**Team D'Terminators - August Challenge** (closed group)

Options

Replies

• megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm a new addition, so I'm catching up a bit here...
    Monday: Jumping jacks done
    Wednesday: Crunches done
    Thursday's Burpees, etc. done

Water done all 4 days, but was way over on calories yesterday :(
    You are doing awesome! Glad to have you here!
  • searbear1980
    Options
    Short and to the point everything done including the bonus mountain climbers
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    everything done except over calories.. >_> im sorry team. ill do better tmr!
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a late starter & excited to be a part of the D'Terminators! I've read through the thread and I think I am pretty well caught up as far as what I need to do. Now I need to get started doing it! My plan is to be caught up on days 1 - 4 by day 6. For now I can be checked off for staying under on cals & over on H2O on the first four days. Also, I am hoping someone can confirm the only bonus challenge was 50 mountain climbers. This is my first group challenge so please fill me in on any need to knows!

Thanks & I look forward to kicking the crap out of August with all of you! :)
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Hi! I'm a late starter & excited to be a part of the D'Terminators! I've read through the thread and I think I am pretty well caught up as far as what I need to do. Now I need to get started doing it! My plan is to be caught up on days 1 - 4 by day 6. For now I can be checked off for staying under on cals & over on H2O on the first four days. Also, I am hoping someone can confirm the only bonus challenge was 50 mountain climbers. This is my first group challenge so please fill me in on any need to knows!

Thanks & I look forward to kicking the crap out of August with all of you! :)

YAY you're here!!! SO excited!! Another team challenged us to 50 mountain climbers yesterday as a bonus. Still not sure if that means we get bonus points for doing them. For those that couldn't do the burpees because of bad knees, the alternative was to do 100 toe touches.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intende

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning D'Terminators! :D

My starting weight was 209, and since I don't have access to a scale on Sundays, I am weighing myself on Fridays. Today's weigh-in was 207.4 (a loss of 1.6 lbs!!!) I was hoping it would be more than that, but I am still happy it was something.

This morning I got up an hour+ early to catch up on the daily exercise challenges. I got everything done w/exception to the 40 ups & downs (which I purposely am leaving for tomorrow's workout). :happy: I did a walk/jog up and down my street (approx 2.2 miles) on top of the other exercises...(I am counting this as "EXTRA" because I normally don't workout on Fridays, with exception to the occassional walk during lunch)

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks-DONE!
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra) -DONE!
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches -DONE!
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs (tomorrow)
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups -DONE! (had to do modified, as I can't do ONE real pushup!)
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges -DONE!

So, it looks like for points so far, I have:
    -->5 points for the exercise challenges
    -->3 points for doing my diary/under calories on Mon, Tue, Thur
    -->4 points for drinking 8+ glasses of water on M, T, W, T

Did I miss anything? Don't think so....was there points for weight loss too?

Hope everyone has had a great week so far!! :D
    -Lyndsey
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I want to say I was under calories on Wednesday too, but I am not positive...I am terrible at estimating, and I know my dinner is not right...
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Alright guys here is our team roster.... this should be final.. but you never know... however, Sunday is the cut off - if someone drops we will NOT be adding on any other members after Sunday... So if your not sure if you can continue and give 110% percent (no excuses) and CHALLENGE yourself during the next 3 weeks, I am asking you to step down and let those that do want to do this in as there is a waiting list to get into the teams. For those of you that are here and plan to stay... Remember to give your 100% every day.. it's a challenge, so yes we expect you to do the daily challenge every day (no excuses) and the weekly challenge every day (no excuses) ..

Due to the ruff week we have had with member dropping/adding Gary has decided that all team members will receive full points for this week... So this is your second chance folks, here on out it's 100% ... If you went over this week, missed a challenge day or just plain didn't feel it, now is your chance to move on and start fresh!!!

Here is our team roster:

Captain itsbigjoesgal
    1 KPaden1221
    2 cjjones007
    3 KerriDodson
    4 CJJones007
    5 kimi131
    6 fitnhealthyccthatsme
    7 mochama12487
    8 megabux
    9 Searbear1980
    10 sarahnicolexoxo
    11 lizziewhan - DROP
    12 rmartin72
    13 JWGF01
    14 xcbballuver
    15 icandothistrish85 - DROP
    16 lore112
    17 egam - DROP
    18 tryontish - SIDELINED
    19 MissConfidence -DROP
    20 FaithHopeTrust - SIDELINE

Add on's are
    baypathgrad
    marlabelle
    miovlb6
    HMKAN
    FzyFrog
    I have 1 more add on pending an email... but this last spot is filled.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    and so we are clear the points system is as follows:

