Has anyone ever been dumped because of their weight?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband didn't like the weight I gained after I had our son .. so I lost it .. then he left. It was just a way to try and blame me for him leaving basically.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    A guy I was casually dating once told me that when he put his hands where my butt was SUPPOSED to be, he was disgusted and to give him a call if I gained some weight. :noway: :noway:
  • lollysim
    lollysim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was in exactly the same position my then bf dumped me because I wasn't pysically his type, he Told me he adores my personality but doesn't like parts of me!! He said he prefers girls with long hair and didnt find my choice of underwear attractive!! After that comment I told him where to go I realised I ignored the red flags in the relationship and learned a harsh lesson. But since I've been looking after myself and enjoying the things I like doing :) keep positive and keep smiling. Don't let this experience change you, you seem lovely and he seems like an idiot. I know where your coming from and it does knock your self esteem but it's gives us a chance to get stronger and fitter ;) I cannot wait till I get to my goal im doing this for myself onwards and upwards good luck :) xx
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Whoa, how and why did this zombie thread get resurrected?

Looks like OP's no longer on MFP, but I hope she's doing well.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    edit: Ancient thread - wtf?
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Not really but had sex withheld. My first husband I was 103lbs when we met. He turned out to be a very abusive drunk. I gained 100lbs in the marriage eating my feelings and maybe to protect myself.

I finally left and lost 60 lbs very quickly. Like a dummy I got with the first person after my divorce. I gained some weight and then began losing and after I'd lost 60lbs, he tells me I was too old for him and wanted a divorce.
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You were losing the weight at a good rate and he still let you go. Sounds like a poor excuse to me.

Think of it long term. If you had a baby together you would change. He sounds very immature and fortunately you can hold your head up high.

Just carry on your weight loss that you want and when you bump into him feeling slim and sexy you can turn him down!
  • SincerelyHiatus
    SincerelyHiatus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Success is the best revenge.

^THIS. SO MUCH YES
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If he is going to act like that you deserve better anyway!
  • AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think I was dumped today for the same reason...so I'm on a mission...
  • NoExcusesRachel
    NoExcusesRachel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been dumped after 8.5 years. He started saying he didn't want a fat wife. When we met I was sick and went to 230 pounds. He loved me then. I lost weight 160, gained 20 back after a bad car accident and stress from his depression. He came home at told me grossed him out. (In much meaner ways) I left. Myself and everyone who loves us doesn't understand. We know he had depression and body image issues. I'm not that fat. It's been devasting but I can't help how he feels.
  • shellfish85
    shellfish85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    u5ebgsf10qve.png
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My ex husband called it off after 4 years and 4 children because I was fat. I was and still am 165 pounds, but 120 lbs when first married. He and his then new girlfriend made jokes about my weight and laughed at me to my children. After 2 years, his girlfriend became heavier than me and he dumped her for being fat. I guess the joke is on her because he still remains a shallow jerk. Now he is dating a skinny girl, but she makes him be nice to me. She yells at him all the time. But I feel bad for her because he is so shallow, he will leave her if she loses her health. He is not in it for sickness and in health.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    tenor.gif?itemid=3447515
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have been dumped after 8.5 years. He started saying he didn't want a fat wife. When we met I was sick and went to 230 pounds. He loved me then. I lost weight 160, gained 20 back after a bad car accident and stress from his depression. He came home at told me grossed him out. (In much meaner ways) I left. Myself and everyone who loves us doesn't understand. We know he had depression and body image issues. I'm not that fat. It's been devasting but I can't help how he feels.

Sounds like your weight isn't the issue - his issues are.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    tuolon wrote: »
    My ex husband called it off after 4 years and 4 children because I was fat. I was and still am 165 pounds, but 120 lbs when first married. He and his then new girlfriend made jokes about my weight and laughed at me to my children. After 2 years, his girlfriend became heavier than me and he dumped her for being fat. I guess the joke is on her because he still remains a shallow jerk. Now he is dating a skinny girl, but she makes him be nice to me. She yells at him all the time. But I feel bad for her because he is so shallow, he will leave her if she loses her health. He is not in it for sickness and in health.

Wow, he sounds horrendous!! Wonder what it'll take for him to change that heinous personality of his
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply altagracia. Your comment made me feel better about the situation. I hope you have a great day. :)