vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Dec   3     3.1        3.1 

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 I am so, so sorry for the loss of your mom. I hope you found some comfort in being with your dad in the UK <3

@MNLittleFinn dude stop picking on the poor defenseless trees :D

Feel really lazy only logging 20 on a Sunday but 2 of 3 kids are down with the plague currently.

December 1- 18
    December 2- 52
    December 3- 20

90/626km

2018 Races
    *Gord's Frozen A** 50K, February 19
    *JAJA Trail Marathon, April 1
    *Red Deer Marathon, May 20
    ???Lone Wolf Last Man Standing Race, June 17
    *Cactus Coulee Crawl 30km, TBA June
    *Eddie's Half Marathon, TBA June
    *Run in the Buff 120km TBA August
    *Lost Souls 100 Mile September 7
    ???Lewiston Trail Ultra September 29
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn dude stop picking on the poor defenseless trees :D
    It gave me a funny look and, being of Ulster Scot descent, I had to headbutt it in retaliation.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Back a bit, congrats @PastorVincent on your PR and age group place!

@rheddmobile great job to you and your husband on your 5k. Sounds like you had a great time and what a great race to benefit the kids and have them come out and cheer. Awesome. Yeah, some races are like that with a huge proportion of walkers who don't care about staying out of the way of runners. And amazing job on your weight loss, that's very impressive.

@BruinsGal_91, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. It's so very hard. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your family.

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    11/01/17 :::: 3.0 :::: 3.0
    11/02/17 :::: 9.1 :::: 12.1
    11/03/17 :::: 4.3 :::: 16.3
    December goal = 93 miles

An absolutely gorgeous unseasonably warm day here. I took my girl Stella out for a long hike this morning and then met up with a couple of friends for an early afternoon run. So nice not to have to bundle up! I'm glad to be ahead of my 3 mile a day average goal so far, hopefully that will continue for another week or so before I have to travel and a few other schedule challenges come up.

Edit: Oh, did you notice I changed my profile pic? For whoever it was who was confusing me and @ddmom0811 - @greenolivetree I think it was :)

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I haven't run since my Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, and today I did a 5k jingle bell run. Not my greatest time by a long way. I was jet-lagged, a bit out of condition and an emotional wreck, but I made it. The reason is that my mum passed away a couple of weeks ago and I've been back in the UK to spend time with my dad and sister. I flew home yesterday, and this race was for my mum. I'm going to miss her so very very much.
    I'm sorry for your loss! Racing for your mum was a great thing to do.

• SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @rheddmobile Congrats on your race and weight loss!
    @BruinsGal_91 I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hard to figure my goal for the month... I just started running 5k, and now my trainer wants me to inch up another half mile. So I'll go with 80 miles. It may be low, it may be high.. we'll see.

Today was great. My 11 year old, 8 year old, & husband ran 5k with me. My 8 year old didn't think he could finish, but he did! And my husband had never run 3 miles without stopping to walk before. It's fun to run with my kids, as they inspired me to start running (11 year old runs cross country, 8 year old will next year).

12/1 - 3.1
    12/2 - rest day
    12/3 - 3.1

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Back a bit, congrats @PastorVincent on your PR and age group place!

Thanks! Someone had to take that place, so figured I might as well! :lol:
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 So sorry about your mom. I lost my mom 9 years ago.

@katharmonic Yes, that was me :) Now I'll have no excuse if I get confused.
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Looking at a December goal of 140 (~4.5/Day Avg) with a stretch of 170 (~5.5/Day Avg).

Week 1 of 12/1 to 12/3 : 26

12 days of Xmas days challenge completed -days 1,8 and 12 plus some extra miles that I recorded separately.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    December goal: 75 miles

12/3: 9.1 miles

9.1/75

I started December with 2 rest days but today was my Sunday long run. I always prefer the 1st to be on Sunday so I don't feel like I'm behind even though it all evens out in the end. So far my longest run has been 8.5 but I decided yesterday that I was going to go for 9 today. The weather was nice. It felt a little warmer than the temp showed, but there was also a breeze so it was pleasant. Besides, I'm a Texas girl and I really prefer a little warm to too cold. It was one of those great runs where I just let my mind wander and ran. I was really happy when I hit 9 miles, but I wasn't struggling to get there. Maybe I can run a HM this spring.

