NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hmmm thought I checked in but evidently not.

cbabie If you pick two breakfasts and two lunches and rotate them throughout the week, you can just track yhem once and then "copy to" whatever date you want. Yaaaay on getting in your steps.

trooworld I'm glad you are feeling better. Have you been journaling your emotions during this accident and sickness for your coach?

cmedwards Good for you for trying something new to shake your body up.

Ok need to exercise in a bit

Yesterday-

tracked
    over cals and carbs
    treadmill 40 min
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Well I did not get my exercise in. So onto tomorrow......

I'm heading out for an extended vacation but will check in. I will be visiting some friends then head to my sister's house for a week. Then to one of my son's house for a week. Then to my other children's house for two weeks. All with no scale Yikes I didn't do too well last year. So I must make better choices this year and not keep saying I'm on vacation. Eating out alot puts weight on me. I have my exercise all planned though. That should help. Now to just stick to it. My goal is to still track everyday. That will help.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning gals:

I tracked every bite again yesterday and stayed close. I had a function at work last night and didn't eat what we had catered in...lots of 2 bite foods and much wine and beer. I don't drink, so that wasn't an issue, but boy was I starving when I got home last night around 9...so Jif and ice cream sandwiches it was. I was still under, but only because of my steps..over 10K again!! I saw lots of people I hadn't seen in years and it was good, they all said you look so good and thin..LOL that means I was heavier back then and/or niceties.. :)

@theslightedgeforever safe trips!!! you can do this, you don't have to gain, but it's okay to maintain too!

@cmedwards52 I feel much better when I let go of the carbs and processed foods too! Great job! Glad you feel better.

Okay I have to run get my walk in.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning,

I guess everyone is busy, depressed, or forgot...or on vacation. LOL

I tracked and I went over, too much chocolate. :( Oh well I ate it and tracked. It's the beginning to getting back my control.

I hope all is well in everyone's world.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trying to keep up on my daily habits and checking in and tracking are going to be important to keep me on track.

So I've done both today so far. Probably why I gained last year. No accountability to myself or to others

I need more water but then that means more bathroom stops

Cbabie. Good for you for continuing to track and get in your exercise
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,136 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm feeling a bit better, migraine is finally gone, cold is getting better. I'm going back to work on Monday finally. Back is still stiff but I'm going to start physical therapy so that should help. Eating is going pretty well. I think I'm onto something with this mindfulness eating that my coach is talking about. I bought a book about it: "Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle" and it's interesting so far. My coach is certified in mindfulness coaching, so we are going to work on some of those techniques. My husband does this impression of me when I eat fries, it's really sad to me, he just shovels them in without stopping. It makes me want to cry. He isn't doing it to hurt me, but it does.

@theslightedgeforever when I started feeling so crappy, I didn't journal. But I wasn't eating really badly anyway, so it's ok. Have fun on your vacation, can you look at the menus ahead of time and make smart choices?

@cbabie great job tracking!
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Well so far so good on this low carb routine. Down 3.25 today and feeling really good and VERY motivated. Beautiful sunny day here today too. Bit of a sad family touch to it however. This is the 50th anniversary of my Father's death. He was killed by a drunk driver at the age of 51. I was 14 - my siblings were 25, 23, 12 and 8. Please do me a favor and do whatever you can to get these drunks off the road. Save 1 person's life and you'll save a lifetime of heartache for his/her family. So often the DRUNK kills an innocent person but comes out of it himself/herself without a scratch.
    Cheers, Carol
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm spending it trying to get better still. I'm feeling somewhat better but still weak from the cold and nauseas from the concussion. My doctor said I could feel nauseas for 3 months! I'm not looking forward to that. I forgot to ask him how long before I can start exercising but I'm sure it will be a long time. I'm nowhere near feeling like I can. I stopped by work yesterday to pick something up, it was nice to see everyone. I'm glad I'm going back on Monday. Tomorrow is weigh in day, I'm hoping to lose at least one pound. This is TMI I'm sure but ever since the accident I've been constipated, so I might be holding that pound in lol. Well, I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

@gemwolf110 good to hear from you, it sounds like you are settling in nicely at work. Yay for getting your steps in. I can't remember the last time I got my steps in, thanks to the accident.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I'm doing something right because I lost.......4.5 lbs this week! We'll see if I can keep this losing streak up when I go back to work this next week. I hope so. I made something really good last night for dinner: One pot spanish chicken and rice. It was supposed to be made with bone in skin on thighs but I made it with boneless skinless chicken breasts. Delicious. Tonight, we are having Cheesy broccolini spaghetti squash. Hopefully that will be easy to make too. Have a great day, all.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    trooworld congrats to you!! Doesn't a big loss feel wonderful? I had a good one this week too. You (WE) can keep this going.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld Glad you are feeling better. Food choices could be better these last three days. Being at someone's house is harder. I hope to make up for it next week Eat you some prunes for your little problem. Especially before weigh in Yaaay on your weigh in.

