NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @lore11a thanks. I wish you a Happy New Year as well!

Well...I missed that darned test by 1 again! I get to try again in January, but it blows my personal goal of getting it done in 2017 which really burns me up. I wanted to eat so bad last night because of it. I stopped at the grocery store to get supplies for dinner and the chips and dip were calling my name, but I didn't. I just bought my salad supplies and went home. #NSV
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - I am disappointed for you that you missed out by 1 again. I have never heard of any test that needed 100% passmark so it must be really tough. Great news on your NSV :)

@lore11a - thankyou for the information - will check youtube to see if I like it as well.

It is 31/12 here in Aussie, I had my prosecco (sparking white) last night - too much of it I am afraid. I ate extremely well all day - so that is a plus. Tonight I am on standby as my GD (16) who lives with us is going to babysit my other GD (3) overnight whilst the parents travel to a party. So I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy new year and I hope we all achieve our foals (healthwise, studywise etc ) in 2018
  • trooworld
    Options
    @trishastime thanks in my field, it is the top test for the degree (gemology). Thanks! I love Prosecco...I will probably have some tonight as a matter of fact! :) Happy New Year to you as well!

Hi all! I'm looking forward to starting 2018 off right. 2017 was not the best year for me for many reasons I won't go into. I have a lot of goals for 2018, small goals mostly. I look forward to accomplishing them. I hope you all have a Happy and Safe New Year!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    Wanted to pop on here real quick. I’m lucky to have shared 2017 with you Onto the new year

What are your Beyond the Scale goals for 2018?

https://youtu.be/-M9qMQzYhCY
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever thanks for the highlights. I really appreciate them. My Beyond the Scale goals are:
    • Sip 2 cups of water upon waking up
    • Sip 2 cups of water when I get home from work
    • Aim for 6,000 steps per day
    • Go for a 10-minute walk after dinner
    • Eat only 2 pieces of homemade pizza + salad
    • Skip the chips and dip
    • Skip the office sweets and bread and cheese
    • Read at least 2 paragraphs from a book every day

I wanted to set small, attainable goals that I could build on. How about you?

Hi all! Happy New Year! I stayed up entirely too late last night, I didn't get to bed until 3 a.m. so I'm not going to be worth much today, but I'll get some stuff done. I hope to get some meal prep done. I did drink my 2 cups of water upon waking, before coffee, so I'm off to a good start (see above).
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    Happy New Year!!
    It’s been a while since I’ve been here.. I’ve been so busy, but gained weight in the process ughh!!
    So, I joined WW for the millionth time lol!! I’m doing the meetings because the online only doesn’t work for me. I need to go somewhere, get weighed, and talk about my issues lol lol!
    I’ve missed you all!! Praying and hoping this is the year I finally do it!!!! I finally lose the weight!!!!
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone
    @trooworld - I never make resolutions - I find it sets me up for failure, I just have one goal to work on each month. Thi month it is just drinking 2 litres of water every day

@theslightedgeforever - Thankyou for the meeting update. Really pleased for you that you had a loss and that you got back on the wagaon (so to speak) sooner than you would have in the past.

@peruviansweetie - Hi there I am Trish ad a newbie to this group, I do not go to WW anymore- just doing my thing on MFP with the support of others. Glad to have met you.

Well here in Aussie it is 2/1/18. I have taken the 2 dogs for a walk, only chores planned today

Catch you all later
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Trooworld. Very good goals you have written out there. I really like the way you have worded them

My Beyond The Scale goals

1) bring my blood sugar levels down
    2) eat more beans and greens
    3) exercise at least 5 times a week
    4) upper back stretches 3 times a week

Yaaay on the water. I did 45 minutes exercise today and had vegetarian chili for lunch

Peru. Welcome back. Just keep at it until you find what works for you. Are you enjoying Freestyle That’s basically how I’m trying to eat now although I don’t do it officially. I was doing fine til December and then I think I gained each week. How are the kiddies

Trishastime. I must have posted wrong. No loss here. I’m hoping for this next week though. What kind of dogs do you have

Speaking of dogs I need to go send out the hounds for cbabie

I printed out a blank January calendar and then went back to my food diary for January 2017 and wrote whether I was OP or over calories. If I logged or even partially logged. Junk food or none Then went to Fitbit and wrote down how many steps I did. My goal this month is to do better each day than I did last January. If I do I’m putting a sticker on it. I really thought I did well last January but the evidence says no. I barely logged my food. I found out that Tuesdays and Fridays were really good OP days. I did lose 3.5 lbs in January so I will try to beat that. Today I had to beat 8300 steps so I was walking around the house a lot today. Looks like more of that in my future tomorrow
  • trooworld
    Options
    @peruviansweetie hello and happy new year to you! I joined WW again too, but only online. I'm hoping this is the year we all make it to goal! Good luck to you!