@pastorvincent Congrats on the PR! Congrats also to your wife and son!

@rheddmobile Great placement on your 5k! It sounds like it was a little frustrating but still a great time. So far all the races I have done have been pretty small. A large crowd like that might be intimidating.

@BruinsGal_91 I am so sorry about your mom. I'm glad you were able to be with your dad and sister.

@RespectTheKitty Hooray for getting outside and having a great run!

exercise.png

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    12/3 9.41 miles
    Do not usually run on Sunday, but I know Tuesday will be stormy, so will probably rest on that one. Hope everyone has had the grooviest day!
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 I am so sorry for your loss.

@SusanDSME That's great that your family did the 5K together--it is so much fun when they start doing races with you. And then they start beating you! :smile:

Did a slow recovery trail run with my 9 year old before heading off to celebrate his birthday (a bit late!) at the pool. Still sore from the hills yesterday, but did some stretching and PT and ate lots of fruits and veggies.

Goals this month: 90 miles, maintain weight, PT and yoga, add one day of weights per week, register for spring marathon or ultra,

Day/Distance/Comments

Dec 1 Walk outside for about 30 min (rest before race)
    Dec 2 10.2 mi Jackson 50/50 10 mile “Fun Run” 4th female finisher in this crazy steep trail race
    Dec 3 3.4 mi slow recovery run, stretching, PT

Goal: 90 mi
    Done: 13.6 mi
    To go: 76.4 mi
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

Well, the first time it was an accident. I hadn't even intended to run that marathon.

How on earth did that happen?

I guess you weren't around when I described this before. I got a stress fracture in my metatarsals in 2014, and decided to take all of 2015 just running half marathons and long runs with a training group before attempting my first full marathon in September 2016. In March 2015, I ran 20 miles with a buddy who was training for Pittsburgh. Peer pressure forced me into the Buffalo Marathon on Memorial Day. I think I registered something like 8 weeks before race day, after finding one (1) hotel with one (1) room left a mile from the start/finish area. The goal was just to run for 26.2 miles and finish the race. I ended up beating my BQ target by 34 minutes, which created a moral obligation to run Boston 2016.

The irony is, when I got to what I'd planned as my first marathon in September 2016, I ended up face down on the sidewalk a mile from the finish. I had not figured out how to manage a marathon, BQ and completed Boston Marathon notwithstanding. If that had happened in the first marathon I attempted, I probably would have given up on the marathon distance.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Well, the first time it was an accident. I hadn't even intended to run that marathon.

How on earth did that happen?

I guess you weren't around when I described this before. I got a stress fracture in my metatarsals in 2014, and decided to take all of 2015 just running half marathons and long runs with a training group before attempting my first full marathon in September 2016. In March 2015, I ran 20 miles with a buddy who was training for Pittsburgh. Peer pressure forced me into the Buffalo Marathon on Memorial Day. I think I registered something like 8 weeks before race day, after finding one (1) hotel with one (1) room left a mile from the start/finish area. The goal was just to run for 26.2 miles and finish the race. I ended up beating my BQ target by 34 minutes, which created a moral obligation to run Boston 2016.

The irony is, when I got to what I'd planned as my first marathon in September 2016, I ended up face down on the sidewalk a mile from the finish. I had not figured out how to manage a marathon, BQ and completed Boston Marathon notwithstanding. If that had happened in the first marathon I attempted, I probably would have given up on the marathon distance.

Wow! I only joined in November, I must have missed the first telling.

Being a diabetic and being a runner have this in common, you have to become much more aware of how your body uses fuel.
  • Jettaska
    Jettaska Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll join the challenge for 100 km, and I'll divide cross country skiing kilometers by 2. December will be a challenge but isn't this a challenge? As a comment to earlier discussion, I love the term adult onset runner. Much nicer to be that than have adult onset diabetes.
    so far Dec 2 6.5 km
    Dec 3 6.5 km

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Fore the bored folks out there, this week's training log is up on my blog.