the next few days!!!