NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - I did sleep well, thanks. I usually do, I just don't always get to bed as early as I should. Intuitive eating isn't intuitive when we've had decades of social and cultural programming aka brainwashing. You have to relearn to listen to your body's signals. Have you checked out the anti-diet blog on refinery29.com? It's all about a woman's journey to intuitive eating and how she is still a work in progress.

@theslightedgeforever - WTG trying new things!

@cbabie - Yay to being back out walking. It's pouring rain here, no walking today.

Another long day, Came home and did more than an hour's worth of chores and now I am DONE for the night. Hope you all have a good night.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    cbabie hooray on your 5 lbs. Now that you are walking again, you can work on the next lb. After I fast I sort of give myself permission to eat anything I want saying you deserve this now. You've been so good. Not a healthy way of thinking.

trooworld 1/4 veggies. my first thought was that means I have to make a 3rd thing. lol I will try. Maybe baby carrots where I just open a bag. Think how your budget will be affected if you don't get your eating under control. More trips to doctor, hospital stays, more meds. So in a way they are connected. Here have some cheese with your whine. lol The trick is to think about all this just for the day and break it down. Can you track breakfast? Do you have the app on your phone? Take a pic of your food if you are busy so you can track it later if need be.

neohgirl Intuitive eating. I'll look at that website. I wasn't raised with good role models when it came to healthy eating and exercise. So I'm learning to form new habits.

Food over on cals and carbs
    Exercise 15 min walk Tomorrow I want to do some weight lifting, ask me later if I did.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    neohgirl Can you give me the link to the article. I went to the website and so many interesting articles, but never found that one.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Morning: Just a quick note...I didn't stay on plan, because I forgot the meat was frozen, however I DID NOT eat sugar or sweets. I just ate a few too many cashews. So I feel good about the choices I did make. I could have chosen the buttercream frosted cake sitting on my counter.. :)

Okay going for my walk, didn't get my 10K steps in either..almost but that only counts in horse shoes.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My husband has been sick since Friday and last night I woke up to him coughing in my face. I hope I don't get sick. I can't afford to miss any work.

@NEOHgirl thanks for the link, I'll look for it.

@theslightedgeforever lol what I meant was like a steam-bag of veggies. No making 3 things! ;) I do have the app on my phone but I prefer the website. I'll try to track today at least breakfast. I wasn't raised with healthy eaters either. Are you still planning on doing some weightlifting today?

@cbabie great job avoiding that cake!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Cbabie Good for you for not turning to sweets and sugar. While nuts may have high calories, they are still good for you. horseshoes and hand grenades

trooworld I hope you don't get sick. I enjoy using the phone app more because I eat alot of the same food combinations. On the phone if I type in sliced bread it gives me all the foods I usually eat with sliced bread so I can just click click click from the same page. It always takes me longer on the website. The important thing is for us to track no matter how. Did you get any exercise done? I always worry about cancer risk using those veggie steam bags.

gemwolf Awesome stats. I need to work on my steps. My legs ache when I get on the elliptical. About 3 minutes and I'm ready to get off. I can't imagine 40 min

Food budget under cals and carbs
    Exercise I did 20 min weights and 10 min doing a fitness test using FitStar app.
    Has anyone used that app yet? Its a Fitbit thing. I'm going to try to use that app each day to vary my exercise routine.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

I stayed to plan ALMOST...there was cookies at work cake at home...and I didn't eat any of it..YEA. However I was wanting something sweet last night and again went to the cashews. (ate too many) Was still under calorie goals, but need more protein. I am working on that. I see the cycle and when I get really hungry and why. So I am learning and that's important. I am still having a little cough..can't walk to day. DH goes in late..someone else is sleeping where my other equipment is...so it is what it is..but I think I am on the right track. I came home late from my dad's last night, DH says he didn't get my text...oh he got it..just didn't read it. I had asked him to cook the steak on the grill..so I had to come home and cook, but the win is I didn't grab PB or cake or something quick. I grabbed my apple I didn't eat at work while I cooked for everyone.

@theslightedgeforever I saw that FitStar app and installed it today.. I am also interested in the new sleep thing I saw advertised on FB.
    @gemwolf110 I am like the slightedge...I can't do elliptical too long. My feet go to sleep...or tingle.
    @trooworld I hope you don't get sick either..it sucks..LOL

okay gotta run.

Where or where are our other friends...

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Well, I tracked 2 meals out of 3 yesterday so that's a start. Today, I've pretracked 2 out of 3, I'm not sure what we are having for dinner or I'd pretrack that too.

@gemwolf110 great job, getting to the gym! I had meatloaf and mashed potatoes the other night. Yum to the quiches.

@theslightedgeforever that makes sense why you'd like the app better. I have to create a lot of recipes, I rarely eat the same thing, so that is why it is easier on the computer for me. That's a valid concern re: the veggie bags. No, I didn't get any exercise in. I doubt I will today either. Great job with the exercise!

