Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Dr Jason Fung - The Useless Concept of Calories

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    That was a waste of 4 minutes.....

You actually bothered to click the link?

I'm not interested in anything Fung has to say. He's a woo-spouting crackpot and is a laughingstock amongst evidence-based nutrition/physiology experts.

It was humorous when he popped into the ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition) Facebook group. He was absolutely crucified in there.

That ISSN thread was the best thread ever on Facebook.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member

I'm not interested in anything Fung has to say. He's a woo-spouting crackpot and is a laughingstock amongst evidence-based nutrition/physiology experts.

It was humorous when he popped into the ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition) Facebook group. He was absolutely crucified in there.

That ISSN thread was the best thread ever on Facebook.

Please tell me someone has a link to that thread.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member

Are there Screenshots of that?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Either way, Fung is a nephrologist who has woven just enough actual science into all his pseudo/junk science to almost sound convincing, but he's been torn apart by plenty of experts with actual knowledge about physiology and nutrition. He's another Dr. Oz - a physician who's sold his soul to the almighty dollar, peddling snake oil and shoveling in money by the bucketloads from gullible, desperate people.

It's rather telling that when you Google his name, some of the first links to his "work" are to dietdoctor.com, Jimmy Moore's keto site and Mercola's site. You can almost fill up your woo bingo card from that first page of search results.

Isn't dietdoctor His own Site? It talks about him enough to be at least.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    If calories are a lie, what would Fung (or other doctors who accept his theories) recommend for a patient who needed to gain weight or maintain their weight?

I was wondering the same thing. A bag of Skittles a day? As long as it raises insulin right.. haha
This discussion has been closed.