Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Name: Barney
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 227.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 213.4 lbs (aiming for 1.6 lbs/week this time since I need to slow my loss a bit)

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 226.0 lbs
    2. Sept. 27: 224.6 lbs (woo hoo!...I'm finally BELOW the Morbidly Obese category!!!).
    3. Oct. 4: 222.6 lbs (on vacation Sept 28 - Oct 4, actually weighed in Oct 5th).
    4. Oct. 11: 222.6 lbs (stalled!)
    5. Oct. 18: 219.4 lbs (recovered from stall)
    6. Oct. 25: 218.2 lbs
    7. Nov. 1: 220.4 lbs (gained!...I haven't gained since May 8, 2017--the day after my last binge!)
    8. Nov. 9: 219.2 lbs (binged on 11-4-2017 consuming 7300+ calories that day) but back on track next day.
    9. Nov. 15: 230.2 lbs (binged every day last week).
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week: + 11 lbs
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: + 2.4 lbs
    Total overall weight lost so far: - 86.8 lbs
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Linda
    Height: 5ft 2ins

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 294lbs
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 276lbs

1. Sept. 20: 291.5
    2. Sept. 27: 291
    3. Oct. 4: 291
    4. Oct. 11: 288
    5. Oct. 18: 287
    6. Oct. 25: 289
    7. Nov. 1: 283.5
    8. Nov. 8: 282.5
    9. Nov. 15: 283.5

Weight -/+ this week: +1lbs
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -10.5lbs
    Total overall weight lost so far: 38.5lbs since February '17

I'm another one with a small gain this week, not sure why, lack of exercise maybe. I'm busy, lots to do but not necessarily things that involve much physical effort. I seem to be really tired all the time and not sleeping well.

Still, trying to be positive, I've still shifted a reasonable amount so far, and yet again I am pruning my wardrobe of oversized clothes. My hairdresser was cooing over my visible weight loss, and, grabbing a handful of loose material on the side of my jeans, said "Look, all this extra!" :D Bless her - so those jeans are downgraded to gardening duties and I went shopping - again! I was thrilled, as I was comfortably into the next size down for me in jeans from a shop with notoriously mean sizing. I didn't buy them as although the waist and hips felt fine, I do have huge thighs and the legs felt tight (genetic - thanks, Dad! Why couldn't I have got Mum's lovely slim legs? LOL). But still, I was in, zipped up with ease - and it felt good.

I've just been into my stash of clothes under the bed, with little notes pinned to everything telling myself that 12lbs ago, this and that were too tight/small. Later I will try them on, see what I can use now. My wardrobe is overstuffed, I do buy a lot, silly really, and as I lose weight, there is so much more choice. Help! :D
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2017
    Holiday Exercise Challenge

Name: Lydia

Goal: Minimum of 150 minutes of activity per week. My activity will include walking, gym, workout videos, and anything else I can do without injuring myself.

November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @happygirlxxx You just got back from vacation, trust me, that extra weight will come off as you begin to get back to normal eating.

@newjax2017 Too many carbs does me in too, at least that is what I have noticed over the years. I still eat them of course, but try to eat more nutritious ones and fewer processed ones. You are figuring it all out and have a plan. Pat yourself on the back!

@jam5660 Salt will do us in all the time. The good news is the weight drops as soon as we don't continue on high sodium. Drink lots of water, watch your salt intake for now and you will see a loss. Your gain is only temporary!

@bapcarrier I hope you feel better. Nobody thinks dieting when they don't feel well. You will get back to Onederland, no worries there. In the meantime, take good care of you!

@birdygirl15 You may have had a small gain on the scale but you had a huge loss with fitting in smaller clothes! What a thrill that is! And it's always a great mind booster when someone actually notices our new size. That alone is a huge mental boost and motivator. Keep up the good work and enjoy wearing all of your newfound clothes!

@BarneyRubbleMD You have a fantastic overall weight loss. Now that you've got your binging out of the way, you'll get back on track and start the downward trend again. You've come so far and don't want to get back to where you were. You can lose that gain, you've got this.

Have a great Thursday everyone and to those who are feeling a bit under the weather, feel better soon!

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Here we go!!

Name: Ana

Goal: Exercise 3 x week for 45 minutes.

November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10

@b_lisieux fingers crossed!! hope to lose the weight quickly. When I just got back weighted myself and I had gained 5lbs, so actually not that bad considering all I ate while on vacation but with family visiting we have been trying for them to enjoy as much as possible of what Milan has to offer ... so that has included a lot of food .... the other day had ravioli filled of risotto with a pecorino sauce ... I was in heaven! Last night had some gelato and dulce de leche yum!! So even though quantity is not huge, definitively rich in calories.

