NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are so close to your goal, that must be exciting. You'll find this to be a very supportive group. I'm from southern CA.
  • NancyMallo
    NancyMallo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I would also like to join this you. I'm 62 and retired. I spend my days painting, walking the dog, going to the gym and logging my food.

I started my journey doing WW. But when my husband wanted to loose weight we couldn't afford both of us, so we started MFP. I lost 15 with WW and 15 with MFP. And have about 30 to go.

I look forward talking to you.

Have a nice evening

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    trooworld 3 oz is nothing so back to shooting for the lb this week. I can't think beyond one lb. Baby steps
    Woohoo on the exercise. My planned exercise went by the wayside. My friend's sister suddenly died so I went over to her house. So back at it again for me tomorrow.

@cmedwards52 Welcome to the group. An easy way to find us again is to add this group as a favorite by clicking on the star at the top right next to our group name. One day I would like to go to Canada. I have a Canadian friend. Does that count?

@NancyMallo I'll just repeat same thing as I did to cmedwards. Welcome to the group. An easy way to find us again is to add this group as a favorite by clicking on the star at the top right next to our group name. What kind of painting do you do? Watercolors? Oils?

food-Over cals and carbs
    Exercise none
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    WW Meeting Highlight video

https://youtu.be/Iv8GYDly4t0
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all! I am glad to say that I tracked everything that went into my mouth yesterday. I have pretracked breakfast, lunch and dinner today...just need to add snacks which I will do shortly. Yesterday, hubby and I went for a 40 minute walk. It was a really nice day and it was enjoyable, but my knee started hurting towards the end. Oh well, I'm pushing through the pain. I was going to make some of the meals yesterday but hubby said he would make the soup and that sabotaged that plan because only one person can be in our kitchen at once. Well, he didn't end up making the soup and no extra meals got made so that's disappointing. :( The night he makes the soup, I'll go for a walk. I don't know about the other nights, it depends on who is cooking.

@NancyMallo welcome! It sounds like you have a nice retired life. I used to paint years ago. Congrats on your weight loss so far.

@theslightedgeforever I can't think beyond one pound either. Hubby asked me if I want to set a goal for myself for July, and I told him no because everytime I set a goal with a deadline, it sabotages me. I'm sorry to hear about your sister's friend. Thanks for posting the highlight video, I'll have a look later.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trello. You have come up with some great plans. Good for you. I was doing good til the evening. Then mindless snacking of popcorn and grapes while DH and I watched TV together. We never watch TV together It became a binge watch. I told him next time we are going to watch while we are moving in the gym. No reason to just sit there. Let's hope I remember that next time

Food over cals and carbs
    Exercise none

Where is the rest of our gang. I hope out walking in pretty springtime weather
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

I am sorry have been MIA for a couple of days. Life just gets too crazy for me these days. I am not where I should be, but I am better than I was for a few days. I will just keep trying and I will get to the place I need to be. I feel like the Israelite that took 40 years that should have taken days...LOL But the message is they made it.

I have been walking on my treadmill, but the ice cream got me the last couple of nights. So last night no ice cream. That's a plus in my book.

@cmedwards52 Welcome!!! We were many, but the last couple of weeks we seem to have lost a few. We all work together on this journey! Glad you are a part of it.

@NancyMallo Welcome!!! I look forward to hearing from you. We come here to encourage and swap ideas on what is working and what isn't.

@trooworld you know you are moving and I see the important of moving...You are making good choices.

@theslightedgeforever I eat sweets and my DH eats chips..gotta find a different hobby. LOL

Okay gals gotta run.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I did not walk yesterday as I ended up cooking. :( I had planned on going to the gym after work and walking, but hubby is still sick and not up for the gym (I either meet him at the gym and then we drive home together, or I pick him up from work...we share 1 car and he doesn't drive). Tonight, I vow to either make it to the gym, or walk while hubby is making dinner (it's his turn). I have tracked everything for 3 days now (I pretracked today). Yay me! It feels good.

