Why does this food even exist?

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Mushrooms

Blasphemer. LOL. Mushrooms are never absent from my kitchen. :tongue:

Wow!! Sorry to offend your kitchen. But seriously, if I'm eating anything and notice bits of mushroom, I pick out as many as I possibly can.

Also mushroom flavored stuff leaves a taste in my mouth, and a feeling in my stomach a long while after.

Anyway, you enjoy!!

That's how I feel about lima beans. They have no place in a frozen "mixed vegetables" package.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Mushrooms

Have you tried an anti-fungal? ;)

One of my cats may oppose that. His name is Truffle and not named after the chocolate kind. :wink:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Mushrooms

Wow!! Sorry to offend your kitchen. But seriously, if I'm eating anything and notice bits of mushroom, I pick out as many as I possibly can.

Also mushroom flavored stuff leaves a taste in my mouth, and a feeling in my stomach a long while after.

Anyway, you enjoy!!

S'ok. It just means more for me. Mushrooms are one of my favorites things ever. Be sure to send yours my way. :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Coconut water. :s

Yes! Like drinking sweat.

There was a nasty Spearmint water I tried a few years ago. It tasted like water that was mixed with used spearmint chewing gum.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    MamaMc3 wrote: »
    Kale . . . I know it's good for you, but it tastes terrible!! I have tried to like it, but I just can't. BLECK.

Creamed vegetables . . . especially creamed corn. GROSS. It smells terrible, looks terrible, tastes terrible. I don't get it.

Creamed corn out of a can is gross. Real creamed corn (real corn sauteed and served in a cooked down cream sauce), is delicious.

I also have a huge love of creamed spinach. It might actually be one of my desert island foods.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    candy corn.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Why is carrot cake a thing? Why in the world did someone look at cake and say to themselves, "This needs a vegetable"?

Ban yourself. Carrot cake is the greatest invention ever. Rum is a close 2nd.

You know, I'll bet a person could take some carrot cake, brush it with rum, layer it with cream cheese and/or mascarpone whipped with heavy cream, in a sort of tiramisu fashion, and really have something there.

< . . . wanders off toward kitchen, whistling innocently . . . .>

oh-yes.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Why is carrot cake a thing? Why in the world did someone look at cake and say to themselves, "This needs a vegetable"?

Ban yourself. Carrot cake is the greatest invention ever. Rum is a close 2nd.

Hmmm. Idea: Carrot Rum Cake!

Been done. As good as it sounds.

That said, I still prefer keeping them separate.
  • TR0berts
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    TheHawk007 wrote: »
    Fruitcake? Well, if you are what you eat....

Salted licorice? Never heard of that. You take a nice cherry Red Vine, and somebody went "This needs sodium" WTF is that?

Like all things, Spam (in moderation) is okay. Cubed and mixed with scrambled eggs is better than ham, IMHO.

3 Musketeers? Only candy that gives me instant diarrhea.........just horrible

Salted licorice is licorice flavoured, not red vine flavoured (calling that stuff licorice is wrong imo)...

i live in denmark where licorice is in literally everything.
    • Salted licorice? Got it.
    • "Sweet" licorice? Check.
    • Licorice in Chocolate bars.
    • Licorice in Ice Cream.
    • Licorice in cookies.
    • Licorice in bread.
    • Licorice in alcohol? of course.
    • licorice flødeboller? you bet!
    • Licorice gum? hahaha

Welcome to my licorice hell.

I loathe licorice. The only thing remotely licorice flavored I can handle are anise flavored pizelles, and I haven't had them in years since I was diagnosed with celiac disease. And I think I used to like them more for the nostalgia factor than the actual taste. My grandmother made really good pizelles.

Ouzo.
  • TR0berts
    Liver

Liver smells disgusting while cooking. Cooking at a local diner when I was younger made it so I never tried liver until last year. It's actually pretty good, if cooked properly. And with onions.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    I think Peeps are disgusting and stick to your teeth way too much.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Vegamite. It is disgusting. I dont understand the purpose of it.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Lean59man wrote: »
    I love cherries soaked in whiskey and covered in chocolate...though, homemade liquor treats are way better than store bought, some of the store ones aren't half bad.

I'm more baffled by chicken feet and pigs feet...why would anyone want to eat feet, and what the heck is there even to eat on a chickens foot???

Pigs feet date back to slavery in the south when the owners would give the slaves the parts of the animal they wouldn't eat themselves.

A culture of cooking evolved around preparing these things for consumption and still exists today.

and Chitterlings
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    There use to be some kind of lunch meat with pasta in <yuk>
    Those Strawberry marshmellow candies, taste like straight red food colouring.
    Marzipan.... not my thing.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I love cherries soaked in whiskey and covered in chocolate...though, homemade liquor treats are way better than store bought, some of the store ones aren't half bad.

I'm more baffled by chicken feet and pigs feet...why would anyone want to eat feet, and what the heck is there even to eat on a chickens foot???

Pigs feet date back to slavery in the south when the owners would give the slaves the parts of the animal they wouldn't eat themselves.

A culture of cooking evolved around preparing these things for consumption and still exists today.

and Chitterlings

And...
    Beef pizzles
    Hog maws
    Pigs ears

I've seen some nasty stuff floating in jars of brine in many corner stores and delis growing up down South. And wondered how long they've been there. :s

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member

and Chitterlings

Are you talkin about my pork rinds???
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited December 2017
    dsboohead wrote: »

and Chitterlings

Are you talkin about my pork rinds???

Chitterlings are intestines. Pork rinds are fried pig skin. Maybe you're thinking crackling.