@TrishasTime yeah I hear you. I don't make resolutions, these are just goals for the year and if I make them fine, if I don't, I've made at least some progress towards them which is better than nothing. That is an excellent goal to work on this month. Drinking water is so important.

@theslightedgeforever thanks! Your goals are good, too. Yes, send out the hounds for cbabie. Good luck on beating your steps, 8300 steps is pretty good!

Hi all. I didn't catch up on my sleep yesterday (I only got 4 hours from NYE) but I did get a few things done. I made my breakfast and a snack and one meal plus dinner. I had a pretty good NSV yesterday, I was out of points and really hungry but it wasn't dinner time. I was tempted to snack while cooking but I did not, I just held off until dinner was ready and ate dinner. And since I was negative in my weekly points by 3, I skipped my wine spritzer and rolled over 2 daily points and caught up. I'm no longer negative! Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Morning gals:

I am back, it's been a long time since I have been on here. I think I forgot how to type on my computer. LOL
    I am getting back in the swing of things. I have spent the last few days, cleaning out my garage, saying goodbye to some of my dad's things I needed to let go, moving my desk in a place that I have access whenever I need to sit at it..so you should see me back to my consistent ways. I am not going to try to eat normal yet, we are doing a 3 day fast at church, so I will be able to eat healthy again after that, set my goals of calories and sugar in place. I have been slowly getting back into my exercise. I worked out with a you tube video of Leslie S today and hand weights. I am so out of shape, but will be getting back to the muscle tone again. My treadmill is dead, but I have new ways to move my body. LOL

@peruviansweetie Glad to see you back old friend!!! You can do this. I hear the WW is more protein in their new update. Sounds like a plan I could stick with.

@TrishasTime I am glad to have you here, It's fun to have someone from another part of the world here. Taking the dogs for a walk keeps you moving!!

@theslightedgeforever I am here!!

@trooworld Hey friend, sorry I have been MIA, either depression got me, moving my house around, or just busyness....but I am here. Thank you for telling theslightedge to send out the hounds for me...

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - I have 2 border collies aged 5 and 3. I have been out again this morning at 5.15 as we are getting close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit here on most days.

@trooworld - Super well done on your NSV especially as you were tired. It is so easy to give in when you are tired :)

@cbabie - Glad you found something to replace the treadmill,

As mentioned before we are getting close to 100 degrees here most days. Having border collies (working dogs), I need to get them out early as it ges way to hot later in the day. Tomorrow I go back to work so I have to be really organised.

Hope everyone has a great day

Trish
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    Hello ladies!!!
    Si glad to hear from you!!! I’ve been doing good with my points, so far, but it kind of sucks because it’s TTOM (that time of month) and that has me all messed up ughhhh, but I’m holding on!!!
    @TrishasTime Hi!! Nice to meet you and welcome!!! I’ve always wanted to visit Australia!!! Maybe one day I will lol!! I’m an old newbie. I met some of the ladies on here from the old WW boards. I miss those boards. I’m not too crazy about the connect thing!!! :(

@theslightedgeforever Hi there!!! Si glad to see you still here. I just joined WW yesterday, so I’m just learning about the freestyle thing/plan. I’m going to my first meeting tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it. My brother gave me a Fitbit for Christmas. I really like it!!! Yes I’m hoping I’ll be able stick to it this time around. My health depends on it, so I need to be serious about this!!

@trooworld Hi!! So glad to still see you here too. I tried the WW online, but it didn’t work. I really do like going to the meetings and getting weighed in. Here’s to a healthy 2018 for us!!!!

@cbabie My dear, old friend!!! I’ve missed you. I’m sorry to hear all that you’ve been going through and I haven’t been here to send a hug of comfort, but I’m sending lots of hugs now!!!!
    Hoping you come back often!! I love this group!!!
    ❤️❤️
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie welcome back! I missed you, I'm glad you are back. It sounds like you have a good plan.

@TrishasTime it sure is easy to give in when you are tired. I bet border collies need a lot of exercise? That's good for us health-conscious people lol. I hope you have a good first day back to work.

