WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    The Woo Icon ... on the app it is much more recognizable as a negative ... one of the eyes is bigger than the other in a questioning look.

Pat ... I've been suggesting home care or comfort care for my parents for some time ... it fell on deaf ears before, I believe my Mom is listening now. My Dad is not doing well in the hospital and they do not want to open him up for another surgery ...

I thought all my shopping was done and then decided to pick up a "couple" of things ... oh my ... am I exhausted by the lines and the traffic and the parking nightmare ... but my fitbit had a happy dance early in the day!!

I've enjoyed your Christmas photos so much, I'm going to try and share a few of mine ... forgive me if they come in jumbo sized ... I'm a techno boob!

ohs537mqp0tk.jpg

7514e51rqxwb.jpg

Beth near Buffalo

BETH,we have a friend still trying to care for his wife.She is just out of PT re hab after a fall. He says she almost never gets out if bed .He takes her to get hair done on Fri & church on Sunday.Their food is whatever from the deli.I offered to help a bit each wk, but she doesn’t want anyone in the house.Hub says they won’t pay help,so no way to help them.Some ppl....Especially elderly are afraid of everything & everyone.

Your dining room is beautiful & the tree is so very pretty.

MEG....maybe drama works for your DD? Used to have a sis in law like that.Liked her ok ....in small doses.

TERRY,thanks for the recipe.Saved to try next yr.Did laundy,used sweeper,dusted,then made bean soup & cornbread..just DH eats the cornbread,not my fav. I was tired this eve,so ready to call it a day.

Oldest Grson,the Marine...will be home from SC,late on Christmas Eve & has 12 days.Won’t take any of his vacation days.Next Fri only Grandaughter flies in from Fl for 4 days.

I’m more asleep than awake...time to sleep....

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Michele, I have always thought you had great willpower. I could never make/bake all those goodies that you do and not eat some.

Wendy, I’m so impressed with your hike and re-hike and not getting injured. Way to go.

Kelly, congrats on the new kiddies in your care. I think they made a wise choice.

Heather, sorry for your friend and I do hope the end is an easy transition. Congrats on all the work you have done on your memoir. I know it hasn’t been easy but you have plowed through. (((Hugs)))

Terry, I enjoyed the beautiful Christmas ornament and just pretended that it said, “Merry Christmas”. Lol

Beth, prayers going out your way for all of your family. (((Hugs))) *later* so glad to hear that the surgery went well.

Katla, congrats on the new grandson! What a joy. I hope your doggie gets better soon.

I love the pictures and all the Christmas trees. Once the gifts are gone, to me the tree looks so sad that I often take mine down the day after Christmas. I hope you all get everything you wish for this Christmas. Much of what we wish for doesn’t come in a box or bag. DH and I went to buy our Christmas steaks today. DD said that she still wants green bean casserole so I guess that will be on the menu.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    The Y started this new guest policy. Get this -- it would cost someone $5 if they come with a Y member and $10 if they don't come with a member. At those prices, there is no way I would use the Y. Actually, the Y by Jess charges you $5 but I have guest passes and use them the few times I can use the Y. If it weren't for the guest passes, I would only use the fitness center at the hotel. Heck, I've already paid for it.

Are those the drop-in prices? If so, that's pretty good. In fact, the $5 one is excellent!

Our biggest and nicest gym here has a drop-in rate of $21 ... and the gym we actually go to has a drop-in rate of $8.50 for students (me!) and $10 for over-50s (me and my husband) ... so we pay $18.50 each time we go. Compared with our other option of $42, we'll happily take the $18.50. :)

But if they were offering drop-ins for $5, we might go more often.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.17min, 144mhr, 12.2amph. 1.5mi= 91c
    apple watch- 96c
    ROWING MACHINE- 10min, 55aw, 122mhr, 1631meters= 60c
    apple watch- 317c
    BOSU BALL- 16min, 2sets of 10ea, 4 diff exercices, w/2-8#weights= 69c
    apple watch-
    floor exerc- 17min, 2set of 10ea, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, plank-elbows to hands, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest, 121mhr- 109c
    apple watch- 69c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.41min, 12.9amph, 126mhr, 1.4mi= 56c
    apple watch- 50c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 15.31min, 144mhr, 11.7amph, 3mi= 143c
    apple watch- 133c
    walk sta 2 wk-8.59min, 112mhr, 3.4ap, .5mi= 52c
    apple watch- 45c
    Slow jog wk 2 sta- 5.36min, 12.13min mi, 139mhr, .4mi= 56c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.53min, 8.1amph, 148mhr, 2.4mi= 177c
    Apple Watch- 147c

Total cal 813
  • Machka9
    Options
    I did my first ever 6 km run today!! And it wasn't a flat one ... it had 91 metres of climbing.

My pace isn't great ... 7.16/km ... but that's the same pace as my 5 km on December 9th, on a flatter route so I figure that's not too bad given that this is the first time I've run that distance.

And apparently that was a 500 calorie burn, which I need these days. :grin:

On my walk home after the run ... I plan my routes so they end a kilometre or two away from home ... I stopped in at our little grocery store and bought paneer and spinach for Saag Paneer. I made it last year, and it turned out quite well. However, it seems to me that I added more veggies than just the spinach to thicken it a bit.

This is from the Slender Kitchen recipe site ... it's an easy, low-calorie recipe. :)
    https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-saag-paneer

Machka in Oz
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Rye, I love to read too. So I "Read" constantly even while exercising, doing housework, driving, watering and weeding the garden...You should go to your library and ask them to help you set up audio library on your phone/or computer so you can multi-task and get your exercise in without resenting it cutting into your reading time. I look forward to my exercising just so I can finish an exciting book. LOL I also love many of those childhood books you mentioned...