1 point for every day you complete the daily challenge
    - bonus challenges brought on by other teams do not get points - you must do the daily challenge to get exercise points

5 bonus points at the end of the week if everyone does all 6 daily challenges
    - remember EVERYONE must do them

5 bonus points at the end of the week if everyone does the weekly challenge all 6 days
    - note you do not get individual points for this, in this weeks case it was drink 64 oz of water & stay under calories - the entire team must do BOTH to get the bonus points

weight loss points are based on percentage, 1 point for every lb lost i believe... I"m not sure how they are calculating that.
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome new team members!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Due to the ruff week we have had with member dropping/adding Gary has decided that all team members will receive full points for this week... So this is your second chance folks, here on out it's 100% ... If you went over this week, missed a challenge day or just plain didn't feel it, now is your chance to move on and start fresh!!!
    Yay! Now I don't feel quite so guilty for being way over my calories the day before I joined the challenge. I'm crazy-competitive so my overage was really making me mad! ;)

And thanks for all the work you guys are doing putting this together...sounds like a lot to keep track of! You guys are great!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    i did not have inet last night to check in our inet was down... but i completed everything yesterday.. and well on my way today!!! i hope y'all are having a GREAT friday!!
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! I think I am caught up on daily challenges. Here is what I've done, I am saving my extra mile for tomorrow.

1. 100 Jumping Jacks
    2. 100 Burpees
    3. 50 Crunches
    4. 25 Squat Lunges
    5. 25 push ups (non girlie)

Bonus Challenges
    6. 100 stairs (jogging)
    7. 25 Crab Touches (assuming 2 = 1)
    8. 50 Mountain Climbers (assuming 2 = 1)

Please let me know if I missed something. If so, if someone would be so kind as to put what I missed on my profile or in a message that would be super as I won't be able to check back in till late tonight but will have my iPod. I hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday!! :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Here is week 2 guys, it's gonna get harder, but let's kick them where it hurts!!! WMR is going down.. along with it's followers..

UGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2:

Unleashing the Beast Within! This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas. Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.

Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Captain itsbigjoesgal
    1 KPaden1221
    2 cjjones007
    3 KerriDodson
    4 CJJones007
    5 kimi131 - SIDELINE
    6 fitnhealthyccthatsme
    7 mochama12487
    8 megabux
    9 Searbear1980
    10 sarahnicolexoxo
    11 lizziewhan - DROP
    12 rmartin72
    13 JWGF01
    14 xcbballuver
    16 lore112
    17 egam - DROP
    18 tryontish - SIDELINED
    19 MissConfidence -DROP

Add on's are
    baypathgrad
    marlabelle
    miovlb6
    HMKAN
    FzyFrog
    Melroxsox
    RachelJE
    1 spot left - HOlding for someone until I hear back
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow this is getting intense really quickly. Bring on week 2!!!!! We sooo got this.

As for today, I've done all three challenges plus the bonuses. I haven't closed out my diary but I will definitely be under.

Plus I already met my weekly goal of 3500 calories burned and I still have Saturday and Sunday left!!
  • lore112
    lore112 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    challenge done, water done and under cals :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    wow let's hope this is the last time!!

Captain itsbigjoesgal
    1 KPaden1221
    2 cjjones007
    3 KerriDodson
    4 CJJones007
    5 kimi131 - SIDELINE
    6 fitnhealthyccthatsme
    7 mochama12487
    8 megabux
    9 Searbear1980
    10 sarahnicolexoxo
    11 lizziewhan - DROP
    12 rmartin72
    13 JWGF01 - DROP
    14 xcbballuver
    16 lore112
    17 egam - DROP
    18 tryontish - SIDELINED
    19 MissConfidence -DROP

Add on's are
    baypathgrad
    marlabelle
    miovlb6
    HMKAN
    FzyFrog
    Melroxsox
    RachelJE
    SassieCassie08
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm done for the day! Did my pushups and crab touches, but I wasn't around any stairs, so I couldn't do the bonus stair climbs. I'm under calories for the day and I'm at 13 cups of water and counting...
    I also added an extra mile to my run this morning, so I'm all caught up for this week and ready for week 2!

And, I might be jumping the gun on next week's challenge, but I have a recipe to share. On the recommendation of one of my MFP friends, I made Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese for dinner tonight and it was super-delicious! I actually made it for my family as I had already eaten, but it was so good I couldn't resist having one myself. The recipe is here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-prosciutto-and.html
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry to hear about all the drops. That is very sad. I did the challenges crab touchs were a bleep! Stairs kickted my hiney! Water is at 144. Under cals tonight as well! Ready for tomorrow!