Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Okay. Time to quickly list some goals!

Just for Friday:
    1. Stay in the green and journal every bite (I probably already close to the green and I haven't even eaten supper yet. I'll have to get some activity in to level the playing field a little... *smile*)
    2. Drink five full 16 oz bottles of water
    3. Begin studying for my first recertification exam.
    4. Leave work today at 3:30 if possible
    5. Bake at least one bread and one cookie recipe for Christmas tonight
    6. Start writing out Christmas cards tonight & addressing envelopes
    7. Make out Christmas List, since tomorrow is power-shopping day
    8. Learn at least one new thing at work today :) Done! Learned about using Team Viewer to provide remote support to end users.
    9. Complete one new task without asking questions at work today :)Done: Went through Change Requests to approve or deny. Did research on a couple of projects. Got added to a couple new committees.
    10. Either treadmill or Body Groove video tonight, even 20 minutes. Will increase upon this slowly.
    11. Begin strength training of some kind. Even if it is only 10 minutes. Will build this up slowly.
    12. Perform at least one random act of kindness today
    13. Read Simple Abundance book, write in gratitude journal and go to bed at a decent hour so I can get up early and start my day feeling good.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @junodog1 HOW EXCITING!!! Congrats on the new job! Good luck with negotiations! It's so nice to see you posting again! :blush:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options

Just for Friday:
    1. Stay in the green and journal every bite (I probably already close to the green and I haven't even eaten supper yet. I'll have to get some activity in to level the playing field a little... *smile*)
    2. Drink five full 16 oz bottles of water
    3. Begin studying for my first recertification exam.
    4. Leave work today at 3:30 if possible
    5. Bake at least one bread and one cookie recipe for Christmas tonight
    6. Start writing out Christmas cards tonight & addressing envelopes
    7. Make out Christmas List, since tomorrow is power-shopping day
    8. Learn at least one new thing at work today :) Done! Learned about using Team Viewer to provide remote support to end users.
    9. Complete one new task without asking questions at work today :)Done: Went through Change Requests to approve or deny. Did research on a couple of projects. Got added to a couple new committees.
    10. Either treadmill or Body Groove video tonight, even 20 minutes. Will increase upon this slowly.
    11. Begin strength training of some kind. Even if it is only 10 minutes. Will build this up slowly.
    12. Perform at least one random act of kindness today
    13. Read Simple Abundance book, write in gratitude journal and go to bed at a decent hour so I can get up early and start my day feeling good.

My brother used to use team viewer to pi$$ me off. He used to wait til I went to the loo and connect us and then wait until I started doing something on the computer then he’d start messing around with it. And me being young didn’t know wtf was going on :lol:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

My brother used to use team viewer to pi$$ me off. He used to wait til I went to the loo and connect us and then wait until I started doing something on the computer then he’d start messing around with it. And me being young didn’t know wtf was going on :lol:

OMG! That's hilarious! I could totally see someone doing that. I was thinking at work about how I could mess with my mom or my husband if I felt like it! LOL! :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @MLHC1 So glad for your non-biopsy news! Doctor is just being cautious & next month may end the same. Keeping you in my prayers. :smiley:

Recap F 12/15
    1) Treadmill / walked 3 miles / 51:43...little slower this morning, feel like I have a cold trying to start. Slamming zinc tablets today. Also, figured out Fitbit and treadmill do not measure distance the same...Fitbit did not show 3 miles when I finished. On the other hand, the other day, Fitbit said I did the elliptical, which we don't have. lol :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,520 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (noon class) hours & 31 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan...trying new recipe for unstuffed cabbage rolls with ground turkey (cabbage from winter market last Sat.) / net calories green & > 12c water & fiber > 25g = Happy with new recipe. Net calories green, sodium good, sugar red due to lots of fruit, fiber 30g & 17c water. :smiley:
    4) Evening: wrap gifts to be shipped = items in boxes & packing materials, just need to wrap :neutral: / prep card & letter for overseas...want to mail Sat. = surprised myself & got all cards/letters signed, assembled & stamped, just waiting to go :smiley: / read ads for sales = Sat. a.m. instead :neutral: / if energy left, Christmas to-do list = exhausted :neutral:
    5) Floss & retainers / no bedtime b/c it's Friday! = Had minor disaster just before late bedtime: toilet overflowed (1st time ever) so had to deal with that, then said screw it, and skipped floss & retainers...hubby fixed when he got home

