NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    cbabie Did you walk at work? How about those bikes you have at work?

trooworld Now that you have your gym card set a time to go to the gym. The hardest part is just starting. For me it's a matter of putting on my shoes.

lore I thought you were in your early 40's and thought no way can you have been married 50 years. We can all learn from each other.

I took a walk with dh.

Awww!!! You are so sweet. Actually I am 67 years old. Older than dirt!! Lol.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    mysticlizard Think of all the calories you must be burning. Do you have time to eat well?

trooworld Great mantra. Yaaay on the gym. Does the gym have any changing rooms? Something to add to your nightly routine is packing your gym bag. I'm more visual also. I made me a vision board of sorts on Trello. Called Weekly review. I already had my goals but then it seems I'm just basically maintaining. lose a lb gain a pound. I went back and analyzed where I went over my cals/carbs for the week. For instance I realized if I would just get a smaller cup to drink my chocolate milk, I would save calories. Even 1/4 cup less saves cals/carbs. I also realized I'm falling short of my step goal about 2000 steps. So I decided if I would just get up and put on my headphones and walk around the house for one song every hour that would add more steps. I did it once and it's about 250 steps. So maybe all these little things will add up

cbabie Feeling weird, ey? Usually I'm the weird one ;P Hopefully you will be back to normal exercise routine. Idle hands are of the devil lol Just thinking about the differences between us. How about we change that to idle bodies are of the devil.

lore You look good. How was your day? I didn't exercise I had bookclub but made good choices and stayed within cals and carbs even eating out and coming home and snacking. I split an entree with someone. Tomorrow night is a birthday party. I want to lose my pound this week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Today, I have to take my husband to a cardiologist even though he is only 40. His regular doctor heard something on an EKG and wants him to get it checked out. I hope he's okay, I'm really worried.

@cbabie can you just take a 10 minute break at work and walk? Or first thing when you get home, walk for 10 minutes? Even 10 minutes is a start.

@lore11a I agree with theslightedgeforever, you look in your 40s!

@theslightedgeforever the gym does have a locker room with a bathroom I *could* change in but just never do. I think I would rather change at work. I do pack my gym bag every night, and usually bring it with me. I like the idea of your Weekly Review board, can you tell us what kinds of things you put on that board? I love that you analyze your week.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning: I am trying to work and do this at the same time. I have to go to a funeral this morning for a friend at my church who lost his father 6 days after mine.....I have looked back at my fitbit scores and realized I have not met most of my goals since my father had his stroke. I am working now on gaining back my health and routine.

@trooworld yea for you for making it to the gym. I am so busy at work it's hard to take the 10, but I am going to try. thank you for encouraging me to do so. Try not to worry and know that it's a good thing that the Dr asked him to have it checked out..you guys are taking charge of your health and that is a good thing.

@lore11a I hope you have a good day today!!

@theslightedgeforever I agree with trooworld, I love the way you analyze. LOL I will send you my stats and you can come up with a plan for me.. :)

Okay girls I have to get to work..my boss made me cry yesterday...I am not preforming. So see you guys later.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning: I made it though the funeral. I did not work out. I will be so glad when DH goes back to work. I am at the point that I am miserable!!! Legs ache, stomach feels full all the time..so it's time for a change. I reviewed my stats and for 4 months...I have been poorly taking care of me. So today, I am going to get my teeth cleaned and take charge of me...I know better, but I have been in an emotional time bomb and I don't want it to go off..LOL I want it defused.

How are the rest of you doing?

What plans do you have for the weekend?

I have to work, go to the dentist, errands, etc. But I am going to do some meal planning and prep.

okay I have to go get things going.

cbabie
  • cathyfalcone9819
    cathyfalcone9819 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm at the age that I think I will put in the will insisting that everyone. Continue to take if themselves. I know it is hard but in order to be there for others sometimes we to re fill our tanks
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Well, at the cardiologist yesterday, they just tested my husband: an echo cardiogram. So, I don't know anything yet but we'll see. Last night I had my first meeting with my health coach. It went really well. Video call over the internet. We talked about my weight loss history, my challenges, and made some goals including: workout 3 times a week, track 6 days out of 7, drink at least 60 oz of water a day. I liked her very much and she sent me the first of some information about mindful eating. I look forward to working with her. Today, my work is sponsoring a symposium and I am going to it. I am not looking forward to it, as it is going to take up 8am-6pm of my Saturday. I won't be able to grocery shop until after I get back and by then, I hope I'm not too hungry. Tomorrow, we are going to a "Healthy Living Festival" at the fairgrounds.

@cbabie what an awful time to be reprimanded for not performing! Shame on your boss. Good for you for making the decision to take care of yourself, and getting your teeth cleaned is an excellent first step!
  • lore11a
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!!
    We are supposed to have some nice weather this week-end. I may have to get out and mow my grass. I like to get some exercise with yard and garden work when it is warm outside. I got out a little yesterday and worked in my garden. I don't have a lot planted yet, just green onions and potatoes. In a week or two I plan on buying some tomato plants and peppers. I will probably plant some radishes too and not sure what else.

@trooworld..Sorry to hear your hubby is having some problems. It may just be something really minor. My EKG's are always abnormal, but my Cardiologist says they are normal for me, whatever that means. Lol.

@theslightedgeforever..I am doing pretty good, thank you. How are you? Sounds like you are doing really well with your calories and eating out. I always mean to do good eating out but there is all that tempting food calling my name. Maybe I need to change my name!!!

