40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,951 Member
    Options
    Great day kids, I am keeping up with all of your posts and I am inspired still. I went through a painless process of buying a new suv yesterday. Sucks starting over again. Love the new smell...lol...

Enjoy the "new"!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,951 Member
    Options
    Working today, so no workout. And tomorrow, I have to skip weights at the gym to go to a "special screening" of the new Star Wars movie.

So, tomorrow is my "free" day....I have been on-spot with calories for 8 days straight - tomorrow I am eating POPCORN at that movie!! BOOM!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 You "have" to go see the new Star Wars movie? This geek would gladly take your place... LOL
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @tcunbeliever What workouts do you like that aren't as boring? I think I'd be into Beast just because it's weights focused, but could see how might get stale..
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @SusanDSME I've seen friends of mine online with very divided opinions of the Last Jedi. How does it rank for you with the originals?
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @aaronagostini I wish I could tell you... I won't be able to see it until next week! (We live in the sticks) I have to say, any Star Wars movie without Harrison Ford is going to lose points.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    blew off work to see Star Wars yesterday. I liked it but I see why others don't.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I find the P90X3 workouts fun because they are fast paced, and I like the BBL workouts because they are more like dancing and less like working hard. Mostly I like workouts that don't feel like workouts, but it's hard to make any kind of strength training not feel like a workout.

For anyone interested in trying the beachbody suff, it looks like they are going to run an on demand special from the 20th to 25, and it looks like in includes Body Beast as well as his newer Hammer & Chisel (which I don't have yet, but have heard good things about) - got this in an email:

COMING DECEMBER 20TH

Want to sample Beachbody On Demand without a credit card? This FREE
    5-day workout will put you on the path to fitness success.

https://beachbodyondemand.com/programs?aid=BOD-TO-MUL-BOD-BODDE-20171209-SEGMENTS.TBB&cid=BOD-TO-MUL-BOD-BODDE-20171209&code=EML_ADHOC_BOD_20171218_TBB_MT&ctid=10143819687&ep_mid=7064969&ep_rid=229778255&mid=1528034918&offer=0&referrer=&subkey=a0f57fdb1d345a436626af91cb660b2d90222c2bdb5b9e713702b9e5490cd50f4cbfcfee2d2584562d6d78a1708a0ef33f22fdee7f1f64ac41e7f295a3c2658e&tracking=EML_ADHOC_BOD_20171218_TBB_MT
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids. Did a great interval training workout yesterday. 7 - 1 min exercises using weights followed by 2 minutes of cardio.Cycled through that a few times. All to 80's music. Not my favourite era of music, but I'm one of the old ones in the class. :p
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I was far too busy with life to listen to much 80s music. Some - more early in the decade- but not much. I hear about some groups from the last half and just say who??
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    yesterday was beast total body - so fun...going to miss having the weights next week while I'm on vacation
  • sdereski
    Options
    No workout yesterday. Was invited to a Christmas dinner with friends, followed by my granddaughter's Christmas concert. We all know how hard it is to sit through those concerts. :# lol.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey, we can now "hug".....we have a hug button. <3
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed by the dedication of those of you doing BB stuff! It's amazing! I was never able to keep it up. I need to be in a gym surrounded by people that make me compete. Just wasn't my speed I guess.

Tonight is bench press night, not my favorite, but I'm determined to make my weak left arm shape up. It's going to pay for its laziness.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    That's the real secret to sticking to exercise, in my opinion - figuring out what works best for you!

I don't like being around other people or having to share equipment, plus, I live an hour away from everything...so, home workouts are perfect...if I had to drive to a gym it would consume so much more time that I wouldn't get as much actual working out done in any given week.

However, I am limited to only the equipment I own, and sometimes I do wish I had access to more stuff. Maybe when the kids are driving and I spend fewer nights as a taxi, then I could stop by a gym on the way home and not have to lose as much time to travel.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's the real secret to sticking to exercise, in my opinion - figuring out what works best for you!

I don't like being around other people or having to share equipment, plus, I live an hour away from everything...so, home workouts are perfect...if I had to drive to a gym it would consume so much more time that I wouldn't get as much actual working out done in any given week.

However, I am limited to only the equipment I own, and sometimes I do wish I had access to more stuff. Maybe when the kids are driving and I spend fewer nights as a taxi, then I could stop by a gym on the way home and not have to lose as much time to travel.

I drive about 45 minutes each way to my gym, lol. I probably pass 50-100 different workout places on the way. Coach Ben is worth it. He has folks that drive a lot further than me once a week. I go every day. Bottom line is results, however you get them, right?
  • sdereski
    Options
    Great hour and half snowshoe last night. It was cold, but one warms up quickly once we start moving.