@theslightedgeforever that's a good idea to watch tv at the gym. When I DO go to the gym, I usually bring my Kindle and either read or watch Netflix while I'm on the treadmill.

@cbabie great job on the treadmill and not having ice cream last night! You nipped that habit in the bud. Now, just stay out of it lol. Sometimes that is easier said than done though, right?
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all! I hope you are well. I'm feeling really alone on this board right now lol. I'm sure there are good reasons why so many people are not here, busy, life etc.

I didn't do so well yesterday: at work, I bought a blondie and ate it. It was way too sugary and I regreted it but still ate it. I hope today is a better day. I also didn't do any exercise yesterday. I hope to today.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - I am getting ready to start a new job so finishing up and closing out a lot of things right now. I have worked from home the last ten years so it is going to be a huge change for the household. I am excited though as I have taken a very physical job. So I should be in excellent physical shape by the end of summer. Not having supervisory, paperwork, sitting at the bench or desk all day, and getting paid to workout, it doesn't get much better than that.

Please know that I do stop by and read the posts. I think of all of you and send prayers, wishes, and happy thoughts to all of you. When I get the new routine down, I will start keeping up better.

I hope everyone has am awesome day. (((Hugs)))

Liz
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever thanks for the tip on bookmarking. That is much easier. Yes a Canadian friend certainly counts. We make very good friends (and neighbours). What part of Canada does your friend live in? We live in British Columbia's Fraser Valley - about 60 miles East of Vancouver.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie 40 years.....Gosh I'd be 93. I was trying to imagine my Granny in a bikini. I don't think I'd be a pretty site. Diabetes, stroke, or heart disease would get me way before though. So I need to figure this out. I used to have slow and steady wins the race as my mantra but then decided at some point I need to cross the finish line. Hmmm I just gave myself an idea. You can't just go out and run a marathon. People start in smaller races. They can cross the finish line knowing they finished that race. This race for me looks very long. I just need to run shorter races.

Trooworld You are our role model right now. Sounds like you are taking active steps towards the finish line. Sorry to hear your dh is still sick.

mysticlizard That's the best way to get in shape. Making it a part of your everyday environment. We miss you.

PMS is kicking my butt this week. You wouldn't think at 53 I should still be dealing with it. I wonder if there are any oils or natural things to fight off munchies and cramps.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I'm continuing to slip: last night I had tortilla chips and salsa. I need to throw them away but have not. Maybe I will before I go to work. Today at work is yoga day: we have an optional yoga class for an hour. I am going, I think. I enjoy going. The only reason I am hesitating is because my husband might not go to the gym, and if he doesn't go to the gym, I need to get back to the area he works in to pick him up from work (we share a car).

@mysticlizard good to know you still read the posts. It sounds like a big change for you. That's great that your job is physical! Have a great day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all my friends.

I have been having pain in my back shoulder blades and not it's moved into my neck...when I sneeze I feel as if my head is going to blow off my neck...I am ready for my normal body and mind back..LOL

@mysticlizard I love new beginnings...enjoy your new job.
    @trooworld Sorry we left you here alone. My life is still trying to get into order. I am so proud of you and your continued push to get healthy!!
    @theslightedgeforever I don't want to be in a bikini at 60...LOL Sorry for the PMS.

Okay gals I am going to go try to walk, it's raining here and cooler than yesterday..

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I'm up early today to go in to work at 6:30. I love Fridays, not just because it is Friday, but because I get off at 3 this day. I get to beat some of the traffic which is nice for a change. Yesterday at work, we celebrated a colleague's birthday. I ate sugary stuff. :( Hopefully today is a better day eating-wise.

