Why does this food even exist?

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    There will always be a place in my heart for big Macs and their fries and hot fudge sundaes lol
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    herring in tomato sauce and other smelly fish. my hubby LOVES them! The cats chase him around the house, IT SMELLS!! WHY?! WHYYYYYYY??!!!! :s
    I like sardines in tomato sauce on pasta. Strangely my cats don’t pester me.
  • cmtigger
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Fruit cake. I doesn't make sense... fruit? Good. Cake? Great. Fruit cake? Nasty crap.

My dad loves fruitcake, I just don't understand.

Also, eggnog, NO! WHY ARE YOU DRINKING RAW EGGS?! I try to eat cake batter and I get yelled at, but it's perfectly OK to drink it if there's booze in it???? :#

If it’s aged properly the alcohol “cooks” the eggs.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Yeah... the raw egg warnings never bother me.

Egg nog.
    Cake batter.
    Cookie dough.

Gimme gimme
  • cmtigger
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    it's called candy corn because it looks like kernels of corn.

i'm not sure i've ever even eaten candy corn, but while we're on the subject of . . . whatever that mello word was, here's one.

those awful little 'dinner mint' things. you know the ones. they have the colours of bridesmaids' dresses in a photograph taken in 1951, and the flavours of toothpaste left out to dry and then snipped into squares.

i looooooooove musk candy though. whoever talked about that . . . you can't even get it in canada, and it's one of my deepest and saddest regrest. i have to settle for thrills and those little floral gum things, but both are just methadone to my musk heroin.

A roommate and I once ate ourselves sick on butter mints in college.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Seaweed salad. Just please no.

I absolutely love seaweed salad. I used to buy it at Costco until I discovered I could get it cheaper from the deli at a local Asian market. You can send any you don't want my way. Heh
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    TheHawk007 wrote: »
    Fruitcake? Well, if you are what you eat....

Salted licorice? Never heard of that. You take a nice cherry Red Vine, and somebody went "This needs sodium" WTF is that?

Like all things, Spam (in moderation) is okay. Cubed and mixed with scrambled eggs is better than ham, IMHO.

3 Musketeers? Only candy that gives me instant diarrhea.........just horrible

Salted licorice is licorice flavoured, not red vine flavoured (calling that stuff licorice is wrong imo)...

i live in denmark where licorice is in literally everything.
    • Salted licorice? Got it.
    • "Sweet" licorice? Check.
    • Licorice in Chocolate bars.
    • Licorice in Ice Cream.
    • Licorice in cookies.
    • Licorice in bread.
    • Licorice in alcohol? of course.
    • licorice flødeboller? you bet!
    • Licorice gum? hahaha

Welcome to my licorice hell.

...me too...I hope we soon get past this licorice everything
    Liquorice in beer? wine? ...my Motherinlaw even puts it on her pavlova :(
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Parma Violets - why would anyone want to eat sweets that taste like perfume??

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Candy corn. Wtf.

I like candy corn.

Me tooooo!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    okay . . . two people 'liked' my sriracha complaint, and i wanna know who they are. there's only three of us in the whole world so we need all the support we can get.

also need to hunt down a three musketeers candy bar now, just to find out for myself what's so wrong about it. i'm not sure they're commonly available in canada.

3 Musketeers are easy enough to find in Canada. No idea if they are the same as US one's as I don't see what the issue with them is.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    okay . . . two people 'liked' my sriracha complaint, and i wanna know who they are. there's only three of us in the whole world so we need all the support we can get.

also need to hunt down a three musketeers candy bar now, just to find out for myself what's so wrong about it. i'm not sure they're commonly available in canada.

3 Musketeers are easy enough to find in Canada. No idea if they are the same as US one's as I don't see what the issue with them is.

In the US, they're just chocolate covered soft nougat. Not much too them, kind of plain but inoffensive. If you add caramel it becomes a Milky Way in the US (a Mars bar in Europe).

Oddly enough, 3 Musketeers is sold as a Milky Way outside of the US and Canada.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

In the US, they're just chocolate covered soft nougat. Not much too them, kind of plain but inoffensive. If you add caramel it becomes a Milky Way in the US (a Mars bar in Europe).

So, is a Canadian Mars bar the same as a US Milky Way?
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

So, is a Canadian Mars bar the same as a US Milky Way?

I believe so. Nougat and caramel covered in chocolate. Ridiculously good when eaten straight from the freezer.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Pickle loaf lunch meat :s meat
    Pimentos :s
    Green olives :s olives {《barf》}
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Whats even worse is green olives stuffed with pimentos :#:'(:/
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    edited December 2017
    *whispers* i like 3 musketeers......and potted meat on saltines.....
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    chocolates with pink or orange fruit flavoured creme... omg gagging. caramel or gtfo lol