40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    thanks! yup...first 1 halfer!!! wasn't as bad as i thought it would be (still not "easy" though). i think the cold weather acctually helped (didn't post temp...because my weather app has a potty mouth)...and that i acctually trained for it, LOL!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Did an hour of strength training (hand & leg weights) this morning. I recently moved up to 5 lb dumbbells, and I think I may need to go back to 3 lb for some of the exercises (stuff that has me lifting my arms out fully extended at shoulder height - the 5 lb feels a little much). Then I ran 1.5 miles, not my fastest, but it was kind of cold. Worked for a while & just spent 25 minutes on the stationary bike (5.3 miles).

The weird thing is, I'm not hungry. It seems like the more exercise I get, the less hungry I feel. Bizarre!

We just got a new digital scale. I can't wait to use it tomorrow. It's very frustrating trying to accurately track your weight on a cheapo spring scale!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids...Gam3rguy, more bling to your wall of fame. You rock. Quikdogs, hope you are feeling better. Hot Pilates and upper body lifting is done. Have a great day kids.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    I'm new and COOL as hell. ;)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    I did cardio on Friday and Saturday. Will lift tomorrow. Am aiming to stick to two meals per day and just be compliant. The lbs were coming off when I just did that. BOOM!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I did cardio on Friday and Saturday. Will lift tomorrow. Am aiming to stick to two meals per day and just be compliant. The lbs were coming off when I just did that. BOOM!

I lost about 15lbs in 6 weeks doing that in the I/F way. :)

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    I ran 4 miles tonight and it felt great!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Strength and endurance Day :)

Warm up
    skipping 1 minute x 5 alternating with
    Pushups 7-6-7-6-7
    Situps 7-6-7-6-7

Front squats:
    8 x 34kg
    10 x 34kg
    10 x 38.6kg
    10 x 38.6kg
    6 x 38.6kg

Back squats:
    10 x 61kg
    10 x 70kg
    8 x 79kg
    8 x 79kg
    10 x 79kg

Deadlifts:
    10 x 79kg
    10 x 79kg
    10 x 81.6kg
    10 x 81.6kg
    10 x 81.6kg
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Tonight is happy hour followed by strength training - should be FUN!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Morning kids, I was rear ended and couldn't make it to the gym this morning. My daughter and I are stiff and no major injuries. UGH, I do not have time for this nonsense. Have a great day kids.
  • djchaney73
    djchaney73 Posts: 289 Member
    Hello all, name is Dave I am 44 and live in central Ohio. Looking forward to speaking with ya'll.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs" & "21 Day Fix: Upper Fix"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Morning kids, I was rear ended and couldn't make it to the gym this morning. My daughter and I are stiff and no major injuries. UGH, I do not have time for this nonsense. Have a great day kids.

sorry to hear that. feel better soon.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    @caramelgyrlk Wow! That's awful! Glad you and your daughter weren't badly injured.
    Welcome, @djchaney73 ! I'm new here, too.
    My new digital scale tells me I'm down to 170.6... down almost 2 1/2 pounds since I started here on 11/4.
    I just ran a mile and a half, at my best time so far for that distance (ran a mile a little faster before, but lost it on the last 1/2 mile). I'm starting to feel so much stronger. Now to hold it together over Thanksgiving...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member

Glad neither of you were badly injured!!!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Yesterday's workout: I decided to do more cardio,

Warmup:
    1km outdoor run
    5 x 1 minute interval skipping

Superset 1 - 4 rounds
    Flat dumbbell chest press 18kg x 15 reps
    Dumbbell Bent Over Row 18kg x 10 reps

Superset 2 - 4 rounds
    Band Tricep Pulldown x 15 reps
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl (alternating) 9kg x 30 reps

Cardio:
    Skipping - single-unders
    50-40-30-20-10
    250m run after each set
  • djchaney73
    djchaney73 Posts: 289 Member
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Yesterday's workout: I decided to do more cardio,

Warmup:
    1km outdoor run
    5 x 1 minute interval skipping

Superset 1 - 4 rounds
    Flat dumbbell chest press 18kg x 15 reps
    Dumbbell Bent Over Row 18kg x 10 reps

Superset 2 - 4 rounds
    Band Tricep Pulldown x 15 reps
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl (alternating) 9kg x 30 reps

Cardio:
    Skipping - single-unders
    50-40-30-20-10
    250m run after each set

Awesome job.. also that profile pic is amazing... you look so much better without the tiara :) (Just kidding, great job)
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis" & "21 Day Fix: Lower Fix"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Good day kids. The owner of the Pilates/Yoga studio told me to come in and just lay in the heat and stretch. I did that and I wasn't as stiff. I will repeat stretching today in the heat. Thanks for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. Have a great everyone.