40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Izabellesdance
    Izabellesdance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the group! I'm 41 and find it extremely difficult to lose my last 45 lb. I'm here to get support and give support :-) please feel free to add me :-)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Good to see lots of activities among the group. @sdereski - I'm envious of all your snowshoeing, but not your super cold temps!

Between a shoulder injury rehab and scheduled down time imposed on me by my coach, I've been out of sync and it shows on the scale. My training efforts in December haven't quite offset my Christmas cookie intake. :) While I've lost run speed, at least I managed to run a bit (15mpw) to maintain some run fitness.

The good news is that Christmas came early for me, since my new triathlon bike arrived at the bike fitter's shop today. I have an appointment to have it fitted to me by next week. Then my offseason work will begin, whether on the bike, in the pool, or in the kitchen.

Stay Cool.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    P90X+ Total Body

Such a good routine, always makes me feel amaze-balls!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Two Christmas parties today. Help!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    Happy Festivus!
    vsgu5vdqm9ll.jpeg
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thankful the holiday parties are behind me! They were fun, but stressful, not knowing what I'd be eating and how much damage I'd do. I'll be overdoing it for the next few days, but at least I know what I'll be eating and can better control the damage. And I'm so thankful to have an exercise bike at home (I'm riding while I type)!
  • gam3rguy
    edited December 2017
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done! So, since I’m too lazy to put on pants and go to the gym...I’m modifying dumb bells again. Not safe or recommend.

ph489y8wl02i.jpeg

And the pup did 275# deadlifts!

ztyvs6l72p9x.jpeg

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @gam3rguy I think Santa needs to bring you a couple of these:

grw7m7mysb0r.png

https://www.weightsling.com/shop

I got one to shlepp weight to and from CG, but they're also made to double up on dumbbells as needed.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy I think Santa needs to bring you a couple of these:

grw7m7mysb0r.png

https://www.weightsling.com/shop

I got one to shlepp weight to and from CG, but they're also made to double up on dumbbells as needed.

hmmm. I wasn't doing rows, I belted the 40's together for pull overs. I wonder if this would still work for that. :o
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • runsharon54321
    runsharon54321 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    blew off work to see Star Wars yesterday. I liked it but I see why others don't.

• runsharon54321
    runsharon54321 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome you blew off work for Star Wars! Saw it and had a great time, daughter in her 30's dressed like a storm trooper and I threw on a couple leia buns. Lol first time ever doing that and was a great time.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    After two almost three days of eating all the things, back to the program tonight. Deadlifts, working set 3x1@110kg. Easy peasy but I complained to Coach it felt heavy. He said it went up fast, what’s my deal. Lol.

Also, drove over to the boathouse to see where it is (nowhere!), I start rowing class/rookie/tryouts/oldfolkcrew Jan1 at 5am. What am I thinking?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1"=Done!
  • medicman78
    medicman78 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i got 25lbs to go before my bday!! Started a fast to pick up the pace!!