30's Corner

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    The 90's and all the guys either thought they were great rappers or skaters and the pants tightly belted just under their butt. I still see some people to do that today and I'm like "Really? Still?"

Also probably middle school, Road Kill t-shirts, Bare Naked t-shirts.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I remember when Kris Kross came out and everyone started wearing their clothes backwards. Does anyone remember the pacifier phase? WTH was THAT about!!!! Oh the sleep overs were so much fun. One of my friends had the game Girl Talk and we would play that at EVERY sleep over. Mad Dog 20/20 was the drink of choice for so many in my high school.

My favorite lunch day at school was when it was vegetable beef soup with grilled cheese sandwich. They had the best grilled cheese sandwiches.

@browneyedgirl749 I always wanted to do that in VB but grew up in Newport News and we were not allowed to travel to that side of the water. So, no cruisin the strip for me.

Ah yes, Kris Kross... I remember when they came out. I was in junior high school. I remember the pacifiers too. I remember playing spin the bottle on my 16th birthday. LOL! Mad Dog 20/20 and Boones Farm... LOL!

When I was in high school, we lived in VB but was on the border of Chesapeake and Norfolk. I wasn't allowed to go to the part of the neighborhood that was in either city. Once my brother and I got our licenses, we still couldn't leave VB unless it was with our parents.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    We used to walk around the neighborhood after school (Freshman & Sophomore year mostly) to see who was home, and what we could get into. Remember no cell phones, and pagers weren't real popular yet, because they were expensive.

One time this girl and I said that we were going to the Homecoming Dance, got dressed up did our hair and everything. We ended up going out with our boyfriends instead. Had a change of clothes in her parent's car. I still have the pictures of us dressed for homecoming. Not one of my prouder moments...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My friend and I would tell our parents we were 'babysitting' but then we'd actually go to parties.
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    emjay6x3 wrote: »
    32 from San Fran. Wait is this to get away from the 40 year olds? or the 20 year olds?

Hello, fellow Nor Cal-ian! I'm in Dublin.

I'm a hop, skip, and a jump away near Brentwood.

Wow! I have never met anyone on here who is that close to me!! Can I send you a friend request?
  • emjay6x3
    Options
    Yeah! I need to go listen to some Linkin Park now. Catch you on the music thread!

RIP, Chester. Don't forget the Trapt!! <3<3<3<3
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    32 from NW FL here, this thread has brought up all kinds of memories.

Any Nick kids remember Stick Stickly? I still have the dang address song memorized!

I grew up in the FL Keys and we had these windows that were layered 3inch wide glass slats that we could slide out and in pretty easy so sneaking out was a regular thing....Then I moved into this house where the 3rd "bedroom" was actually an efficiency off the back of the house with its own keyed entrance so I didn't have to sneak out windows anymore, lol!
  • emjay6x3
    Options
    mkeonem wrote: »

Any Nick kids remember Stick Stickly? I still have the dang address song memorized!

I grew up in the FL Keys and we had these windows that were layered 3inch wide glass slats that we could slide out and in pretty easy so sneaking out was a regular thing....Then I moved into this house where the 3rd "bedroom" was actually an efficiency off the back of the house with its own keyed entrance so I didn't have to sneak out windows anymore, lol!

Write to me, Stick Stickly, PO Box 963. New York City, New York State, 10108!

May have the PO Box # wrong but... :p
  • badtraffic
    badtraffic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So it's the work christmas party tonight and it's a 90's night. I'll feel like a late teen again! Thankfully it's not fancy dress, I don't feel like the town is ready for late 30's people dressed like the spice girls.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Fun story about emulating Kris Kross: My school thought the backwards clothes were a gang thing.
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options

That's exactly how I remember it!

Wonder what would happen if we wrote to that address today?!?
  • emjay6x3
    edited December 2017
    Options

That's exactly how I remember it!

Wonder what would happen if we wrote to that address today?!?

I just Googled it and that's exactly it! It's on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDw619p2Tw

I wonder, too... Hmm...
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's always a highlight of my day to come see what you fine people have been reminiscing about
  • ActivateBeast
    ActivateBeast Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just turned 32, Nov 27th so looks like I fit in well here lol!
  • Isa_Bbott
    Isa_Bbott Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Lisa. I'm 32 from Vermont. Honesty, I can't believe I'm in my 30s already... But {life} happens
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hahaha!! Welcome newbies! I'm LOVING these stories!

Although you are some naughty ones hahaha.

I won't forget the first time I swore in SIXTH grade. Yeah....that's me.
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I saw someone lick their fingers after plating each piece of cake. Thank you.....I will never eat the cake the group seems to get for every meeting ever again!
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I remember when clueless came out and we were wearing the skirts with the stockings.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Also do you remember shera and he-man?
  • FLBlackMax
    FLBlackMax Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Also do you remember shera and he-man?

There is a Geico commercial on now with He-Man on it - ironic. The 90's was a crazier time for me. Much more unaccepted for me to hit on the white girls.