WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Forgot to post:
    Rita in RV traveling the country but in New Mexico for Winter in a little border town called Columbus.

Drive in your neck of the woods often. My husband is from Silver City and we go see his dad every month. His sister teaches in Deming. Don’t make it down to Columbus but I’ve been there. Does that count? Lol

Marcelyn
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Ladies, thank you all for you kind comments on Brayden's letter to Santa. It jut touched my heart and I wanted to share with you who would also "get it". <3

Janetr OKC (where it is COLD and gloomy but going to get a lot colder)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Question: What do you folks think about all the ads for the new WW's diet? I can eat all I want of over 200 foods? I think not!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    peach way too much marketing to get people’s $$ this time of year. Also, my gym is going to be crowded for a couple of weeks!!!! Ah new year’s :#:s
    NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    KJ - I do like real stout, but the alcohol free variety is not so good. I will drink it, but of all the AF ones I have tried the one Pale Ale is the stand out best. I do also like a darker one called "Nanny State". GREAT name!
    I have just had a delivery of 6 AF Pale Ales from the actual company, but I had to pay quite a high shipping charge. The Amazon is free.
    I do love the emails Amazon sends (from India I believe). They are really a work of literature! I can't fault their customer service.

Still haven't heard from my friend.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, sorry to hear you have been unable to contact your friend. I'm sure you are becoming a bit frantic. Sending good thoughts for both you and your friend. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    DJ sending hugs to you!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    New Year's Eve/Day ... we always watched Guy Lombardo's New Years Eve Special at the Waldorf Astoria on TV when I was a child while waiting to see the big ball drop in NYC and the crowds singing Auld Lang Syne. My grandfather's 3rd wife insisted we put a coin outside on the window sill so we wouldn't have a shortage of money in the new year (considering she died a multi-millionaire ... this might be a consideration for those with money woes). After a kiss at midnight we would go to the front door and bang pots and pans for a minute or so. Now, I'm usually too tired to stay up until midnight!! Pork and sauerkraut was served on New Year's Day.

Joyce ... glad to hear you're out of ICU and getting ready to head home.

Allie ... hang in there ...

Beth
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My new shoes!!

I LOVE Hoka's. I am on my third pair (one pair is retired and I rotate the other two). I am getting a pair of their trail running shoes next for my trail runs (better lugs for trails) My favorites so far are their Bondi series.

You will do great in your race. Just don't "rabbit" out of the start keeping up with everyone. Set YOUR pace and run YOUR race. :)

Marcelyn
    getting ready for freezing weather in Houston

They seem to take the pressure of my arthritic joints. Usually I wake up with really sore feet the day after a run, but this time my feet feel pretty good.

I do tend to start my runs fast, and I wonder why I'm gasping for air and why this run feels so difficult, then I have to tell myself to slow down a bit. I won't be the fastest person across the line ... I'm just hoping I'm not last.

Machka in Oz
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just lost everything! I post from my phone at night while I’m in bed which isn’t the easiest way to post.

So I’ll just say (((Hugs))) to those who need one and I’m doing a happy dance for those that have had an accomplishment .

I do need your opinion on something. I’ve been trying to come up with a name for my chainmaille jewelry business so that I can get a website going. Everyone is always asking me if I have one. So I’m thinking of using “Inspiring Connections”. I thought it fit because the jewelry is made by connecting jump rings together to form patterns. My DH says no because it doesn’t say what it is. But I can say “Fine Chainmaille Jewelry “ under the name. What do you think? Feel free to suggest other names.

Well time to put down the phone and pick up my book. I get to start a new one tonight. I love to start a book as it’s like meeting a new friend for the first time and slowly discovering things about them.

Hugs from Terry in freezing VT