I have not seen the weekly report yet posted by Barb, so I might have time to weigh-in tomorrow and scare myself a bit LOL ... that might get me into gear to start dieting again :)

@Nikion901 love your last sentence ... "To love myself as I am allows me to help myself do better because I am worthy" ... very true!!

@newjax2017 might not finish the challenge, but definitively not dropping off from the group!! Its just that I think I am so far off my goal, that I am scare of stepping on the scale :D but reality is that eventually I will have to ... its either now, next week but need to number to use as reference (even though I can feel my pants a but tighter and my boobs (TMI?) bigger ... so that is why I know definitively more than 5lbs). Anyway, need to put on my big girl pants and face the scale!! ;)

Have a great Thursday you all!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member

Name: LaDana

Goal: Walk or do Wii exercise at least 15 minutes a day - 5 times a week

November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10

I have struggled so. I had decided I was not going to do another challenge right away. However, I am kind of excited about this one since it is exercising. We will see how this goes.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Sept 16th): 249.2
    Goal Weight (Nov 18th): 239.9

1. Sept 20: 249
    2. Sept 27: 249
    3. Oct 4: -- 248.6
    4. Oct 11: - 247.8
    5. Oct 18: - 249
    6. Oct 25: - 249.8
    7. Nov 1: -- 251.4
    8. Nov 8: -- 250.6
    9. Nov 15: - 252.2
    Final Weigh in: Nov 18:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.6
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: +3
    Total overall weight loss: -33.6

*sigh* I have no words. I've completely lost control. I am struggling but I am NOT giving up. I will continue to weigh in and post here every week whether I am alone in doing so or not. I fear that if I don't hold myself accountable to at least posting my weigh-ins here, I will stop logging my food and eventually stop logging on to MFP altogether. In addition, I will do the exercise challenge also.

Goal: Meet my Steps goal 5x/week

November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3

I don't know about anyone else but I think the time change has affected my progress (or lack thereof). I was doing well taking my big fur baby for a walk nearly everyday. Now that it is dark by the time I get home, there has been virtually no walks. My energy, in general, has been pretty awful. I am equating the two.

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!

45398632.png
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    RobinB0812 wrote: »
    FALL CHALLENGE

Start Weight (Sept 16th): 249.2
    Goal Weight (Nov 18th): 239.9

1. Sept 20: 249
    2. Sept 27: 249
    3. Oct 4: -- 248.6
    4. Oct 11: - 247.8
    5. Oct 18: - 249
    6. Oct 25: - 249.8
    7. Nov 1: -- 251.4
    8. Nov 8: -- 250.6
    9. Nov 15: - 252.2
    Final Weigh in: Nov 18:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.6
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: +3
    Total overall weight loss: -33.6

*sigh* I have no words. I've completely lost control. I am struggling but I am NOT giving up. I will continue to weigh in and post here every week whether I am alone in doing so or not. I fear that if I don't hold myself accountable to at least posting my weigh-ins here, I will stop logging my food and eventually stop logging on to MFP altogether. In addition, I will do the exercise challenge also.

Goal: Meet my Steps goal 5x/week

November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3

I don't know about anyone else but I think the time change has affected my progress (or lack thereof). I was doing well taking my big fur baby for a walk nearly everyday. Now that it is dark by the time I get home, there has been virtually no walks. My energy, in general, has been pretty awful. I am equating the two.

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!

45398632.png

I am with you. You are not alone. Your my inspiration!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Hello wonderful group! Wow. I have just read the last couple of pages and you all motivate me so much. If it's cool, I would like to join in the Holiday Exercise Challenge.

Name: Cyndy

Goal: Go to gym 3x a week - At work do the building stairs (3 floors) 2 times a day

November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10

I am just re-beginning to focus and get serious about improving my health. I've got lots of weight to lose but so much more to gain.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    @happygirlxxx I usually post the Challenge Report on Friday due to my schedule and the fact that quite a few people don't report until Thursday or even Friday morning so if you post your weigh in before I post the report I'll include you. It looks like a lot of us had gains this week including myself so you won't be alone! No matter what our scales read, we are a fearless group and we aren't going to let a gain get us down!!!

@BarneyRubbleMD don't let this week get to you, we all have them and you will get back on track, I'm sure. I know binging is a problem for you but maybe your body is trying to say slow down or let's take a short maintenance break after all you have lost a lot of weight in a relatively short amount of time. Be proud of yourself, we are proud of you!