@cbabie..It is so hard to remain focused on eating and exercise when there are thing going on with our loved ones and just life in general. Something always seems to get in the way of our progress. I know you will succeed though. You have a Great Day.

@Mysticlizard..It sounds like you are getting a lot of exercise with your new job. Good to hear you like it. Are you learning a lot about plants?

Everyone have a blessed week-end. You all are in my prayers!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    xdno6cgr0mfq.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited April 2017
    Options
    cbabie What are you going to do when dh retires and wants to sleep in all the time? Better start preparing a back up plan now. How about Wiifit?

cathyfalcone Good idea about the will. Sometimes people listen closer to "last words". They treat them as sacred.

trooworld Great goals. I hope this works for you. I'll put up a pic of my Trello board after this. How was the Healthy Living festival? How is your husband? I have abnormal EKGs. Slight arrythmias. I take meds for it daily and they tell me don't worry. I do worry though when I feel my heart beat weirdly or not at all for just a second. But I'm here still kicking. Trying to get healthier.

lore11a I do better with flowers and plants than veggies. I went to my birthday party and bypassed the chips, nuts, chocolate, soda, and cake. It was potluck so I saved my calories for brownie trifle that I brought. I chose well and didn't fill my plate and didn't go back for seconds like everyone else. Still went over my calories though. But still lost my pound. All is well.

WW meeting highlight

youtube.com/watch?v=hrdZ1Y_NOXw

• theslightedgeforever
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I thought I gained weight this week but then I realized I was comparing today's weight to a mid-week weigh in, when I did the math of last Sunday to this Sunday, I actually lost 1.1 lbs, so I'm happy! After speaking with my coach, I've made a menu for this week that is a bit healthier than usual. This is what is on the menu:

Sunday- Baked garlic parmesan chicken with fennel gratin
    Monday- Asian quinoa meatballs + steamed veggies
    Tuesday- Curried red lentil and pumpkin soup + zucchini cakes
    Wednesday- Chinese green beans with lean ground beef
    Thursday- bunless chickpea burgers + baked zucchini fries

And for breakfast, I'm having a light English muffin + avocado + an egg. Snacks are shrimp cocktail, caramel rice cakes + Jif Whips (chocolate and peanut butter variety), and P3s (those snack packs that have cubes of turkey or ham, nuts and cheese).

@lore11a I hope you got the good weather that you were looking forward to. I wish I had a yard to do a garden, I don't have the sunshine at my current place to have even a patio garden, it's so shaded and dark. :( I hope the cardiology thing is something minor too.

@theslightedgeforever great quote! I'm going to the festival today, if there is time. I was at that symposium all day yesterday and then went grocery shopping, so today we have to do laundry and cook a few meals. I'm hoping to still go to the festival either before or after that stuff. My husband is worried about his echocardiogram, his family tends to die early, so we are both worried. He's only 40! Congrats on losing your pound! Thank you for sharing your Trello board, I love it!

• lore11a
    Options
    I lost 1.2 lbs

g88hwlf9soin.gif

Yay!!! Good Job!!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Well we went to the Healthy Living Festival and it was nothing but vendors trying to sell you things. And on top of that, it was a bunch of new age things like "check your aura" and stuff I'm not into. We stayed for 10 minutes and left. The good thing is that we parked pretty far away and we had to walk, so I got a little exercise. Plus, I walked with hubby and the dog this morning.

I'm meal prepping right now, I have 4 things cooked and need to cook one more thing before I turn the kitchen over to hubby to cook dinner. I'm exhausted but must keep going. I've drank enough water today, which is unusual on the weekends (usually, I hardly drink any water). At least most of the food will be done and we won't have any excuses to make last minute burritos or spaghetti or anything else not on our meal plan this week.

Well, I hope everyone has a great night!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Your menus look good. I need to do that. Yaaay on your lb now let's do it again next week.

lore11a Did you get in any exercise today?

I had a really good day. I drank 8 glasses of water which I never do. I stayed within my calories and carbs. Plus walked 30 min and did 43 min of weights. If all days could be like this.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hello:

yesterday was a bust...I did good on Saturday, but absolutely went on plan yesterday. Today DH goes back to work, normal routine per say. I didn't even get meal prep done...really needed that pedicure. New week, new day!!!

@trooworld Great job on the loss and the meal prep!!! I love that you and DH do things together!
    @lore11a I always wanted a garden, but our yard has full sun most of the time..I haven't figured out out to have a garden or the time to do one...on my bucket list. :)
    @theslightedgeforever great job..I am so proud of you.

okay gals the plan is to get on that TREADMILL and I am looking forward to it!! It's been 2 weeks min that I have not been able to get on it.

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Yesterday, I had a good day too. I went over my calories but only by 8 and it was an accident. Today, I am leaving wiggle room of 182 calories. Hopefully I won't eat them! I'm off to work and then I am home early at 1 because an exterminator is coming for our mice problem. This apartment has been nothing but trouble, I can't wait to move out of it!

@theslightedgeforever I wonder if drinking enough water helped you stay within your calories and carbs? You really did have a great day!

@cbabie Today is a new day, start fresh! Yes, I like that DH and I do things too...he's my best friend and really, I only have two other friends here, everyone else moved away and I didn't replace them when they left. Enjoy the treadmill!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Got my walk on the treadmill. Logged my breakfast hit on the scale to see the damage.

Restart
  • cbabie
    Options