Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Truthful Thursday: My sister didn't feel like cooking last night so we ate pizza (and salad) which wasn't too bad in itself, BUT then we got a donut after! So I went over my calories yesterday and had already been having a "hungry" day. But today it's right back on track and tonight going to the gym. Won't let one meal ruin all my progress!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: LaDana
    Height: 5' 2"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th):271
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 260

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 270
    2. Sept. 27: 270
    3. Oct. 4: 269
    4. Oct. 11: 268
    5. Oct. 18: 271
    7. Oct. 25: 272
    8. Nov. 1: 269
    9. Nov. 8: 270
    10. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week: +1
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -1
    Total overall weight lost so far: 33
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Have been busy today and believe it or not it's after 3pm here and I haven't eaten lunch yet! As soon as I'm done posting, I'm headed to the kitchen. I had no idea it was so late!
    @verybusybee Great loss this week! Congrats!
    @birdygirl15 The photos are so pretty! Way to go on being down 1 this week! And you, too, @lydiapassthedonuts Way to go this week! Keep up the good work!
    @happygirlxxx Ah, you are in my original hometown. I was born and raised in NYC but no longer live there. Have a fantastic time there. It's an awesome place to visit. Be careful of all the culinary temptations though. NYC has the best food in the world. (an exaggeration I'm sure. I've been to many countries in the world and many have food just as great!)
    @jam5660 I hope you find some answers from your doctor. Good idea to talk to him/her.
    @mtumale Tsk tsk. Bad girl. LOL Hey, it happens. Now get back on track and eat your good home cooked meals. :) (said with love, to be sure)

Ok, off to the kitchen for some lunch, albeit late. Won't eat too much so I have room for dinner later. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just time for a quick note. @mtumale I feel your pain. I love McDonalds and it's very hard for me to pass one by especially if I'm hungry. Here's a trick I learned that might help you. Do you have a friend that knows you're on this quest to improve your health and lose weight? If so (and assuming you have Bluetooth in your vehicle) call them just before you get to a McDonalds and have them talk to you until you've past the restaurant or until you get to where you are going! Just making it past the initial temptation of pulling in usually makes the urge go away or at least held me until I got home and could eat something on my plan. I do still go to MickeyD's once in awhile but I always plan it as part of my daily calories. :) Hope this helps.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    bapcarrier wrote: »
    Just time for a quick note. @mtumale I feel your pain. I love McDonalds and it's very hard for me to pass one by especially if I'm hungry. Here's a trick I learned that might help you. Do you have a friend that knows you're on this quest to improve your health and lose weight? If so (and assuming you have Bluetooth in your vehicle) call them just before you get to a McDonalds and have them talk to you until you've past the restaurant or until you get to where you are going! Just making it past the initial temptation of pulling in usually makes the urge go away or at least held me until I got home and could eat something on my plan. I do still go to MickeyD's once in awhile but I always plan it as part of my daily calories. :) Hope this helps.

@mtumale ... Barb's idea is a good one for help in passing up the temptation. I did something different, any maybe you'll get your own inspiration to find a McD block as you read other stories ...

I started keeping the receipts from all fast food/take-out meals and then started keeping a simple spreadsheet of the date, location, purchase/tax/tip/delivery charge and what I had ordered. After a couple of months of doing this I had a handle on just how many of my meals and how much of my budget these kinds of meals came to. Then I pledged to only use cash for any fast food/restaurant meals instead of whipping out a card. As time went on I decreased that cash budget so that I was forced to limit how often I splurged on those tasty convenience foods. Eventually it got to the point that when I wanted to pull into one my budget would flash through my mind and the budget-consious part of me would override the temptation.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There's been some discussion about a challenge over holidays. I need to return to my good exercise habits. Anyone interested in setting goals for exercise? Minutes per week. Or simple number of times per week?
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    @jam5660 just notice your goal this challenge was to weigh less. And you've lost 10 lbs. Congrats. Amazing. Woo hoo!!!
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    @BarneyRubbleMD you almost lost 100 lbs since you began losing weight and 8.6 lbs this challenge. Yowza!! Go barney go!!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @BarneyRubbleMD I am glad you got on track after your binge day. That is excellent work right there! I hope you feel okay as you have mentioned binging before?

@tdunnegan That is a fantastic idea! Considering I haven't exercised at all part from walking ... I would be interested in starting,., SLOWLY ☺

@Nikion901 I do love how methodically you approach things.

And @Barb You are doing so good! Keep it up!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Name: Katrena
    Height: 5ft 1/2"

Start Weight (as of 11/1/17): 223.2
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 213

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

8. Nov. 8: 219.8 -3.4
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Linda, thanks for sharing and the photos are awesome. I would love to see your part of the world. I have seen Butchart Gardens in Victoria, BC where they converted a quarry pit into a lovely garden, One of my favorite places.

Nikion - Good idea. I find that if I indulge I get totally out of control, so I try to stay as far away from these places as possible. My weight and my tummy thank me
  • Nikion901
    Options
    newjax2017 wrote: »

@Nikion901 I do love how methodically you approach things.