Carol glad your plan is working for you Yes let's keep losing.

Gemwolf. New desks are fun. So just figure out your plan to get in some exercise

I got in my steps yesterday. I'm in Chicago and my friend and I participated in the March for Science So lots of walking DH and I are going to go for a walk in a bit
  • cbabie
    Options
  • cbabie
    Options
    I thought we could all use some humor on a Monday morning.
  • cbabie
    Options
    hey gals:

so far I have tracked all weekend and have all my meals today planned. I didn't walk over the weekend, DH sleeps in and Saturday, I had a melt down and went to my dad's place and slept in his bed for 3 hours..oh well I guess I needed it.

@gemwolf110 yes it's hard to get your steps in when you sit at a desk. I purpose to carry one thing at a time just to get in some steps..LOL I am glad you are enjoying your new job and look forward to having you visit us again.

@trooworld So sorry that you still fell icky..but yea on the loss! just know you are on the upswing!

@theslightedgeforever the good part is you are tracking...it keeps us accountable.!!

@cmedwards52 YES WE can do this!!

okay gals overslept, have to get moving.

Cbabie
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a quite Saturday, didn't do much. Sunday I went to Church and we had a potluck dinner afterwards. I like getting to socialize with the people but making good food choices is so hard with lots of food around. The bad part is with potluck you can't plan ahead on what you will be eating. I didn't do too bad but probably still ate more than I should have. I will just have to get a bit more exercise in this week. Two of my Grandkids will be staying with me next week. Mealtime will be a challenge on coming up with things my grand-daughter can eat. She is the one, that for now, cannot eat gluten, dairy, eggs, potatoes, root vegetable, soy and etc. I will love having them but will have to do a lot of planning.

@trooworld..You did so good on your weight this week, 4.5 pounds, wow!!! That is great, especially after all you have been going through. You are an inspiration.

@cbabie.. I loved your last post about the twinkies. It made me smile.

@cmedwards52.. Good job on your weightloss. That is fantastic and doesn't it make you feel good too? You are so right, the drunk drivers need to stay off the roads. Sorry about your Dad.

@gemwolf110.. Congratulations on the new job!! After all your hard work and crazy schedule, it is finally here!!

@theslightedge..I hope you and your hubby are having a good time on your trip. It shoulds like you are getting your exercise in, which is awewome. Keep up the good work!

Time to go walk on my treadmill. Have a good day!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Here's the WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/GB2b6OYAQZo
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Well, I made it through my first day back at work. It was tough but I did it. I did leave an hour early. It was good to be back. I've lost 6.2 lbs in a month, so I'm very happy with my progress and hope I can keep it up. I think what has made the difference for me is tracking everything and being accountable to someone (my Vida coach). Plus, the past two weeks I've been off work and not had to deal with free food. Now that I'm back at work, we'll see how I deal with it!

@cmedwards52 yes indeed! Congrats to you as well! We can do it!!!

@theslightedgeforever I am feeling a bit better. I've been having fiber and it is helping. It must be hard at other people's houses making food choices. Just do the best you can. Chicago--- watch out for that pizza!!! I wanted to participate in the march for science but was too sick!

@cbabie lol to the sign! Good job tracking. Melt downs are allowed on occasion.

@lore11a I'm sure that is a fun part about church. I would love that part (I don't go to church, but if I did, I would love that). Enjoy the time with your grandkids. That sounds like a challenging eating plan indeed! Thanks, Lore. I'm doing really well right now I hope I can keep it up.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning! I have stayed on track and tracking every bite..I have kept up on my treadmill and got my 10K steps again yesterday!!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the video...I watched it and she is me...

@lore11a I love my grandkids too!! God knew we needed them after raising our own..LOL I have a few of my own that are on restricted diets...

Okay gotta run.

cbabie
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I definitely got my steps in today!! I mowed my yard and my next door neighbors yard. It is supposed to start raining after while and then rain for the next 4 days or so. I got 12,554 steps in so far.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. You have had a great month. Now on to the next one. So you need a plan for work goodies. Best thing is bring your own so you control the calories and portions

Cbabie. Good for you for staying on track The only good thing I have done so far on vacation is tracking all my food. I took a 45 min walk with dh today. Tomorrow a hike is planned

Lore11a. Wow on your steps. I still need to work on mine. Even with a walk I was short