@cbabie I'm sorry you are in pain. That makes it hard to do anything else. Good for you for going for a walk.
  • heal130
    heal130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Morning-I just left WW last week my health app stopped syncing and WW tech never called to correct the issue I am Lifetime with WW up 15 tired of paying with constant app issues. Love the MFP app they have definitely improved it since I used it last and the Apple Watch app works! And my health app syncs!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. I was watching a WW member video on YouTube and they took a Mission extra thin corn tortilla and cut it into triangles. Then put it into an air fryer and viola tortilla chips But for less points. I can't remember if they sprayed them with Pam first or not. Their point was find a way to make the things you love to eat a little bit healthier

Cbabie. Are you still having shoulder pain. I did not walk today Didn't do much of anything

@heal130 Welcome to our group. There are so many ways to track now without paying for WW. If I could pay for consistency I just might. Lol. You can click the little star at the top right next to the thread name and it will make this a favorite

gemwolf. Neat about the bikes. My brother was an avid cyclist. He would ride to work in the snow I thought he was crazy. Lol. But he worked long hours and said it was the only time he could exercise It worked for him. Then weekends he would do long rides. That's great that you and your fiancé can do it together.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day than today
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi, All. I have been reading this board and trying to keep up with everyone. I am still very busy taking my parents back and forth to appointments. I am very thankful I am able to do that. I just bought a Zumba Gold set of Dvds a few days ago and I think I am going to really like them. There are 3 Dvds in the set. The first one shows you the basic steps of the dances you will be doing. The second one is the Cardio, which is the actual dancing and it is a very good workout that lasts 45 minutes. It is really good in that you get good exercise but it is not as high impact as some of the regular Zumba. The third one is still some of the dances but you use 1 lb weights.

@trooworld..Sorry to hear about your cat. Pets can seem like a member of your family. How are your Toes doing? I hope your hubby is feeling better.
    @Mysticlizard..That is so exciting about your new job. You will have to give us more details.
    @theslightedgeforever..Thank you for always sharing the WW videos with us. They are very good.
    @cbabie..Sorry to read you are in pain and have been depressed. Praying for a speedy recovery for you.
    @gemwolf110..congrats on you and your fiance's new bikes. I am sure you all will get a lot of great exercise with them. When does your new job start?
    @cmedwards52..Congratulations on being so close to your goal weight.

Well, I have to go get some exercise in. Everyone have a great week-end!!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I just got back from grocery shopping, we were light on money so I couldn't buy enough snacks. I hope that doesn't shoot me in the foot. I did have enough for meals, but barely. I'm going to "officially" weigh in tomorrow. I don't know if I lost or not, but on Thurs I weighed in and was down 2.4 lbs. I doubt it will be that much still, I haven't been drinking enough water and I ate those chips.

@gemwolf110 yeah I don't keep this stuff in the house usually, I bought it because I was starving after work/before dinner. I need to come up with a list of snacks after work. Congrats on your bikes, I hope you enjoy them!

@theslightedgeforever that's a good idea about the tortilla.

@heal130 welcome! I'm glad you like MFP.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all:

I don't know who will get on here over the weekend, but I wanted to post and tell you I am sorry for being MIA. I didn't know that on my last post that would be the day that my father passed away. It was not really expected. I knew he was getting more silent and less caring about the day, but I didn't expect it. I got a text at work telling me that they were calling 911 on my father. I work 30 min away, my husband was home, so I sent him over there, but he was really already gone by the time the paramedics arrived.

Now I also need to tell all my friends here who have become like family!! I have a sister on this board, she has been here from the very beginning. We were talking about creating this board for us WW people and for others who are not...when we decided to give this a try, we decided not to be sisters here. Sometimes weight and family are good, sometimes not. Sometimes you don't feel you can just be YOU...so we decided we were just 2 people just like you. However, sis the passing of my father, I can't let her not show her grieve on here just because we decided we were just 2 people on a board. She needs to tell you if she is having a bad day due to grief or if she is having a good day because of your support. So I hope you all understand why we both decided just to be people and not sisters. You all have become like family to me and I look forward to this board and all that you have become to me. @theslightedgeforever, thank you for being my friend and my sister.

oh just FYI I have not exercised since Thursday, and eating whatever I feel like at the time. I am allowing my self to feel what I need to feel to move on and be whole again.

Okay, to the mortuary to make some decisions.

Cbabie.