40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A few thoughts pretty much in random order, as random is how my mind works

1) I wish I lived somewhere where I could snowshoe without driving to the Sierra
    2) I am happy I live in California though
    3) Rowing season here starts January 1 at 5 am lol
    4) I'm super excited but also nervous as I found out sometimes if there's a problem with the seat you can get ejected from the boat or break a wrist or both. Just, no.
    5) For gam3rguy, do you have trouble lifting on carpet? I built a platform in my garage, as I was too worried about an unstable surface
    6) Day 4 of 100% compliance with my nutrition plan, I'm hungry but not unbearably so. Would really like to lose at least 18 lbs by August.
    7) I'm old so losing weight is pretty hard.
    8) I'm like the only woman EVER to be excited about turning 60! January 1 I get to level up to the 60-65 age group. I'm so excited! I should throw myself a party. After rowing. Who am I kidding, after rowing I'll be taking a nap.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @QuikDogs - you are AMAZING! Throw yourself that party, you deserve it.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    5) For gam3rguy, do you have trouble lifting on carpet? I built a platform in my garage, as I was too worried about an unstable surface
    that carpet's not as thick as it looks. it's about 20 years old and well worn. that said, it doesn't bother me and I often lift barefoot. if I feel like deadlifting more than 300# (330 is my pr) my gym has a platform and bumper plates (I do those in just socks).

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    yeah, sdereski - the white people are totally sucking. Although, when you remove the "fundamentalist christians", then white women 77% voted for Jones....so, it is both a white problem AND a fundamentalist problem.

It hurts my stomach that anyone could put down a check-mark for a guy like Moore. Awful.

Anyway, gamerguy - I like your whole set-up and it does make me a bit jealous!

I lifted on Tuesday. I did yoga today. Cardio tomorrow and Saturday. BOOM!
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy Thanks for sharing your setup!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1 & Beast: Abs"=Done!
  • QuikDogs
    Options
    Yahoo! Second dexa scan done. Changes:

Gained 2% bone density
    Lost 4lbs fat (down 2.7%)
    GAINED 5.74 lbs muscle

Net change: gain of ~2lbs

I'm super happy! Though honestly my goal was to lose weight. Whatever.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Another joy with aging.

Colonoscopy day. :'(

For the wife this time :#
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Another joy with aging.

Colonoscopy day. :'(

For the wife this time :#

We really need an "ugh" button.
    Hope she isn't too miserable. Colonoscopies are a whole lot of no fun.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • QuikDogs
    Options
    Low bar back squat last night, 65kg for a triple. I’m definitely getting stronger and also more skilled at the lifts.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    I had a good week.

(i) drank protein shake after every workout
    (ii) drank more water
    (iii) 4 x workouts
    (iv) LNS only once

down 0.8 lbs this week. So I am happy.

I want to lose seven or eight pounds by V-Day. And then will recalibrate.

BOOM!
  • BrenMathers
    BrenMathers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’d like to join if someone could tell me how.
    I am 48, have started and stopped my journey more time than I can count. I am excited to have a group to be a part of that can give me tips and advice to help me keep on the right path.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Had a great week, Over 200 minutes of cardio, lifted and diet was spot on. Paid off with inches lost and scales showed it. :)
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @BrenMathers all you have to do to join is post! Glad to have you here. It's great to be able to encourage each other!
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It rained all day for my first ski trip of the year. But no matter, every day spent out in the woods is the best day ever! I even found a secluded little shelter with an overhang and some dry chairs for me to sit and eat my lunch.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids, I am keeping up with all of your posts and I am inspired still. I went through a painless process of buying a new suv yesterday. Sucks starting over again. Love the new smell...lol.... I am still having back spasms and only allowed to do lower body stuff. Squats and leg presses it is. Have a great day everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Body Beast - I use single weight dumbells (range 3# to 35#), and a ball, I don't have a real bench, but they demo everything on a ball too, so it's not that big a deal.

I find the program super boring, but I find just about all weightlifting super boring. My husband loves the program, he does it all the time and just cycles back to the beginning and starts a new round. So boring. I can manage one round of Beast, and then I'm totally bored of it and do something different. Then I'll come back to Beast later in the year.

I think it's mostly what you like or don't like. It's a solid program, as with anything else you get out of it what you put into it. I find the cardio routine not to be a challenge at all, but I have plenty of other cardio routines to substitute, so that's not a big deal for me.

This is the time of year beachbody usually puts a bunch of stuff on sale, so if you are interested check out the prices, you might get a good deal...I think I picked mine up for $30 a few years back.