Welcome to the new people.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Oh well I am back to where I started this challenge. Hopefully I can lose it soon and continue my journey since I am way behind where I expected to be by now :/ but I don’t regret it because I did enjoy my vacation :)

FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Ana

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 156.8
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 148

1. Sept. 20: 155.7
    2. Sept. 27: 153.4
    3. Oct. 4: 156.5
    4. Oct. 11: 153.7
    5. Oct. 18: 155.4
    6. Oct. 25: 152.4
    7. Nov. 1: vacation!
    8. Nov. 8: vacation!
    9. Nov. 15: 156.6

Weight -/+ this week: - 4.2
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: - 0.2
    Total overall weight lost so far: - 72.8
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    I'll join the holiday exercise challenge. I have been exercising everyday for 42 days now as my personal goal of 97 in a row. Some days is just getting in steps but none the less I am focused on moving every day.
    So here is goes
    Name: Andrea
    Goal: Do something active daily and a 30 minute workout 3x a week plus weights
    November 22
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @Nikion901 You are truly an inspiration! And I love the sentence that says "I am worthy". How very very true!

@happygirlxxx You will lose that weight as fast as it went on. I had a very similar scenario when I got back from my vacation and the next week, was right back on track and dropped it all. I think overall, based on your trip, 5 pounds wasn't bad. And look at your overall loss! It's fantastic. Trips will happen, as will company and events. The trick is getting right back on track. I know that feeling of fear to face the scale.

@RobinB0812 Hang in there, get back on track. Everyone struggles. The key is you are not giving up, so give yourself some credit. You know what to do and how to do it. You can do this!

Welcome to the new people. :smiley:

All of us face struggles, ups and downs, vacations, parties, visitors, social events. We do the best we can and move on. Some days are easier to do better, others are harder, but we never give up, we get right back to it and we have no regrets. It's all a matter of choices and if on any one particular day or meal we choose to make choices that will surely show us a gain, that's ok, you eat it, you enjoy it, you honestly track it and you move forward. No one can be perfect at this every minute of every day. But with the motivation and support from this group, we can all do this!! I face a challenging week coming up food-wise. WI today was down 2.75 but next Friday I am sure will not be so good...I WI the day after Thanksgiving. (and remember those 6 kinds of ice cream? :smiley: ) Thanksgiving also happens to be my birthday...not a good combo because the family birthday dinner is the next day, on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I also have another Thanksgiving meal on Tuesday night with a women's group. I know Tuesday is usually when we can post our goals but I'm doing it now, as next week is going to get away from me. Have something going on most every day and night all of next week. My goal is to weigh no more than I did today at WI, by the time I get back from vacation in early January. That takes me through all the holidays and a 6 day vacation. I hope to stay the same, but of course will try to lose. I now take it one meal at a time, not a day. If I have a big event at night, I am more careful during the day and choose lower calorie things. I don't blow the whole day for one event in the day, nor do I blow the entire season from now until after New Year's. I may blow it on certain meals or at a party, but not the entire season, which is a whole new mindset for me. :wink:

I wish everyone a great weekend!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Right ON! @b_lisieux ... not gaining during the Holiday season is a mighty fine goal to have. And if we do gain it, like you said ... get right back to it afterwards.

Today would have been my dads birthday. This has made me reflective and melancholy. I think today would be a good day to do something active outside in the fresh air.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Linda
    Height: 5ft 2ins

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 294lbs
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 276lbs

1. Sept. 20: 291.5
    2. Sept. 27: 291
    3. Oct. 4: 291
    4. Oct. 11: 288
    5. Oct. 18: 287
    6. Oct. 25: 289
    7. Nov. 1: 283.5
    8. Nov. 8: 282.5
    9. Nov. 15: 283.5
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18: 283

Weight -/+ this week:-0.5lbs
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -11lbs
    Total overall weight lost so far: 39lbs since February '17

A teeny loss to finish this challenge, although the bathroom scales shimmy up and down a few pounds, so this is the weight they show most consistently this morning. Don't know why, the floor hasn't moved, new battery - the scales teased me earlier with 281.5 lbs, but quickly went back to 283. It is my habit to get on and off the scales several times in the morning, pre and post, umm, ablutions and shower. Maybe I should quit the leave-in conditioner on my hair some days, that must weigh a bit, right? :D:D

Many thanks to everyone for their support and the chat. Good luck to you all doing the exercise challenge, no good my joining in that, I'd fail most weeks, and I have another unexpected trip away in 10 days time, which throws my Christmas planning into disarray. Time for a To Do list and quick! :o

If it's OK, I'll drop in occasionally to see how you are all doing and let you know when I reach my current mini-goals. Especially getting under 280lbs, as that will be 19st-something in UK measures, and a little triumph for me personally.