@peruviansweetie I do like the meetings and getting weighed in, there is something to be said for public weigh ins (not that anyone sees your weight but the receptionist). If Online doesn't work for me, I'll go back to the meetings. I wish you the best!

Hi all! I've been doing so well this week, despite overdoing it slightly on NYE, I balanced it out over the days after and I think I'll be okay when I weigh in tomorrow. But then again, you never know! I have a challenge at work today: someone at work is celebrating their 40th work anniversary and there will be food. I must stay strong. I can do this. Wishing you a good day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals! Today is the 1st day of a 3 day fast. This is a spiritual fast, 3 days of prayer and fasting. I am emotional today and I think it's just that it is so close to the day my Dad had the stroke and going through his things again this last week. You know, it should make me be the perfect role model...but I am human as so were my parents. I got a visual of me in my chair and it took me back to the last picture taken of my dad on his birthday last year...he was so heavy and he got to where he really only sat in his chair except to sleep or go to the bathroom. When I saw that I was headed that way this past week, I shook my head and said no no not today!! Some things are genetic, some are not. Sitting in my chair is not genetic, it's an emotion attached to a non action. So today I will get up and move....

@trooworld I am sure you will be fine, you really have a good will power about you and you know what your goals are. You also know that you won't just binge and then quit. You may eat some food you didn't plan on, but you also know how to get up and make tomorrow a better day.

@peruviansweetie I am so glad you are here, today your message made me cry at how good God is, he knew I needed an old friend today. Yes this is for your health, but you know it's really OUR LIFE...sometimes when we say health we think we have lots of time to change our ways....but what if what you ate or didn't eat or moved or didn't move and you could physically SEE life or death in your actions instead of on demand programming...LOL I turned 60 this Christmas and as I sat this morning, I thought God, why do we wait until we are this age to think about how to live a better physical life? I decided it's like my grandchildren, they think that death won't touch them because they are too young...so they don't always make good choices..LOL I didn't mean to be so drastic, but I looked at me, myself and I... and said health...hum I fly right over that word, but LIFE or no LIFE? That puts a whole different picture in my head. I remember the day I put my dad in a group home...he said are we going to your house or mine? That was the hardest conversation. He was a diabetic (years) heart patient (years)...and yet he chose to eat what he liked no matter what...his motto was...I will just take more insulin...So I am looking at me again...don't be like your father. I love my dad and miss him terribly, but not the part that I had to take care of him, worry over him...and know it was his choice not mine.

@TrishasTime wow the temps are high, when do you get chilly? I am sure you will get it all done. You sound like a planner! :) I hope you have a good rest of your day off!

@theslightedgeforever took the day off? LOL

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

@peruviansweetie - Do WW not have any WW boards anymore? From which country do you come from? I have a blaze fitbit. If you want to connect via fitbit as well please let me know

@trooworld - Good luck for your WI tomorrow. Yes my border collies require alot of attention. I take them out at 5am and my husband does 5.30pm. They also do agility and herding on different days

@cbabie - Our winter - if you call it that is from April to June. Does not get really low here and we certainly do not get snow in Western Australia where I live. I am sorry to hear that you are going through such an emotional time and yes I agree with you, when people are young, they are fearless and think, I do not have to worry about that at the moment. If only they knew :). Hope things get better for you soon

So far it has been a cruisy day - just teaching other team members when I am not having blanks. Working in the IT end, there is always new things that come up

Catch you all later

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2018
    Options
    trooworld Progress is everything. Ours may be slow but we will get there. That's why I enjoy the twins videos. One finally made it to goal and lifetime and the other is about 12 lbs away. Three days now of beating my goal. Speaking of goal as in my weight goal, it will take me til next year to hit goal. Too much to lose.

cbabie glad to see you back and moving your body. You don't want to get cancer or diabetes. I have no idea why I didn't post. I thought I did.

Trishastime, collies are nice. I'm not really a dog person despite having dogs through the years. Cats too although not a cat person either. Not a kid person having had three. lol Good for you for getting in the exercise early. I have a blaze also.

peru I've heard mixed reviews on the freestyle program. Some people lost and some gained. basically we need to find a program that works for us individually. If you cant find one, tweak one. And it's not all or nothing, you eat that way most of the time. 80/20 That's wĥy there are weeklies to use.