JFT Sat. 12/16 - Sad b/c hubby had to be at work at 7 a.m. until midnight or 2 a.m. today :'( His alarm went off instead of mine this morning. :D First time this job he works a weekend.
    1) Shovel driveway, walkway & patio (< 1" snow overnight so won't take long)...this is today's workout
    2) Net calories green, lots of water & zinc tablets, still fighting off a cold
    3) Weekend to-do list / some can be Sunday
    4) Christmas to-do list / getting there
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 60
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    November Goal = 163#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/4 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week (track on Just Give Me 10 Days)
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/2 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/9 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no food days at work or parties helps & stuck with CICO

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Friday JFT
    :) 10K Steps - 13,097
    :) 64 oz to drink
    :( Log all food - went out to lunch. ate some shared apps so no tracking there; good meal choice - only 380 calories. no formal dinner, just snacking while working around the house.
    :) Negotiate new job - I like where this is going! Not formal yet so I cannot give notice.
    :| Clean work email - in progress. There is a lot of old stuff in there
    :) Do all my other work I am getting paid for - don't be distracted

Saturday JFT
    @ work in morning - clean up old files
    15K Steps
    64 oz to drink
    Log all food
    Turn on Christmas @ home (put up tree, etc)

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 60
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    November Goal = 163#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/4 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week (track on Just Give Me 10 Days)
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/2 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/9 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no food days at work or parties helps & stuck with CICO

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

Your journey this year is amazing and so inspirational! When I look at your beginning weight in January of 2017 and where you are now, it is the path I want so bad! And you did it 1 or 2 lbs at a time. Thank you for posting this 2017 journey today. It has given me the kick in the *kitten* that I need! You go girl! :)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you :blush: AND congratulations!!! Down to 158, that's the best Christmas present ever :joy: You're not far from your goal now.

@Buttons61 Welcome :smiley: So happy to see you've found us, Lol!! The weight-loss rollercoaster is a challenge!! We've all been there so we know the struggle!! You can do this and we are here for you :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Friday:
    1. Stay in the green and journal every bite (I probably already close to the green and I haven't even eaten supper yet. I'll have to get some activity in to level the playing field a little... *smile*) :/
    2. Drink five full 16 oz bottles of water :)
    3. Begin studying for my first recertification exam. :)
    4. Leave work today at 3:30 if possible :)
    5. Bake at least one bread and one cookie recipe for Christmas tonight :/Too tired when I got home.
    6. Start writing out Christmas cards tonight & addressing envelopes :)
    7. Make out Christmas List, since tomorrow is power-shopping day ;)In my head...not on paper yet!
    10. Either treadmill or Body Groove video tonight, even 20 minutes. Will increase upon this slowly. :/
    11. Begin strength training of some kind. Even if it is only 10 minutes. Will build this up slowly. :/
    12. Perform at least one random act of kindness today :)
    :)

Sticking to the basics today because I am picking my granddaughter, Claire, to take her shopping and I'm not going to let anything overshadow this day with her. It's too seldom that I get this opportunity and I plan to be present and enjoy every single second of it! <3

JFT:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Drink five 16 oz bottles of water
    3. Sugar <29 g
    4. Carbs <75 g
    5. Reach my Fit Bit step goal
    6. Christmas shopping today with granddaughter
    7. Bake banana and pumpkin bread tonight when I get home
    8. One random act of kindness
    9. Be present and grateful in the day. Make memories.

Have a wonderful day today my friends! <3