Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

1495051525355»

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited December 2017
    So do you think going back to eating less will help you win the fight? The binge/restrict cycle is what keeps many people stuck.
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I really am an outlier. Sux.

Oh well, there are worse things. I am just so tired of fighting with food. I have been fighting with food since 1978.

Yet weirdly, before this, I lost 60 lbs.

I am stuck now, too, except stuck and fatter.

I don't begrudge anyone anything and frankly am thrilled for those for whom this works. Life is hard. Any way to make it easier is a plus in my book. For me, eating more but getting back to the obese category is not making things easier. I am glad for those who are experiencing good health. Keep up the good work.

• charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Good luck then. Clearly, you know what to do so go back to what works for you! If it worked for you before and is sustainable, then not sure what would have even brought you here.
    So do you think going back to eating less will help you win the fight? The binge/restrict cycle is what keeps many people stuck.

Oh well, there are worse things. I am just so tired of fighting with food. I have been fighting with food since 1978.

I don't begrudge anyone anything and frankly am thrilled for those for whom this works. Life is hard. Any way to make it easier is a plus in my book. For me, eating more but getting back to the obese category is not making things easier. I am glad for those who are experiencing good health. Keep up the good work.

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member

By this "method" you mean eating 1800+ calories is not working for you for weight loss?
    There's nothing wrong with that.

We are all different, have different activity levels/lifestyles, varying TDEEs and calorie needs. Not everyone will be able to lose or even maintain on 1800+ calories.
    I don't see it as a "method", just a matter of what your caloric needs are. If this amount does not work for you, you have to adjust accordingly. Don't eat a certain amount just because it has worked for someone else, find what works for you.
  • LAWoman72

By this "method" you mean eating 1800+ calories is not working for you for weight loss?
    There's nothing wrong with that.

We are all different, have different activity levels/lifestyles, varying TDEEs and calorie needs. Not everyone will be able to lose or even maintain on 1800+ calories.
    I don't see it as a "method", just a matter of what your caloric needs are. If this amount does not work for you, you have to adjust accordingly. Don't eat a certain amount just because it has worked for someone else, find what works for you.

Thanks much. Yes, it's hard to clarify. I am going to 1600 and keeping up the workouts. I do like that part (working out heavier). Thanks again and happy holidays. :)
  • mbdean86
    mbdean86 Posts: 38 Member
    What kind of strength training have you been doing?
  • LAWoman72
    edited December 2017
    mbdean86 wrote: »

Hey. I have been using dumbbells, HIIT or just strength training, 20, 40 and 45-minute sessions currently per week, low weight but to exhaustion most of the time, have had to bump up the weight once already and am ready to bump up again. I am getting resistance bands for Christmas but may also just buy a one-up heavier pair of dumbells as well. These sessions are the usual stuff, squats, snatches, that sort of thing. I have been doing HASFit videos on YouTube.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I am maintaining at 2000/day, doing a slight lean bulk at 2200 most days paired with a lifting routine. Have seen 1 lb of progress so far!

Calorie dispersion:
    Breakfast: 500
    Lunch: 500
    Dinner: 500
    Snacks: 500
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited December 2017
    LorinaLynn wrote: »
    I'm currently in "maintenance" with an estimated 1700, so with exercise calories, I'm usually over 2000. 39 years old, 5'5 and currently 132#, but not concerned with the number on the scale at all.

During the time I was losing, I was usually around 1800+.

so does this mean you eat 1700 at sedentary and 2000+ if you workout? we have same exact stats so im curious
  • mbdean86
    mbdean86 Posts: 38 Member
    mbdean86 wrote: »

Hey. I have been using dumbbells, HIIT or just strength training, 20, 40 and 45-minute sessions currently per week, low weight but to exhaustion most of the time, have had to bump up the weight once already and am ready to bump up again. I am getting resistance bands for Christmas but may also just buy a one-up heavier pair of dumbells as well. These sessions are the usual stuff, squats, snatches, that sort of thing. I have been doing HASFit videos on YouTube.

I'll be resuming training in a week or so when I'm recovered from flu. I swear, I thought it was a sore throat and it took me down so fast.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    I'm resurrecting this thread again because I find it so interesting!
  • laura9503
    laura9503 Posts: 43 Member
    Maintaining on 2200 kcal :) I'm 22 years old, about 5'7, 126 lbs and pretty active.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Bump up time for this thread.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Bump!

Old thread, I know, but one of my all time favorites and reminds me I’m not alone.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,322 Member
    I maintain on c2100 -2200 and lose on 2000; 5’3 and 120 pounds.