Here's a good podcast I found. I like listening to these on my phone while I walk or clean. Or I just use the computer if I'm by myself

realweightlossrealwomen.com/wlmr001-emotional-eating-binge-eating-compulsive-overeating/

sticker Day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie good for you, cbabie! What are you going to do for exercise today? I did do fine! ;)

@TrishasTime thanks! That's great, I have a pug and he doesn't require too much work but we do take him on long walks as often as we can because he likes it.

@theslightedgeforever yes, I saw that (I watch them too even though their talking over each other gets on my nerves lol). Good job on beating your goal! (What is your goal? I forget!) Thanks for the podcast, I'll check it out. I listen to a WW-related podcast, if you all are interested, it called "Whys Advice with FatDag" he's a WW leader in Indiana and it's not officially a WW podcast, but I like it.

Hi all! Well, I did well at the celebration yesterday. I didn't have any of the TWO cakes. I did have some of the roasted veggies and a piece of cheese and ham. I'd call that a win. ;) Despite my good behavior, at the scale this morning, I experienced a gain. I'm disappointed, but I am not too surprised because after NYE, I was negative. It took me most of the week to get out of the negative and that was by eating my FitPoints, and that has never worked out for me very well in the past. This week will be better (it was only a 0.8 lb gain).

I found a water app for my Android phone yesterday and it helped me drink 117 oz of water yesterday! It's free, it is called Water Drink Reminder, and it reminds you to drink water if you don't meet its goals. I love it. I needed something like this, as I was averaging about 16 oz of water a day. :( Have a good day everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all:
    I am doing much better, I was mostly just active yesterday, I got in 9537 steps, almost hit my 10K. I haven't done that in a while. I want to keep that as my goal of steps, I may not always reach it, but I know it's my normal activity level and need to strive for that. I am on this fast, so no food yesterday, just water. Today I will add some of my Young Living Ningxia red for nutrients, but will stay off food again today. This is just a 3 day fast. One of my grand kids said Grandma you can die from not eating...I said not just for 3 days....LOL I am de-cluttering and it feels good to put the past year behind me and look forward to 2018.

@TrishasTime I don't know what I would think about my winter being in April to June..LOL that would mess with my head. I live in AZ and we don't get much of a winter here either, but it's cold at night, so I feel like it's winter. :) We haven't turned the heat on yet...just put on more clothes.

@trooworld Good for you. See I knew you would breeze through that event. I remember when I was on a losing streak with WW and then would have a sudden gain..it would really bum me out...until I said you know It's like life, it has it's ups and downs..LOL I used to have an app that would drive my coworkers crazy. It would notify me it was time to drink, by the sound of pouring water. The girls always said it made them think they had to go potty..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Good job on being an overacheiver...I just found a note that said...I think she came out full grown...LOL It's a good thing you are a goal setter and you actually meet them...I set them and think why did I waste my time dreaming..LOL

okay, I have to go gals

Cbabie
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Just stopped in for a quick hello!! I’ll do personals tomorrow. The kids stayed home from school today and they’ll be staying home tomorrow too. This snow has us locked in lol!!! Have a good night ladies!! I’ll be back tomorrow!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld One of my goals is to beat or match what I did last year on the same day regarding food and steps. For instance tomorrow I have to stay within my calories and no JF plus more than 6419 steps. Well, you have figured out you need to stay in the positive and not eat your fitpoints back. I remember Kim (twin) saying she can't eat all of her weeklies or she gains and that each person has a sweet spot and needs to find out what that magic number is. I know mine in calories (1521 weekly average), it's just a matter of doing it each day and exercising. I found out that 30 min a day 5-6 times a week cardio is better for me than 40 minutes. I'm more consistent so in the long run, it works. You did excellent at the celebration.

cbabie I remember your water app. It is annoying Good for you on your steps Just checked, you are still ahead of me and I've had a good four days. Oh if you could see all the goals I make and don't meet. But I was recently listening to a podcast and it was talking about us always searching for a new plan that will work or insert new goal here. It said that makes pathways in tbe brain and forms a habit. What we should be doing is staying with the plan you chose or goal and see WHY it's not working and take actions to fix it. This also forms a pathway in our head and a habit.. So which do we want: a habit of always searching or a habit of finding a solution. My habit of searching runs deep.

peru Keep warm. My daughter got classes cancelled and she was excited. She's 26. Doesn't she realize she still has to learn the same information so she will be more stressed later on when the professor doubles up on the info she's teaching.

Daily check in Sticker Day