Have a great time over the various holidays coming up, wherever you all are in the world, and many thanks, @bapcarrier for recording for us this time. Overall, we will show a decent loss, I'm sure, so in advance, well done to all B)
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Barb

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 209.6
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 199.6

1. Sept. 20: 207.2
    2. Sept. 27: 204.8
    3. Oct. 4: 204.4
    4. Oct. 11: 201.8
    5. Oct. 18: 202.4 Birthday
    6. Oct. 25: 202.6
    7. Nov. 1: 199.6
    8. Nov. 8: 199
    9. Nov. 15: 200.2
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18: 199.4

Weight -/+ this week: -.8
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -10.2
    Total overall weight lost so far: -58.6

Whew, back in wonderland and met my goal! Let's hope the scale continues to go down or at least stay the same thru the upcoming holiday season!

@Birdygirl15 please do keep us updated on how you are doing and also what is happening in your busy life! Hearing from so many people, sharing victories, struggles and just everyday life is what keeps this thread so interesting and motivating. :smile:

@b_lisieux thanks for all your "cheerleading" you always have such supportive things to say. It sounds like you have a real challenge of your own coming with not only several Thanksgiving meals but also your birthday, and that ice cream! (I'm licking my lips. :smiley: ) You have a good plan worked out ahead and I'm sure that you'll succeed! l But, like you say even if you gain a little, now you are ready to continue and not let it derail you!! You've got this.

I have to get going, will post final challenge results as soon as everyone has reported in, probably tomorrow morning! Best wishes, everyone.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Name: Niki
    Height: 62.5 inches

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 234.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 229.9

1. Sept. 20: 235.2
    2. Sept. 27: 234.9
    3. Oct. 4: 230.7
    4. Oct. 11: 231.2
    5. Oct. 18: 233.6
    6. Oct. 25: 230.5
    7. Nov. 1: 229.5
    8. Nov. 8: 227.9
    9. Nov. 15: 227.8
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18: 227.4

Weight -/+ this week: -0.4
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -7.0

Total overall weight lost so far: -51

Like Linda, I also had a small move down to finish off this challenge. @Birdygirl15 .... don't stop coming to this thread just because you won't be in the Holiday Exercise Challenge. You are a part of this team of folks all dedicated to same goal. The challenges we ran this year helped us come together in our common task, and I don't know if we will have any next year or not ... but I know I'll still come back to check in even if we don't.

At one time we used to do small monthly challenges like "Eat your Greens", "Count your Calories", and @RobinsEgg, @Skinnyjeanzbound, @Lauriek70, or someone else would put out a shout post in the middle of the month to remind us to put out suggestions for the coming months.

Obviously, however this thread goes in the future depends on those who stop by and I certainly hope it continues because it's been a good support network for many of us.

Saturday Success .... I finally finished (99%) a few projects at home this week ... 1, Moved the furniture in the bedroom, moving some pieces out, others in and everything in a new spot, which included having to go through all the storage spaces and organizing/clearing. ... 2, Same thing in the front hall (which is 4 feet by 19 feet) ... Got the snow thrower ready for winter ... made sure it worked, had plenty of fuel, was positioned close to the garage door. Let it snow! (We are slated to have Lake Effect snows in my area this weekend, which is always a toss-up in my neighborhood if it will be scant or a an avalanche!)

Next time :) Niki
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6ft

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 182.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 180 to 185 (goal is to MAINTAIN! No need to include my weight fluctuations in group's weekly stats)

1. Sept. 20: 182.2
    2. Sept. 27: 182.2
    3. Oct. 4: 185.0
    4. Oct. 11: 180.4
    5. Oct. 18: 182.2
    6. Oct. 25: 183.8
    7. Nov. 1: 180.8
    8. Nov. 8: 183.8
    9. Nov. 15: 188.4
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18: 185.4. FINAL

Weight -/+ this week: -3.0 since Wednesday
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: +3.0

Total weightloss since April 2016: ~120#s

Yay! Back in (almost) maint range. The final few pounds will come off over the next few days - just in time for the Thanksgiving food bacchanalia :D . But that's life...

Best wishes to all,
    Birgit