@cbabie at least you know what happened and what to do about it. I'm glad you ate that apple instead of cake or PB.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gemwolf. Looky what I just did on the elliptical

5urpiwi738jf.jpg

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I got to 30 and thought about you and said push for 40. My heart rate was extremely high though. More than 50% was in my peak range I need to research how much of my workout is supposed to be at that level vs cardio
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie Looks like another good day of choices. These all end up over time to good health. What's the new sleep thing?

trooworld Yaaay on tracking. You are making healthy habits. What's your favorite form of exercise? Mine is walking as I can do it anywhere. No matter the season. There are always malls. It doesn't give me the calorie burn though that other exercises do. I can tell my body is sore just from that fit test the other day. Haven't used those muscles in a while.

gemwolf What helped me was I was watching the Voice. I might just use that as my elliptical crutch. Plus I would change hand positions every min. Then a minute of going backward. Then constantly thinking just get to 5 to 10 to 15. Plus dh was on the treadmill next to me and wouldn't get off. :/ He knows I like treadmill better but you snooze you lose he says.

Food budget under cals and carbs
    Exercise 40 min elliptical

The scale is not cooperating with me this week. I think I am having a delayed reaction to my first two days of the week which were bad. But I'm pressing on to lose that lb. Eventually it has to come off right? I have bookclub tomorrow night and a game night on Friday. Both involve food. So I had better eat light during the day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

Well I did get my walk in didn't get my 10K in, not sure what is going on. I used to hit that all the time. I have to be more aware. Didn't do well after church..cashews attacked my mouth and hand...They both had a mind of their own. Looking back, I think an alien invaded my hand. :) Otherwise still on my plan. (no sugar) Today is birthday cake day...I hope they don't have cheesecake...it always calls out to me. LOL

@theslightedgeforever the sleep thing on fitbit: I read about it on FB LOL it's going to be where you can see the phases of sleep, like when you do those sleep evaluations. I am not sure if I really ever go into a deep sleep. I almost dozed a couple of times in church last night I was so tired. I can always tell because I get cold and then I start having trouble keeping my eyes open. My girlfriend looked at me and asked if I was tired...she saw it..LOL I just don't rest..great job on the elliptical.

@gemwolf110 maybe I will try this weekend and see if I can get past the numbing thing. :)

@trooworld great job on tracking. I am like slightedge, I eat the same thing all the time, it's easier for me. However, I do love to cook. (Just seem to be short on time right now)

Okay I have to go, I have a meeting at 11 that I have not done my prep work yet for.. :( I just don't want to give up my exercise and prayer time..

Cbabie

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all! I was tempted to sleep in this morning, I'm tired, but here I am awake and drinking coffee.

@gemwolf110 I'm glad it turned out well. I hope you got to make your shepherds pie too.

@theslightedgeforever great job! My favorite form of exercise is plain old walking too.

@cbabie sorry about the cashews incident. I hope they don't have cheeescake!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning: I did get my walk in, but still under my 10K, I even rode a bike at work. We have 3 bikes that anyone can ride. We are downtown and it's part of the culture. We are down by one of the universities and you see college kids, street people, you see it all. LOL I hate no cheesecake, they didn't have any. Birthday cake with whipped cream frosting is not my go to. However, I blew it at home. I had some emotional stress and decided that I would eat 2 big pieces of cake with butter cream frosting. I have indigestion this morning, but I have accepted it and moved on.
    @trooworld love my morning coffee!
    @gemwolf110 I had to laugh when I saw you say wicked good...that's a term I picked up when we lived in Boston.

Okay gals gotta run,

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I'm dealing with the blues today, it came on pretty hard yesterday and I left work at noon because I was feeling that way and in a really bad mood. I hope I feel better today.

@cbabie I'm glad you moved on.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

what happened to our team? I know weekends are busy...mine are crazy, but please stop by. I miss my friends.

@trooworld I am so sorry that the blues stopped by. My mom used to set the time on the stove when she wanted people to go home..rude I know, but that was my mom. So set your timer and kick the unwanted guest out.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Thanks, @cbabie . It's tough when I get depressed. I'll have to try your mom's trick hahaha

Where is everyone? I don't know. Hopefully just busy.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning
    Well today most people change times...

yes @trooworld where is everyone.... I am lonely. :)

okay off to get my stuff done, got up late and I have it in the throat again. This is not me..I am NEVER sick.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Well, we had to put our kitty cat to sleep yesterday afternoon. He was 19-20 yrs old and they found a large tumor in his tummy. I'm even more depressed. I hope you all come back soon.

@cbabie I'm sorry to hear you are getting sick again, maybe it's the stress? Feel better soon.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have had a busy past couple of days with social events. Looks like gemwolf, trooworld and cbabie are holding down the fort.

cbabie I wish there was a guide for what your sleep is supposed to be. Like how many times restless is okay. bike riding is fun. Lol on your mom and the timer. I hope your sickness passes quickly.

trooworld sorry about your kitty. Mine passed in 2014. She was 15. We have her ashes in a little kitty urn sitting on my fireplace mantle. Her collar is draped around it. Im not really a pet person but she was part of the family.

gemwolf I like listening to Avenged Sevenfold when I'm on the treadmill. Especially running. Not that I do that much.

I didn't track this weekend nor did any exercise.

Here's a link to WW meeting highlights.

https://youtu.be/-UDFQ9-gPV8?list=PLotciwu13pympuBvNte5ZWt9E96kqjYPp