Now that I have cancelled my gym membership (I was paying$24 a week for me and my daughter to go-but she is moving out of town and I don't want to go on my own now as I will feel lonely without her--I've decided to do my kettle bell workouts at home and when I want to use machines I will go to our local swimming pool complex as they have a gym area, and then I can swim and use the hot tubs as well. I think it costs around $4.50 a session and you can stay as long as you like.

I have been experimenting lots and figuring out how to find and save cute graphics so I can pop them into my posts! tpocqwyqhnkw.gif Wendy

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    LADIES - IF something starts showing up in my posts here that is 'dirty, nasty, or otherwise insulting' please let me know somehow. Microsoft has put out a 'new' operating system that will 'update' your computer to Microsoft Edge. WORST program since VISTA and there is NOT a way of correcting it or going back to whatever you had prior to that. Found this out when I opened my computer after 4 weeks of not doing so (therefore updates were not being done on a daily basis). Now I can use my Outlook email program. Earlier today ... could not 'respond' or 'forward' any emails; now I cannot even 'send' an email, therefore I do not know if I am able to even receive emails. I am HOT about this. Like I said - worst 'operating system' since VISTA. Microsoft is going to blame your ISP; your ISP is going to blame Microsoft. Anything that gets posted on my remarks here in the community is NOT mine if it is 'dirty, nasty, or insulting to anyone'. I would never do that to any of you. I've post this on FB because my sister asked others about getting 'fake' friends (or people who she already knew were on FB). She was asking others if they were having the same issue. People are telling her to 'ignore' them. I have never felt like I had been 'rack over the hot coals' until now.

Lenora
  • Machka9
    Options
    LADIES - IF something starts showing up in my posts here that is 'dirty, nasty, or otherwise insulting' please let me know somehow. Microsoft has put out a 'new' operating system that will 'update' your computer to Microsoft Edge. WORST program since VISTA and there is NOT a way of correcting it or going back to whatever you had prior to that. Found this out when I opened my computer after 4 weeks of not doing so (therefore updates were not being done on a daily basis). Now I can use my Outlook email program. Earlier today ... could not 'respond' or 'forward' any emails; now I cannot even 'send' an email, therefore I do not know if I am able to even receive emails. I am HOT about this. Like I said - worst 'operating system' since VISTA. Microsoft is going to blame your ISP; your ISP is going to blame Microsoft. Anything that gets posted on my remarks here in the community is NOT mine if it is 'dirty, nasty, or insulting to anyone'. I would never do that to any of you. I've post this on FB because my sister asked others about getting 'fake' friends (or people who she already knew were on FB). She was asking others if they were having the same issue. People are telling her to 'ignore' them. I have never felt like I had been 'rack over the hot coals' until now.

Lenora

1) Microsoft Edge is something completely different from Vista. Vista is an operating system like Windows 7 and Windows 10. Microsoft Edge is a web browser like Internet Explorer.

2) Microsoft Edge is Microsoft's new version of Internet Explorer which comes with Windows 10. When you install Windows 10 you will get Microsoft Edge as your default browser. However, if you don't like Microsoft Edge (and many don't), use Chrome or Firefox.

3) When you made the choice to upgrade to Windows 10, and thus installed Microsoft Edge because Microsoft Edge comes with Windows 10, you would indeed have to reset your Outlook.

4) Upgrading to Windows 10 (and Microsoft Edge) will not cause 'dirty, nasty, or insulting' comments to suddenly appear and will not create 'fake friends' or anything like that.

5) If your sister is getting friend requests from people she already knew were on Facebook, those friends were hacked. And it has nothing whatsoever to do with operating systems or web browsers. Their Facebook accounts were hacked and they need to fix it.

Machka in Oz

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Machka, thanks for clarifying that. Cyber world can be so confusing at the best of times. By the way, I found pav in an egg tonight when I did my big Christmas shop at the cheap supermarket that I rarely go to because it is usually too crowded. Went late to avoid the lines. Just spotted it when I was picking up strawberry jello. Reminded me of the good old days when pantyhose used to come in an egg!

Dreamwriter, Sorry to hear that Larry is up to his yo yo head games with you. So distressing especially at holiday time when you would like to focus on joy instead. I'm glad you can have fun despite the nastiness. I love the pics of the deer in the snow and lovely Harmony (such a pretty name!) I often wonder if having a man is worth the trouble, lol. I think visiting a male once a month would probably be enough for me. 9vnmwh846bi0.gif

I think I might become quite annoying with these silly graphics! <3 Wendy
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka, thanks for clarifying that. Cyber world can be so confusing at the best of times. By the way, I found pav in an egg tonight when I did my big Christmas shop at the cheap supermarket that I rarely go to because it is usually too crowded. Went late to avoid the lines. Just spotted it when I was picking up strawberry jello. Reminded me of the good old days when pantyhose used to come in an egg!

I'm glad you found the egg ... and yes, similar to the pantyhose eggs! I had forgotten about those. :grin:

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I did my first ever 6 km run today!! And it wasn't a flat one ... it had 91 metres of climbing.

My pace isn't great ... 7.16/km ... but that's the same pace as my 5 km on December 9th, on a flatter route so I figure that's not too bad given that this is the first time I've run that distance.

And apparently that was a 500 calorie burn, which I need these days. :grin:

Machka in Oz

And then, my husband and I went for a 28.2 km bicycle ride. :):)

I'm not expecting to lose any weight over the Christmas season ... but I'd like to maintain.

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3