Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow. due to circumstances beyond our control, it's just going to be me, hubby & dogs.First time ever we're not having a family dinner but it's ok. We're going to give some dinner away to one of our sons, him & wife have to work & they're all sick too(they have 5yr old) give some to our neighbors & the lady i take care of plus I'm pet sitting my friends 4 big dogs so I have to go there 3-4 times/day as they are in crates while they're gone till friday. I'm still going to brine our turkey, make mashed potatoes, stuffing & cranberrys. Not making any dessert sin our youngest son makes the best cake in the world from scratch & said he'll bring me one in the morning so I will have some of that, plus hubby tries so hard to stay away from sweets, I don't like pumpkin either otherwise I'm having just turkey & potatoes & eating within my calories because my body gets real sick if I overeat as I've shared how sick I got in the past when I did that
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, @Evamutt !

I blew it tonight. Like, 358 calories blew it. I'll be in the hotel gym in the morning, then I'll run 2 miles, and at least at Thanksgiving I can control my portions, unlike the restaurant, where delicious food kept appearing in front of me. I have to remember, there will only be 2 days of insane eating- today and tomorrow.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Morning! Measured myself today and to my surprise, my binges and now going without tracking have not made me gain the -1kg I lost (at least measurement wise).
    Feeling a lot calmer now and not overwhelmed. Not opening the app feels like such a relief.

I feel like I'm the only non-American here! :D Happy Thanksgiving guys!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    My Christmas dress came, it fits perfectly, now I actually can't lose till Christmas, cause then it would not be body con. :Dh913rn2csnt1.jpg
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Home everyone had a good feast day. Ours was different, think I mentioned it was just me, hubby & dogs. Our son did bring his cake over this morning. I had an open faced turkey sandwich for lunch and a plate of turkey dinner, a thigh, 1/2 cup of stuffing & about a cup of mashed potatoes. But did have 2 half inch pieces of that chocolate cake. I looked up several postings of choc cake with buttercream frosting & I did weigh it but there was so many to choose from. I have no idea how many calories it really is so I picked the biggest...500cal. Not sure what to do with rest of cake. I don't plan to have a piece every day without knowing the calorie value. Thinking of cutting pieces & freezing it. Anyone have a clue how to choose the right amount of calories? I can weigh the frosting separate i guess
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Evamutt I would just freeze it! Actually I probably would't , I love cake, it would not last in the freezer, who am I kidding haha

Hello!

I've been feeling wonderful this week. Bloat is gone, appetite gets smaller, been sweating at cardio trainings just in general feeling good about myself. Going to spend this Friday eve in the gym too, cause it's the most quiet time.
    Only 4 weeks till going home and moving, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! And only 2 weeks of uni left, which means after that I never will have to eat just so my stomach wouldn't sing opera during a quiet seminar for the entertainment of everyone and my embarrassment :D
    As I say, sugar is sweet again and life is enough :) Been looking back at 2017 a lot lately and overall, it's been eventful, emotional roller coaster, but I feel like life gets better with every year, and I reach more and more goals. I'm sure I will conquer my body sooner than later :)
  • Evamutt
    Options
    ok, I admit it. I can't resist my son's chocolate cake. ugh! I can resist all other sweets & do but not this, so I'm going to have some today & give the rest away later, before dinner. It's not even one pm & had 3 pieces
  • gymprincess1234
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just heard this idea, that when you know you will go over calories, just look at weightloss as a staircase. It's better to consciously take 1 step back and eat the cake, than to say you won't, eat it anyways and then fall 10 steps back by getting all worked up, etc. So, have the cake!
  • keepnguyening
    keepnguyening Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be apart of your core group as well
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @keepnguyening Welcome to join! What's your story?
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Hello!
    Just got home from gym. It's really my church at the moment.
  • gymprincess1234
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    I feel like I'm having a monologue here haha, but it's still a place to be accountable to others, so I will just continue in hope all you Americans will soon be back here and are just recovering after the feast! :D