Thanks ... it's all because of my Scorpio dad trying to teach his dreamy-minded Pisces daughter to settle down and come back to earth! Or maybe it's because of my mathematician Aries mom who could do math in her head faster than I could with a calculator! :)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    KATRENAJ wrote: »

Nikion - Good idea. I find that if I indulge I get totally out of control, so I try to stay as far away from these places as possible. My weight and my tummy thank me

Katrena, I should have kept better control of myself yesterday! I purposefully went to Buffalo Joe's Diner for lunch and had a Rachel sandwich with fries ... It was an inexpensive and filling meal ... $11.00 for the tab but 1400 calories off my allowance! ... (A Rachael sandwich, if people don't know, is like a Rueben made with turkey instead of corned beef.) ... But, that was my first restaurant meal in over 4 weeks! ... And it's the only one I'll allow myself this month.
  • Nikion901
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tdunnegan wrote: »
    There's been some discussion about a challenge over holidays. I need to return to my good exercise habits. Anyone interested in setting goals for exercise? Minutes per week. Or simple number of times per week?

I'm game to set some exercise goals to finish up this year with some public accountability. @newjax2017 expressed interest also .... I don't do 'exercise' in the physical sense very well but have an arsenal of availability to do so.

Would you like to champion this challenge after our weight-loss challenge ends with our final weight on Saturday Nov 18th? ... :)

PS ... just so you know, I think we all agreed back in the beginning of the year that whoever is the champion/moderator/record keeper of a challenge gets to to set the rules around it. :s:*
  • bapcarrier
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Fall Challenge Report - Week 8 Alas, we have not heard from a number of people who originally started this challenge, but for those of us reporting in, we had a 17.4 cumulative weight loss bringing our total up to 136.7 pounds. I'm not going to give the percentages we have achieved as a group until the last report. Just prior to that report I will delete all the people who no longer report and that will give us a more accurate picture of what we have achieved. Kudos to the group this week, almost all of us had a loss and for the couple who didn't they either stayed the same or went up just a little! Great job everyone!

As for an exercise challenge, I'll say maybe.... I hate to exercise - so it would be good for me, just not sure I'm ready for an exercise challenge! @tdunnegan are you willing/able to record for an exercise challenge and are you not reporting for the weight challenge this week or did I somehow miss it?

@RobinB0812 and I are planning to continue with a weekly weigh-in/weight challenge thru the holidays, just to hold ourselves accountable, the consensus was that we would not have a weight challenge over the holidays so I don't expect that too many others will be involved. Everyone is welcome but I totally understand not wanting to participate during this busy and very food orientated holiday season.
  • bapcarrier
    Options
    @lydiapassthedonuts I think it was you that mentioned you realized you had made a mistake in reporting your challenge totals last week. Don't worry I noticed and fixed it. Plus, the spreadsheet program makes many of the calculations and catches errors too. You aren't the only one, there have been others too. :) No problem!
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    bapcarrier wrote: »
    @RobinB0812 and I are planning to continue with a weekly weigh-in/weight challenge thru the holidays, just to hold ourselves accountable, the consensus was that we would not have a weight challenge over the holidays so I don't expect that too many others will be involved. Everyone is welcome but I totally understand not wanting to participate during this busy and very food orientated holiday season.

I will participate over the holidays!
  • bapcarrier
    edited November 2017
    Options
    oops, Sorry @lydiapassthedonuts it wasn't you it was @jennordhavn that mentioned a miscalculation, which I did correct...just forgot who it was. :)

@jennordhavn I'll count on you for our holiday mini challenge! My goal may be just to not gain any weight, I'm not sure yet! LOL Whatever it is, it won't be a big number.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @KATRENAJ and @b_lisieux

You're welcome with my photos. I've had a quick look for videos online about the area I live in if you want to see more. These two, while a few years old, give a reasonable view of the coastline and countryside near me. From the bus tour one (it's actually a public bus route) I live between the village called Abbotsbury and Weymouth, where the bus turns around. Weymouth is only 2 miles from me.

The Weymouth and Portland video shows the quarries I was talking about and something of the Isle of Portland. The whole coast between a place called Exmouth and east to Swanage is a UNESCO World Heritage site, known as the Jurassic Coast, due to the astonishing geology. It is a mecca for fossil hunters, we've got the lot here :)

There are hundreds of videos on YouTube, check the side bar for others if you watch either of the ones above. This one was filmed from a drone quite recently, and while a bit "arty" and the aerial shots disorientating, it shows beautifully the dynamic coastline to the east of me. The huge arch of rock is very famous, called Durdle Door, and the ruined castle is Corfe Castle, dates back to the 11th Century.

Enough of the tourist promotion, but I love where I live, it is a very beautiful part of our little island. :) I hope you get to visit sometime, but watch that knee - our rocky coasts are tricky!

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @birdygirl115 Wow, is about all I can say about where you live! What a beautiful part of the world. The drone video reminds me of things I saw in Ireland. I can see why you love where you live! Thank you for taking the time to look up the links. I really enjoyed them both. The only thing I really saw in England was London so never got to see the countryside. I did spend a lot of time in Ireland though. It was a huge adjustment for us to drive on the opposite side of the road. We did ok though. It took some getting used to. I wonder why our countries differ on that; why you don't drive the way we do or why we don't drive like you do.

My Saturday success was losing 3lbs on WI yesterday. I was very happy. :) As for holiday challenges, I think I'll skip it. My goal is to stay the same (but my hope is to lose some) and I track it myself on MFP. I know what to do and how to do it. If I go nuts over the holidays I'm only hurting myself and I wouldn't do that. I'm pretty good at being accountable to me (and to my husband). I normally gain about 10lbs during the holidays, so even if I stayed the same, that's a big improvement. If I could manage to lose even 1lb, that would be a huge success. :) My WI day is Friday, so I'm a little afraid of the day after Thanksgiving, which is not only a food related type holiday, but it's also my birthday, not a good combo. LOL I also have a dinner out the Tuesday before and a party the night before. Hoping to keep the damage to a minimum that week! Have a great Saturday everyone!