I've been better mentally this week. 1 week without tracking. Still adjusting to eating intuitively, but I think I will get there again. Thinking about food way less. :) And did 4 gym days this week and going for a run outside today later, cause it's a beautiful and warm day.
    Only weird thing, both yesterday and today I slept for like 12-14h! That's crazy long, but maybe with getting myself all worked up last week, my body needed some extra recovery?
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I'm sure you needed the rest gymprincess, good you're better mentally. I have to get better mentally every morning as my default thinking isn't the best. It wasn't hard to divide up the cake & give it away.Been back on my eating plan since that day.Turkey's just about gone so I have a chicken roasting in the oven. I roast it with breast side down, it's more juicy that way. Today's a work day for me, 12-3 so I skipped the gym & am about to rake up all the leaves from our back yard & patio. I hate all those leaves. Not even our trees. There are 2 hanging over the fence & they leave a big mess. One of them has berries that leave stain on patio if left there.My hubby leaving for bay area tomorrow on bus to get a heart procedure done on tuesday. It's not a serious one, he had it done before. Our dtr will pick him up & take him & bring him home Wednesday-it's 3hrs away. When he leaves tomorrow, I'm planing to paint the living room. He can't stand the smell of paint-gives him headache so this is the perfect time.We're all praying after this procedure his HR will go down to normal & he'll be good for several years to come, if not he'll need a pacemaker.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Evamutt Good job on not eating all the cake! Sending good thoughts to your husband!

I didn't end up going for my run as planned, but 4 cardio sessions this week is good too. Will do better next week.
    Don't know what this tiredness is, but been awake for only 9h and going to bed already. Not feeling ill at all, and I've been eating very much healthily and taking vitamins. The only thing, I've been consuming quite a lot of dairy this week, which I normally never do, cause I am/used to be intolerant (haven't done a blood test this year yet). Maybe my body is tired cause it's hard to process dairy. Hmm, will have to cut it out if this continues.

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Back from my MILs and feeling like garbage. Every freaking time I go in with good intentions and then get completely de-railed. To be fair they go way way overboard on all food. 4 different kinds of stuffing, 4 different kinds of potatoes, 2 different kinds of cranberry sauce, ham AND turkey, 4 different kinds of pie, etc. I'm trying to be kind with myself, but I've felt completely out of control since I started eating my feelings when we were house shopping and I feel like I still haven't gotten back to normal and the holidays aren't helping. I literally have social events every. single. day. this week and weekend and it just keeps going through the end of the month. My stomach hurts, I'm on people overload, and I just need a break from it all. Sorry I'm so grinchy today, I hope you all had wonderful holidays!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I don't know what field you work at, or what professional goals need all this socializing, but just take a break, at least 1 day! Like, what will happen if you don't go to 1 or 2? I always think, what's the worst that can happen, will I even remember this in 5 years? You probably won't remember all the events, but surely the feelings you had at the time, so better take some time for yourself !
  • Liane8
    Liane8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope all of the Americans here had a lovely Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving is in October but we love the Black Friday sales that comes with American Thanksgiving ;). This is week 3 of me starting hot yoga and I have been going 3 times a week. I will try to hit four this week as I am surprisingly loving it. Hoping I can keep it up and not feel discouraged if I don't see the results I want immediately.
  • gymprincess1234
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Liane8 I've tried Bikram yoga once. I love sauna and working out, but 90min in a room with a lot of sweating strangers, trying to catch a breath and keep my balance was not enjoyable at all, so bravo to you for doing it so often. However, is it even healthy to do it so often? You probably drink like 5l of water on yoga days, I found it so dehydrating.
  • Liane8
    Liane8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 It has definitely been a challenge to drink enough water. I completely agree, the first week I felt very dehydrated but it has forced me to drink way more water then I was before. I am using hot yoga as a way to get my moving 3 times a week as I hate the gym. I'm hoping that once I get into a routine of getting myself there that I can slowly start to incorporate the gym as well.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, long time no MFP. :)
    I see some old faces and many new ones here, and the thread is still going strong, well done guys.
    Well it's been a while like I say, for those of you who remember me you may remember my first stumbling block in my health and fitness journey occurred when my beloved Mum died, then just as I was getting myself back on track I got made redundant. Then, just as I'd got a new job and had started to sort myself out, all hell broke loose at work, people quit, there was drama and hassle, and I got bumped up to department supervisor (no extra pay!) and all the stress that goes with that, so had no time to think, much less do anything else. We then got a new boss, and more staff, and I was yet again getting back into a much better routine when I fell down a flight of stairs at my friend's house and broke my back! You couldn't make it up. It's been a really tough 6 months since my accident now, and I'm just starting to get back to regular walks, but a LOT weight has been gained and I am even heavier right now than when I began all this, way back when..
    So, no running for me for some months yet, but the diet has got to start taking precedence again, and I have to keep trying to exercise as much as I can.
    I'm hoping to be back on here full time by the new year when my physiotherapy finishes and I'm feeling better. I'm going to be my friends bridesmaid in October next year, so I will have 10 months to get in shape and not be the 'fat bridesmaid'.....
    Keep at it everybody, I'll pop back in soon. X